Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WarehamFox

Atletico Madrid match thread

Strange thing is we've not been particularly bad in either tie, it's been last ditch at times but I only really remember one shot from them other than the goal, and that was a 25 yarder straight down Kaspers throat. They've just been more clinical than us.

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

They are very, very good and by playing Drinkwater we're effectively playing them with 10 men, making an already difficult task harder.

At the risk of coming off as in-game hyperbole I have no reservations in saying I would not be disappointed if he left this summer. He's had his chances for me now and I'm not having this injury nonesense. If he was injured he wouldn't be starting the biggest game in our history. Game after game he misplaces the most simple of passes and disrupts anything good we try to do. I can't remember being this outraged at a Leicester player starting each week. He really has been THAT bad.

At least someone not seeing the game with blinders. I'm actively asking myself what kind of contribution he's actually making and wonder if Amartey wouldn't be a better choice. But to be frank the whole team, bar Vardy and Kasper, was out of the game.

1 minute ago, M0901 said:

If Atletico got out of second gear they'd tear us apart. We just have to throw the sink at them. Why not. Proud of the boys. Seven years on from winning league one and here we are in a champions league quarter final. Unbelievable.

That's not really fair - they're playing the way they play and the way we played in the run in last season - grab a goal then spoil everything with incredible defensive discipline. They're not sitting back lazily like that implies, they're just playing the style Simeone likes to play.

5 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Rather lose by 3 or 4 now, just have a go now, get in their faces, and get numbers forward, we are not going to score when we get through and nobody is in the box

This. Who gives a **** at this point?

Just have a completely uninhibited freewheeling go at it second half. 

Might as well. 

Just now, The Doctor said:

Strange thing is we've not been particularly bad in either tie, it's been last ditch at times but I only really remember one shot from them other than the goal, and that was a 25 yarder straight down Kaspers throat. They've just been more clinical than us.

I agree, but also, for both occasions, the defending has been shoddy,, we should be better.  Do they want to name, names but both, Albright on has had a hand them.  It's about fine lines and they have that ability to make the most of em

6 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Deary me.

Where on earth are these mysterious crosses going to appear from?

We lost the tie in the first leg, i said at the time, but those on here who either 

a) Were too blinkered by their blue tinted spectacles

b) Have no knowledge of the fact that Atletico are the worst team in European football we could play

can't/haven't been able to see this.

Yes you're  right, you are soooo great,

have a biscuit.

1 minute ago, Mezeker said:

i would bring on gray for simpson, Slimani for Okazaki, just go for it, overload them.

Simpson has been great and Slimani is injured. Otherwisw, great ideas, keep 'em coming. We're still brainstorming 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We have made about 5 crosses, more chances have been created from crosses than balls over the top or through the middle. wake up. 

Only one side has made a decent cross in 45 mins...and it hasn't been us.

Look, if you don't watch much football apart from us, that's completely fine.

But commenting on what we should do to combat Atletico, when you clearly know nothing about them, isn't right.

To beat Atletico, you don't go 2-0 down, needing 3 goals. You won't find a cure, therefore you need to focus on prevention.

Archived