Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

51 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Morrison??? Hmm 

I know! Get him back from Italy. Think he's been training with QPR

Good friends with Simpson. Would cost virtually nothing. Good age. Off field issues, but must be growing up now, mentally, surely. Probably just needs a chance. Fergie used to rave about him. Skilful No.10. Probably just needs a chance away from big city (London, Manchester, Birmingham gangland) distractions. Nothing to loose really.

I'd like us to look at young players mainly who could be in the team for a good few years and will only increase in value. 

back up keeper or a number one if schmeichel goes

rb Henrichs from Leverkusen, trippier, Bruno Peres, jedvaj

2 cb's any from Ake Keane Maguire Gibson Zouma Smalling Nastasic

cm Adrien silva and like the suggestion of tielemans

Am thorgen hazard, Sigurdsson, ilicic, Anderson Talisca

striker Tammy Abraham 

Danny Simpson is great but with the left back position we have a great young back up in Chilwell, so I'd love a young right bag with bags of potential. Would like a decent playmaker option as well. Someone who can pass a ball and assist goals and not lose possession really sloppily.

Although I really like Simpson I'd go all out to get Trippier from spurs aswell as Ake from Chelsea. 

Midfield I would still pursue Silva as he seems like just the type of quick passing centre mid that we require alongside Ndidi. 

Then if Swansea go down try to get in for Siggurdson. 

22 hours ago, STUHILL said:

If Drinkwater had played as well as he did last season, then I wouldn't be that concerned about signing another top CM, as him and N'didi would start nearly every game hopefully, with James/King/Mendy all able to cover the handful of games they missed or cup competitions. 

The drop-off and continued poor form Drinky shows though, makes me think that we need another top CM to play alongside N'didi or at least help force Drinky to rediscover those heights of last year. No one has pushed him for his place this season. 

Personally, I would have N'didi, New signing, Drinkwater, James and also Sigurdsson able to play in there if needed. 

Imo bit harsh on Drinkwater. Earlier in the season, he was virtually playing on his own in midfield because Amartey/King were awful & before his injury he was our best player.

To me it looks like he's carrying an injury, so will need the pre-season to fully recover and get back to his best.

He is one of the best in the prem when he's on form.

I'd keep Drinkwater in the starting 11 next season & have James competing for his spot, who is currently playing a Drinkwater-esque role at Barnsley. If we buy a CM, it should be someone to challenge N'didi imo.

Drinkwater wouldn't want to be a bench player either.

5 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Great player. I'd be slightly underwhelmed if Mahrez left and he was his replacement.

But as back up for Riyad it's a no brainer.

I thought he played as an attacking midfielder 

6 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Moses Odubajo? Back from injury next month & only has 1 year left on his contract. Always looked a good player.. He might be a good attack minded option at RB?

Is this the ex Leyton Orient RB that went to Hull? Then got injured?

Have watched him and always thought he was absolute quality.

34 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Is this the ex Leyton Orient RB that went to Hull? Then got injured?

Have watched him and always thought he was absolute quality.

yeah that's him :thumbup: shame he got injured & couldn't show his ability at prem level.

Having been around a lot of players singing his praises at Chesterfield when he burst on the scene, and seeing his continued growth at Hull, I'd certainly consider going in for Sam Clucas.

Hes former LCFC academy too.

19 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Having been around a lot of players singing his praises at Chesterfield when he burst on the scene, and seeing his continued growth at Hull, I'd certainly consider going in for Sam Clucas.

certainly looks impressive. What's his best position though ? He seems to play everywhere CDM, CAM & on the wing.

21 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

certainly looks impressive. What's his best position though ? He seems to play everywhere CDM, CAM & on the wing.

Changed a lot to be fair, shows his versatility! At chesterfield he was incredibly attacking, even played with the forwards at times, hence the 12 goals that season.

52 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Is he any better than what we have already? Will he improve our starting X11? 

On 21 April 2017 at 21:26, 49er said:

Really impressed with a couple of Anderlecht players:

Tielemans - box to box midfielder, with an eye for goal. A sort of better, younger version of Drinky. Problem is that the 'bid' clubs will no doubt be in for him.

Dendoncker - defensive midfielder.

Spajic - solid looking central defender.

If Slimani, Okazaki and Ulloa leave, I still that Edin Dzeko could do a job in the Premier League. Arnautovic may be worth a shout - to think that we could have got him last year for less than we paid for Musa!

In terms of defence, if Chilwell becomes a regular at left back, why not use Fuchs as a central defender. Intelligent footballer, reads the game well and is good in the air. 

Asked a ManU supporting mate how Mbodji played against them,

he said Mbodji was ok but Spajic was very good.

Archived