Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

May 2nd 2016

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I have Facebook but very rarely use it, when I do it's about Leicester...my memories, timehop thingy is gonna go crazy tomorrow and i'm sharing it all.

I watched at home, was gonna go to bed at half time, but I could see it was going to kick off, I saw red cards coming in that match, Tottenham's heads were coming off (God know why when they were 2-0 up, weirdos), so I decided to stay up, the red cards never came but Tottenham's heads went even more, Cahill scored, Hazard equalised, Celebrations, got the beers out, popped the Champagne out that I bought at the weekend, I then realised shit, I wanna be at the stadium, but no-one was local, i'd had a drink so I made abit of a mistake there and gutted I couldn't get to the stadium! Anyway carried on getting smashed, had very little sleep, went to work, finished early, because as I hadn't got to the stadium on the night, I knew I needed to be there the following day atleast.

Gonna be emotional again tomorrow watching all the videos.

It's only just sank it a little bit, when we got knocked out of the CL was when it first hit me and sank in because there was feeling that it was all over, but i'd still not say it's fully sank it, it will take years.

The victory parade will be the next memories to look back on :wub:

I just pray we beat Tottenham and we help Chelsea out in a couple of weeks, because nothing will top last year and i'm not saying it'll feel anything like it, but it'll give us a little bit back that we altered the title race this year too, we had a say, we repayed the favour, i'll certainly be celebrating crazy if that scenario plays out.

Well we have altered it already with that draw at the spuds. That one game could make the difference for all we know . I really hope so. 

28 minutes ago, promised land said:

I did record the last few minutes at the bridge and sky sports news, watched it quite a few times since that night, good job it's not a vhs video, the quality would be awful now from rewatching it.

The same goes for the Everton game, still got the full programme on my box, just hope my sky box doesn't die like my last one did! 

Exactly the same here.  :)

I can barely remember. Didn't have a thing to drink, watched at home alone as I knew spurs would win...

that feeling...inexplicable. Laughing, crying. Felt like my insides were trying to burst out. 

Watched the game in my local with my family and friends.. All season ticket holders! Never felt such emotion when the final whistle went. After  a few bottles of champagne we went to my daughters and had some more! Eventually got home and proceeded to projectile vomit over my wife! She looked after me all night .. As she always has and it remains the best night of my life! 

Was at home watching it my missus and kid. Watched five minutes at home said am going pub .

2-0,I was telling everyone in there Chelsea would come back. 

Final whistle pandemonium in the pub amazing. Was with all my mates . We all sit together in the ground we cracked the champagne a magnum or two. 

It wasn't enough. Went it the city centre.. Car hooters ,lights flashing flags people shouting on the streets.

Had not made town yet. 

Headed to the market tavern street is full cannot move . Many tv crews all over wow . Many more beers in tavern.  Go for a walk around town unreal scenes traffic jams car hooters a Carnival, a see of blue !

(it's 12.30 am on a bank holiday Monday)

Every creed was Dancing around the clock tower amazing sight 100s  doing a conga . African and Aisan drums banging.

Salmon for many more beers . 

Didnt take key out . Had to wake her up lol

What a night.

Never forget running through the traffic and 2 cars in a row getting out opening boots up and handing me and my mates a beer each to take with us on our way down to the ground. What a night, the city centre was special.. the month that followed was incredible too 

I left the pub at half-time, the smug Spuds fans were likely to piss me off. Went home and relied on my phone for updates. Considered driving to Leicester, but getting messages from friends and watching BBC was enough for me - it was too incredible to take in, and if I'm honest, it still hasn't really sunk in. Maybe that's my age or my stage of life, but nonetheless I was beyond delighted.

16 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Headed to the market tavern street is full cannot move . Many tv crews all over wow . Many more beers in tavern.  Go for a walk around town unreal scenes traffic jams car hooters a Carnival, a see of blue !

(it's 12.30 am on a bank holiday Monday)

Can you spot yourself?lol

image.jpeg

I watched at home, with the mrs and the baby. Almost turned off disappointed when Spurs were 2-0 up, didn't. Honestly felt like it was going to happen when Cahill scored and then as soon as Hazard laid the ball off I was off the sofa and on my feet. The feelings when it hit the top corner, my word. Never felt like it was in doubt after that, seeing the Spurs players go mental with tackles etc, an amazing feeling. Full time whistle, debating whether to do something or not, grabbed myself a whisky....eventually got the child out of bed and into the car (just over 1 year old), picked the mother and father up, went to the ground and soaked in a once in a lifetime atmosphere. Daughter stayed fast asleep while we were there, and call me a bad parent all you like, but there was no way I could A. Miss that moment and B. Not give her the opportunity to say 'I was there' for that moment. The period between this right upto the Kasabian gig at the Walkers I will honestly never forget. Remarkable. 

Watched it at home. Went mental when Hazard scored, the weirdest noise I've ever made. Ran down the corridor of my flat and could have kept going for miles if there hadn't been a door at the end. 

Just stood in dazed silence when the final whistle went. Those few weeks took it out of me. Had about ten minutes trying to let it sink in but it wouldn't. Then sat down to try to write about it.

Obviously an incredible moment but I preferred the Everton game all in all, as a celebration of the title and the season.

Couldn't watch from just after Hazard's goal. Paced around for the next 10, heard Chelsea had a free-kick and went in to watch what I knew would be the final kick. Pass out wide, final whistle and that was it. Elation and a little tear afterwards.

Took me a while to relax after the game. I actually think it was made better because of the comeback, didn't expect it at half-time so to be champions less than an hour later was just incredible.

Was on my first family holiday with wife and 10 month old son. Arrived in menorca approx 14:00 local time. Drank all through the day in the sun, had some dinner at the buffet. Watched the game first half with the wife and kiddo. 0-2 down dejected. She takes the lad off to bed and says "don't be mardy if it don't happen" as she walks off. Continued drinking vast amounts with a couple of blokes (one Celtic fan I remember). Mrs says she recalls hearing the roar of Cahill goal even from our room on the 2nd floor. 

Hazard scores and i am going batshit. A few other celebs from Chelsea fans across the bar. The last 10 mins I must have downed two pints at least and then a couple of straight whisky. Class. As soon as full time blew I was tearing up, went straight up to the room and woke the mrs up to tel her we'd done it. Then I proceeded to just sit there laughing hysterically (according to the mrs) whilst she's shouting at me not to wake the boy up. Connected my phone to wifi to whatsapp my old man and read a few news articles on the whole thing. Could see from Facebook the city was electric.

when I finally laid down to bed the room was spinning so I went and hugged the throne for a couple minutes. :sicknessemoji:

incredible.

P.s at the end of the game I realised I'd been near a Spurs fan the whole time. That shot when Harry Kane has the ball in hand slack jawed the fella goes "Unluckay Array". I almost wanted to offer my condoloncoes but I also wanted to scream CHAMPIONES CHAMPIONES OLE OLE OLE. I think I actually did yell JAMIE VARDY AVIN A PARTY at some stage in the bar. 

Class

It was right at the end of a bank holiday. Was at home with girlfriend both in City kits. We ended up drinking putting flags up and outside bed about 2am. Boring to many but one of my favourite nights ever and but will have the memories for ever.

IMG_20160425_222344.jpg

Watched it with the Mrs, kids and my dad. We'd decorated the living room with scarves and flags, fox, trophy and blue and white helium balloons. At half time I sent the kids bed saying 'I don't think it's going to happen tonight'. Several minutes later I'm jumping around the living room celebrating Cahills goal and suddenly realise they're back downstairs jumping around with me. When hazard scored went beserk, then spent the rest of the match pacing around siting down getting back up and pacing around muttering and rambling to myself like a gibbering idiot. Screamed at Willian to play the free kick into the corner and then went beserk again at the final whistle.

I can still feel the immense pride I felt watching the gold ticker on sky sports saying 'Leicester are premier league champions' yet felt slightly annoyed it didn't say 'Leicester City.....' lol. When they shown the pictures of crowds gathering at the kp I jumped in the car and headed down there, nearly stacking my car into the back of another that had stopped in the underpass for some reason because I was hanging out the window singing and shouting with some lads driving alongside me. Eventually parked at the Tigers because the traffic was so bad and headed to the kp until about 3am.

The next day I finished work early and took the kids and Mrs for a mooch round the kp and then a drink and 5live were presenting a show in the pub, met Muzzy and shoved the kids to him for a photo. My productivity nosedived over those few weeks, winning the title cost me a fortune. lol:scarf:

I was at my now ex-girlfriends house. Swore I wouldn't watch.

Kept checking the score though, although I promised myself I wouldn't. 

At 2-0 I left it, until 15 minutes to go, saw Chelsea had one back, so I got it on Sky go on my phone as she didn't have sky.

As soon as that shot left Hazard's foot, I threw the phone, leapt up and screamed, I knew it was in.

She didn't know what to make of it, just loved that they were having a bit of a scrap and kicking off! 

I'd been with her about 9 months, first present I ever bought her was a bottle of Moet, as a joke, it'd been in the fridge for about 5 months! Well, that was opened, a few tears were shed, she thought I was mental and after getting completely wasted, I had the best sex of my life.

She'd probably say it was the worst 30 seconds of her life, but oh well lol

I was amazed we were still together, after the West Ham game, I threw a strop. And for the Swansea game, we all went out for her mums birthday for a meal. I refused to eat, just stood at the bar so I could see the tv! They were all dressed up smart, I turned up in my white city shirt and jeans. 

Didn't buy a drink all day, everyone was loving it haha.

That was all in Luton! 

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I can still feel the immense pride I felt watching the gold ticker on sky sports saying 'Leicester are premier league champions' yet felt slightly annoyed it didn't say 'Leicester City.....' lolWhen they shown the pictures of crowds gathering at the kp I jumped in the car and headed down there, nearly stacking my car into the back of another that had stopped in the underpass for some reason because I was hanging out the window singing and shouting with some lads driving alongside me. Eventually parked at the Tigers because the traffic was so bad and headed to the kp until about 3am.

That's fantastic lollol

I remember stumbling out of the pub after the game was over with my mates. We went to the Spar near DMU to get more beers in and I can remember all the cars honking their horns as they were driving past and we all leant over the railings cheering back at them, like we were trying to outdo them or something!

2 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

That's fantastic lollol

I remember stumbling out of the pub after the game was over with my mates. We went to the Spar near DMU to get more beers in and I can remember all the cars honking their horns as they were driving past and we all leant over the railings cheering back at them, like we were trying to outdo them or something!

lol The roads near the stadium were crazy, honking, people running down the middle of the road with flags. Made me laugh how everyone was paying to park as if some seed of rule or sanity remained tucked away deep in the subconscious mind somewhere amongst all the madness and delirium. 

Oh and thanks to the person who lent me a pound for the parking metre. lol 

I was fortunate to be able to go the game at Old Trafford the day before, not bad, but not the main event we were all waiting for.

I was at uni in Lancaster at the time and, sat down after the game, realised I might be watching my club win the league in a university bar with no other Leicester fans alongside me. It didn't appeal at all. So I bought a return ticket to Leicester, deciding it would be worth the £40 and the loss of a day of revision. It was also my Mum's birthday but that wasn't the reason I was heading home (sorry, Mum - she had a nice time anyway!).

I ended up watching the game at Soar point which was a great place to be. It's not really possible to describe those feelings as the goals went in or as the full time whistle sounded. Delirious, arm-swinging chaos - we all hugged and screamed at anyone who was next to us. You all experienced it too so you know what I'm getting at ;)

Honestly, I'd rank that decision to get the train to Leicester as the best I've ever made.

3 hours ago, promised land said:

Can you spot yourself?lol

image.jpeg

I'm on there. Was in the Tavern. Beer shower when Hazard scored. Tears and singing at full time. Scenes! Hugging strangers. Went down to the ground - high fives all the way! Got home at 4 and just sat in a daze watching the news and trying to take it in. What.A.Night ?

Watched the game in a pub in Stockton On Tees with fellow Foxile - my mate Ed. I just wanted a release from all the weeks of pent up worry and fear that we would feck it up somehow...Half time and resignation that we move on to the weekend..then 2-1 concentrated the attention and then the beautiful moment...Go nuts and then think.. This is really happening and it's happening NOW! Trying to compose myself to take in the moment...Final whistle mayhem and sinking of shorts..A few Boro fans in the pub after their match that day.. Congratulating us...Walked (swayed) home  singing "We are the Champions" to the heavens. Texts and emails from all over the place. Spoke to my compatriot Pete in Sweden - we've been through so much City history together...That warm, mellow feeling that lasted for weeks...WE BLOODY WELL DID IT!!!!

Archived