Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WarehamFox

Atletico Madrid match thread

Just shows how important away goals are. That one for us would have been goldust in this situation.

Only a Manchester City-esque burst could turn this tie now. But big ask, Atletico look like they'll score again too.

All out attack or nothing

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

You still have not made any point in this entire conversation that goes against what I am saying. 

You're just talking irellevant nonsense now. 

So you're saying our game plan should be just to accept the loss?

I make no sense?

You claim we need someone in the box to get on the end of crosses.....we are not even getting crosses into the box.

Our gameplan for the next 45 should be just to try and keep it respectable, 0-2 is very respectable.

I will say again though....in case you missed it.

Firstly we needed an away goal, which we didn't get, that meant that tonight we needed to keep it at 0-0 for at least 85 minutes, and once we didn't do that, we were done.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

They are very, very good and by playing Drinkwater we're effectively playing them with 10 men, making an already difficult task harder.

At the risk of coming off as in-game hyperbole I have no reservations in saying I would not be disappointed if he left this summer. He's had his chances for me now and I'm not having this injury nonesense. If he was injured he wouldn't be starting the biggest game in our history. Game after game he misplaces the most simple of passes and disrupts anything good we try to do. I can't remember being this outraged at a Leicester player starting each week. He really has been THAT bad.

Injury or not, he still is our best central midfielder at the moment. Would you have been happier with King and/or Amartey in the middle instead?

That we've come this far in spite of Drinkwater's struggles is a testament to this team. But yes, should've done better in the past summer transfer window in that department...

Just now, Grewks said:

I make no sense?

You claim we need someone in the box to get on the end of crosses.....we are not even getting crosses into the box.

Our gameplan for the next 45 should be just to try and keep it respectable, 0-2 is very respectable.

I will say again though....in case you missed it.

Firstly we needed an away goal, which we didn't get, that meant that tonight we needed to keep it at 0-0 for at least 85 minutes, and once we didn't do that, we were done.

We have made about 5 crosses, more chances have been created from crosses than balls over the top or through the middle. wake up. 

If Atletico got out of second gear they'd tear us apart. We just have to throw the sink at them. Why not. Proud of the boys. Seven years on from winning league one and here we are in a champions league quarter final. Unbelievable.

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Just shows how important away goals are. That one for us would have been goldust in this situation.

Only a Manchester City-esque burst could turn this tie now. But big ask, Atletico look like they'll score again too.

All out attack or nothing

I'd rather lose this tie 4-0 on aggregate going for it than 2-0 on aggregate and not trying. Not that they aren't trying, it's just so bloody hard against Atleti

Its the the 3 goals we need.... Mahrez  forget defending,, swap Mahrez and Shinji around.We have to go for it..Shinji now has to run his ass off.

Lets be honest we are doing our best, this aint the premier league, Athletico are just doing what they have to, and are better on the ball.Whatever happens  60th minute we should just go for it....

9 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I swear you just come on here for a row :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be the case if some on here just had some basic footballing knowledge.

How people can be surprised at how solid the best defensive side in Europe is, isn't surprising i guess lol

Archived