Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Did Our Golden Era Just end ?

The least few years have been bonkers , they brought amazing joy and memories to last forever 

•The return to the promise land

•The great escape

•becoming Champions of England

•making it to be one of the best 8 teams in europe

For me all this constitutes a GOLDEN ERA , but following last nights exit from the Champions league there is a seriously strong feeling in the media and amongst the general football community that last nights exit could signal the end of our Golden Era ....

what do people think ?

1) Will we win the league again ? 

2) Will we qualify for The Champions league again? 

3) Will this squad win a domestic cup ?

4) and is This really the end of our Golden Era ? 

Be interesting to see how confident/ positive people are ...

In terms of winning titles/ top four, yes. The top clubs have woken up after last season and the top 7 are well ahead at the moment. Our original aim after promotion of establishing ourselves in this league and challenging for the FA & League Cups is still very much on and that's what we should focus on.

Good thread Gaelic.

I think this IS the end of an era at the club. It's been ridiculous. All the Sven nonsense, Pearson coming back, promotion, then Ostrichgate, the great escape, Ranieri, winning the Prem, Europe, Ranieri sacked....

Phew.....what a fookin roller coaster lol 

With the squad we have now, I think we may have some problems. It's old. The back four ain't going to go on for much longer and who do we have to replace them with? Chilwell is very raw, Amartey...well (shudder)

Mahrez will probably leave, Vardy can't go on running about like a mad man forever.

And, of course, we don't know who the longer term manager will be?

I envisage we will sell quite a bit of the rubbish we have in the squad and will need to rebuild. With this in mind, I'm expecting a tough season next campaign. I think we'll evolve into a parennial mid-lower table side and will win a cup or two before too long.

There should be no need for pessimism amongst Leicester fans, leave that to the media dimlows. The future is very bright with young talented players, rich owners and as a club we are now known on the world stage. Clever investment in the summer and retaining most of the squad I think will stand us in good stead to push for the top 6 next season.

As an old Italian man once said, "keep dreaming".

We should look to be a consistently good top half of the table side with some chances of Europa Cup and domestic cups. The 'big' teams probably have too many financial resources for us to be top 4/5/6 regularly but the odd push at CL qualification should also be an aim. If we can do better, so be it! 

Keep the core of the squad together and add to it wisely, and our golden era just might continue. 

We might not win the title or get to the Champions League again, but we know we're capable of qualifying for the Europa League if we have another good season.

We just need to back the last few years up with some solid building and stability- a few midtable finishes, taking plenty of big scalps along the way. Who knows, maybe a domestic cup.

This by no means has to be the end.

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Keep the core of the squad together and add to it wisely, it our golden era just might continue. 

We might not win the title or get to the Champions League again, but we know we're capable of qualifying for the Europa League if we have another good season.

We just need to back the last few years up with some solid building and stability- a few midtable finishes, taking plenty of big scalps along the way. Who knows, maybe a domestic cup.

This by no means has to be the end.

The Europa League is on my mind too. I'd love to be in it.

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

that's the real feeling I had from the game, it was sad. I mean the core we've come used to over this period is surely on its last legs now. 

This is why I'm so gutted, knowing it will never get better than this.

Been close to crying so many times since the 85th minute when it was obvious we wouldn't do it. What a ****ing mess I am lol.

And to cap it all off I agree with Gaelic Fox, **** my life lollollol.

It depends if players like Mahrez and Vardy etc want to stay after the 'disappointment' of being knocked out of the Champions League tbh.

Doubt it, but their heads may have turned slightly after this and may think about what to do next - especially after what they achieved last season was a reward in playing in the CL.

Let's hope - as the team has got strong experience in Fuchs, Morgan, Simpson, Schmeichel, Albrighton and Huth, blended in with strong potential starlets like Ndidi, Chilwell and Gray - the team sticks together and fight for another cause next season.

It breaks my heart that we missed the chance of a dynasty because of foolish and naive decisions. Like not signing a number 10, not signing a overlapping RB (got nothing against simo), not signing a proper kantè replacement until January and not signing a box to box CM (+ not signing a young ball playing CB).

I guess that's the downside of sudden success, people were just not ready to go to the next gear.

24 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

The least few years have been bonkers , they brought amazing joy and memories to last forever 

•The return to the promise land

•The great escape

•becoming Champions of England

•making it to be one of the best 8 teams in europe

For me all this constitutes a GOLDEN ERA , but following last nights exit from the Champions league there is a seriously strong feeling in the media and amongst the general football community that last nights exit could signal the end of our Golden Era ....

what do people think ?

Be interesting to see how confident/ positive people are ...

I think it all seriously depends on who the owners make the next permanent manager & the style of football we try to play from the end of this season going forwards. 

If we carry on with the same philosophy as we have had the last couple of months and the previous season I see no reason why we can't achieve top 6 next season especially with a couple of quality additions. 

Teams just cannot cope with the counter attacking football. 

Pretty much what Col said. My answers would be..

Not in my lifetime I wouldn't have thought. Last season was a beautiful freak and a complete 'one off' as far as I'm concerned..

Highly unlikely for me. There's just too many established, quality 'big' teams to compete with year on year. Winning the PL was a genuine miracle and getting in the top 4 again would feel equally miraculous to me.. 

Possibly - if we prioritise it. I'd love to see us win the FA Cup - it's the only thing missing for us domestically and it feels like massive unfinished business after four losing finals..

For me, sadly yes. I fear the squad may get broken up in the summer, but funnily enough I'd be more confident in the players staying if Shakey got the gig permanently. 

I'm usually happy clappy optimistic but it just feels like we've had our time, it was truly wonderful, and now it's over. 

And I'd love to be totally 100% completely wrong...

I think we are realistically aiming for consistent top 8 finishes now, but I would like to think we could really go after the FA Cup next season. That would certainly be possible with this set of players and a few additions. 

What a ride it has been though! Domestic cup competitions could keep that ride going, but I don't think we will be able to break that Premier League top 6 again

We're Leicester and we have a built-in self-destructive streak. Forget qualifying for the CL again or winning the damn title, I'd like to think we can become PL mainstays with an extended stay and establish ourselves as a team a cut above relegation battles ala Stoke, West Brom, Saints. Somehow though the pessimist in me fears we'll be back in the 2nd tier all too soon....

Archived