Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

There's articles today stating that Andre Gray has asked for 100k a week at Burnley, but they can't pay it, so with one year remaining on his contract he would be available for £10m..........

Everton And Spurs are interested, but I think we should enter the race.

At £10m we could afford to pay what he wants (maybe circa £75k a week plus bonuses for appearances and goals).

The questions are, would he pick us over those clubs, and would he fit alongside Vardy as the second striker?

Spurs tend to play Kane as their one main striker, so he may not get as many games, Everton will be losing Lukaku, but I'd expect them to try and replace him with someone a bit more prestigious to appease their fans..........

Thoughts??

11 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

This summer window is looking bleak now... Yes I'm aware it's at the start of the window...  I miss not having any real football to watch

I just want someone concrete links to talk about again, so we can all argue with each other about how shit / good the player is.

1 hour ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

They may be taking time in order to make sure we get the recruitment right this year as opposed to the joke that was last summer. Harry Maguire is a perfect signing already but I don't care if we make 3 signings on the last day if it means more like him...

Whats the rush? 

Ideally you would have a full pre season with all of your players,for obvious reasons.

Just now, notnow john said:

Ideally you would have a full pre season with all of your players,for obvious reasons.

THIS. We have to have learned something from Slimani etc., right?  Just throwing them in the deep end usually only works out with mid-season transfers for players that have already been playing that season (Ndidi)?

7 hours ago, bpfox said:

at present would take anyone who can kick a ball. it looks like we again have huffed and puffed and are getting no one. would love to know why the hell we can not get business done, its not like we have no funds. unless we get in at least 3-4 new faces we will again be battling the drop.

It isn't even July yet ffs lol

1 hour ago, notnow john said:

Yes agree. However if the player is a PREMIER LEAGUE player then surely by logic he wouldn't need too long to settle in? Slimlani and most of the "bargains" we have been after have no experience of England never mind about the premier league...

28 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Injured already, you really want to splash the cash on a bit part player? 

How much would he cost? Can't be too much. We've got a really good injury record with our players and getting Wilshere fit could reinvigorate his career. A bit of creativity in midfield would be welcome.

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

I just want someone concrete links to talk about again, so we can all argue with each other about how shit / good the player is.

Do what the journalists do and make something up about a transfer being imminent....this transfer window is already looking very similar to last years Summer....

The 'OX' available for 25 mil! Surely we could attract a player of his standard, young and an England international. No we can't offer champions league but these are the types of players that can take us to the next level. He needs to get his career back on track and we would be a club to do that. 

1 hour ago, bizlcfc said:

The 'OX' available for 25 mil! Surely we could attract a player of his standard, young and an England international. No we can't offer champions league but these are the types of players that can take us to the next level. He needs to get his career back on track and we would be a club to do that. 

Liverpool bound.

5 minutes ago, waylander said:

Samir nasri is available man city don't want him back . Be easily the best player in our squad and would be fired up too. GEEERRRRRIIIMMMMIN

Are you having a laugh?

skysports-samir-nasri-gettyimages-653365

never mind about west ham...

I'm starting to worry about our business.    A I have said before, we have a number of player in our first teams that we are not sure about... i.e. if they work at their flaws they could become excellent premier league players... but if they will put the effort in.. and if they will succeed we just don't know.  In to this category I would put McGire Mendy, amarty, slimani, musa, kapusta, benny... and also james (can be remain fit?).  SO that seven where we are gambling (lets' say 3 make it).  If Mahrez stays, then he also has to put work in to get back to his best.

So right now I think we need to buy in proven players with the quality to be top six players;  WE should buy quality.  Buy Micheal kean (or Smalling); buy cover at right back; buy adrien silva; buy  Iheanacho  - if we miss any of there we will need alternatives (NB: not deany - he's a good player but NOT top six) - so that's quite a lot of work.  IF this was a business we would have a team on each one. 

I am right to be worried about our progress (i.e. lack of)?

11 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

never mind about west ham...

I'm starting to worry about our business.    A I have said before, we have a number of player in our first teams that we are not sure about... i.e. if they work at their flaws they could become excellent premier league players... but if they will put the effort in.. and if they will succeed we just don't know.  In to this category I would put McGire Mendy, amarty, slimani, musa, kapusta, benny... and also james (can be remain fit?).  SO that seven where we are gambling (lets' say 3 make it).  If Mahrez stays, then he also has to put work in to get back to his best.

So right now I think we need to buy in proven players with the quality to be top six players;  WE should buy quality.  Buy Micheal kean (or Smalling); buy cover at right back; buy adrien silva; buy  Iheanacho  - if we miss any of there we will need alternatives (NB: not deany - he's a good player but NOT top six) - so that's quite a lot of work.  IF this was a business we would have a team on each one. 

I am right to be worried about our progress (i.e. lack of)?

I think Maguire is a good start. And apart from Everton, I don't think many (if any) of the Premier League clubs have done a lot of business so far. Of course though, we all want them new signings done and dusted asap.

45 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

I think Maguire is a good start. And apart from Everton, I don't think many (if any) of the Premier League clubs have done a lot of business so far. Of course though, we all want them new signings done and dusted asap.

Bournemouth have signed Begovic, Defoe and Akè. I expect them to be strong next season. 

Archived