Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

On 28/06/2017 at 08:22, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

They may be taking time in order to make sure we get the recruitment right this year as opposed to the joke that was last summer. Harry Maguire is a perfect signing already but I don't care if we make 3 signings on the last day if it means more like him...

Whats the rush? 

The rush is pre season training starts on Monday. Let's get organised now ffs.

Or, having had 5 months to get all the best plans organised since the last window closed would you prefer we did as last season.

ie, wait until the season is two or three games in, and then wait further until the last few hours so we have to pay top dollar. 

The longer they leave leave it the higher the fee.

After that it it will be "he's missed the pre season so not ready to start yet"

Surely these ****ers realise the potential issues of not getting the business done early. 

57 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

The rush is pre season training starts on Monday. Let's get organised now ffs.

Or, having had 5 months to get all the best plans organised since the last window closed would you prefer we did as last season.

ie, wait until the season is two or three games in, and then wait further until the last few hours so we have to pay top dollar. 

The longer they leave leave it the higher the fee.

After that it it will be "he's missed the pre season so not ready to start yet"

Surely these ****ers realise the potential issues of not getting the business done early. 

Listen - I know what you are saying. But without boring you to death I think you've got to look at the bigger picture. 

Transfers in the premier league work in strange ways. If we're going for "experience" then often you find that clubs won't allow their "experience" to leave unless they find a replacement themselves.

23 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Listen - I know what you are saying. But without boring you to death I think you've got to look at the bigger picture. 

Transfers in the premier league work in strange ways. If we're going for "experience" then often you find that clubs won't allow their "experience" to leave unless they find a replacement themselves.

One of the problems we have had this transfer window is the length of time it took us to announce who the permanent manager was going to be no-one is going to sign for a club who has no manager and the fault of this lies firmly with that clown Rudkin he is the one pulling the strings down their and the owners think the sun shines out his back passage. Also we have been putting too much effort into buying this Belgium club to our detriment and now Rudkin is spending his time between the two clubs, when its obvious he hasn't got the know how to run one.

1 minute ago, Foxes1 said:

One of the problems we have had this transfer window is the length of time it took us to announce who the permanent manager was going to be no-one is going to sign for a club who has no manager and the fault of this lies firmly with that clown Rudkin he is the one pulling the strings down their and the owners think the sun shines out his back passage. Also we have been putting too much effort into buying this Belgium club to our detriment and now Rudkin is spending his time between the two clubs, when its obvious he hasn't got the know how to run one.

Rudkin is involved with the other club as well?

5 hours ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

How come other teams are signing their targets then?

Everton and Bournemouth for example.

I am being totally bored to death by this transfer window, and I don't need a reply to my rhetorical question.

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Everton and Bournemouth and Bournemouth for example.

I am being totally bored to death by this transfer window, and I don't need a reply to my rhetorical question.

Both Bournemouths then...

l heard they were building a bridge to connect them

56 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Everton and Bournemouth for example.

Your boring you silly old sod that's why.

If you don't want a reply stop boring us with your silly posts you clearly haven't got a scoobey.

1 hour ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Your boring you silly old sod that's why.

If you don't want a reply stop boring us with your silly posts you clearly haven't got a scoobey.

Deary me. 

You condescending twat.

Please enlighten me why you think it was a good idea not to pay £15m for Keane last season, when he was ready to join us.

How old are you btw? 

15 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Deary me. 

You condescending twat.

Please enlighten me why you think it was a good idea not to pay £15m for Keane last season, when he was ready to join us.

How old are you btw? 

Language Timothy! 

And for for the record I would of snapped Keane up last year no problem. 

9 hours ago, Grantham Fox said:

This is getting amusing I must say gents.

I no! All I'm saying is that when your after "proven" players they may take a little longer to sign than players from Belgium or France that are relitivly unknown so we can't expect to much action! And if they already from the Prem/Championship then they don't exactly need a full summer like these unknown players do...

11 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Meanwhile Everton are signing Keane for £25m.

What on earth is going on at our club? 

This is a young England international who we could have had last season and this.

Agree..  i wonder what we are doing. .. after last summer i tbought we had learned the lesson. . . Raniari will be reflecting on it

1 hour ago, Worthington said:

Player didn't fancy the move last year when we were about the only serious 'sniffers'.

This year he has more choice, so even more unlikely to rate Filbert Way as his new stomping ground!

Keane, like Sigurdsson, cannot be forced into a move to a club they don't want to be at. Doubt we'll sign either !

Maguire rated higher by all means.

I'm not in panic mode yet as we're not in July yet but if this window ends up being another dud we really will have to look at having a revamp of the recruitment team. 

The reputation we made for ourselves by winning the league hasn't been utilised and seems to be dwindling and it just doesn't seem like the people in charge are selling the club well enough to potential targets. 

And I'm not just slagging off Rudkin

13 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Cambiasso faltered for ages....waiting for alternatives that didn't materialise. Of course he came eventually, though on the shorter contract option..

Slimani ?? I actually think he fancied the move, lucrative contract and, of course, signing for the team that had attracted more attention than any other in 2016. Also had a compatriot here, which probably helped things along.

Keane last summer made a press statement, (possibly more), suggesting that he'd prefer to stay at Burnley rather than returning to Leicester. You'd have to ask the player why, not me!

Siggy ?? Don't feel he's a 'boat rocker'...Probably aspires to a move, but equally happy to stay put. I just have my doubts that we'll push things far enough to turn his head... Hope I'm wrong, but just a gut feeling this isn't going to happen !

Keane said he wanted to come, did he not?

Archived