Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

May 2nd 2016

I watched it at home and bounced around like a 12 year old on Red Bull when Hazards goal went in

Couldn't stop smiling, then had text after text from my mates who complimented me on my years of resilience

My favourite "You deserve that for all the years pxx taking you've put up with.......... You support a top team"

I was invited to the pub but as normal work comes first.

My mate owns a pub in Cardiff and he invited me to watch the Everton game with the all the boys. Great Day

590759c4cafef_memories3.jpg.a5fea96d2164c843f525f0058db637f3.jpg

Can't believe what's happened in a year........

7 hours ago, baker11 said:

Tomorrow a year ago it was night none of us will ever forget. 

Go ahead please use this thread to reminisce about that special night.

For me I had chosen against meeting up with most of the lads I go to games with in Leicester. I also opted to not watch it with anyother Sheffield Foxes either, instead opting to take in a potentially wondrous ocasion on my own.

In the end my girlfriend joined me at a pub in Hillsborough. The place was willing a Chelsea win all except for a lone Spurs fan. At 2.2 I was a rocking mess and looking in danger of hyperventilating. Full time and I went bannans, tears then flowed and I had to be practically carried home in sobbing extacsty.

That night I sat bashing champaigne back watching the news, twitter and facebook just trying to take it all in.

A night we will never see the likes of again. 

Following day I went to work in full kit, no shame and a round of applause ensued.

IMG_2149.JPG

Is that the Spurs fan or Harry Kanes, head in the washing m/c...???

3 hours ago, Spacey_Fox said:

I was at the Kennedy Space Center! On the flight out the previous day they radioed UK airspace to find out the Man U result (I was on a plane from Manchester so there were groans all around me when it was announced as a draw, but I was annoyed for a different reason).

In the afternoon on the Monday I started hearing murmurings around the KSC and my friend asked if I wanted to know. When we got back to the hotel it was wall-to-wall coverage. As I was walking along International Drive that evening wearing my LCFC shirt  I had people hanging out of their cars yelling congratulations. It was absolutely surreal.

The trophy presentation was on my birthday. Being in Florida, watching LCFC lift that trophy, was one of the strangest things I've ever experienced.

Where did you watch the game? 

Watched united game in Miami and had everyone giving high 5's and shouting "you gonna beat the Spurs" as I walked down south beach with City shirt on. 

Day of the spurs Chelsea game drove from Miami to Orlando in about 2 and half hours, pulled up at a McDonald's for free wifi on international drive, went mental as watched last 10 mins and then drove up and down international drive with roof down, shirts on papping hooter/cheering at everyone in sight lol 

I had a quiet one at home in Glasgow.

I'd got up at 0600 the day before to travel to Leicester to watch the Man U game in the pub in Leicester with family and friends, in the hope we'd win at OT and I could join the celebrations in Leicester. On reflection, a draw was a good result.

With work the day after, I came back up to Scotland the morning of the Spurs Chelsea game, thinking Spurs would win it. :rolleyes:

I regret not staying down in Leicester an extra day so I could be around when we won and join the celebrations (and then skyve off work), but, like everyone else, I was still both incredulous and over the moon.

:scarf:

I was in Spain, watched the match at a bar where I never seen Leicester lose with Leicester friends. When Chelsea was 2-0 down, I thought well at least we will beat Everton Saturday to take the title at the King Power, and I'll be there. When Hazard made it 2-2 the bar erupted (almost all were neutrals) except for the corner where some Spuds fans sat. At the final whistle some Chelsea fans came over to congratulate our team. I got absolutely smashed, a good moment was when a Spurs fan came over to shake my hand and bought me a double cognac, we chatted for a while with him saying we fully deserved the title. The night ended with my mate carrying me up 6 flights of stairs to my flat. Next morning was fantastic but I so wished I was in Leicester that night. Saturday made up for it through, what a week!!

I have never known such elation as when Willian played that (score-able) free kick out to the left and the final whistle sounded. I was watching at home with my wife and brother and just careered around the house jumping up and down and going mental with unbridled joy. I then facetimed my son who was watching in America and was totally overcome with tearful emotion. I'll never forget that moment.

I didn't truly believe we would win it until that final whistle. It was a moment of deliverance I will never experience again.

It was such an unimaginable feat for us to win the Premier League that I couldn't bring myself to think what the feeling would be like if we did actually do it. Even when Hazard scored, I feared that Spurs would get another. All those weeks of neutrals telling me that we'd won it already etc had left me so fearful that fate was being tempted. So when that final whistle went, well... it was without doubt the most joyous moment of my life.

I stayed up till the early hours watching the rolling Sky News and lapping it up with a permanent beaming grin. Then the next morning it was off to Tesco to buy all the papers and a couple of bottles of expensive Champagne.

Happy days for ever.

At times I still can't believe it. I'll see a picture or video from that day of a news report say "Leicester win Premier League" and it still seems surreal.

I was watching it home. Went crazy when the Hazard goal went it, and the last ten minutes or so seemed to drag.

I have Facebook but very rarely use it, when I do it's about Leicester...my memories, timehop thingy is gonna go crazy tomorrow and i'm sharing it all.

I watched at home, was gonna go to bed at half time, but I could see it was going to kick off, I saw red cards coming in that match, Tottenham's heads were coming off (God know why when they were 2-0 up, weirdos), so I decided to stay up, the red cards never came but Tottenham's heads went even more, Cahill scored, Hazard equalised, Celebrations, got the beers out, popped the Champagne out that I bought at the weekend, I then realised shit, I wanna be at the stadium, but no-one was local, i'd had a drink so I made abit of a mistake there and gutted I couldn't get to the stadium! Anyway carried on getting smashed, had very little sleep, went to work, finished early, because as I hadn't got to the stadium on the night, I knew I needed to be there the following day atleast.

Gonna be emotional again tomorrow watching all the videos.

It's only just sank it a little bit, when we got knocked out of the CL was when it first hit me and sank in because there was feeling that it was all over, but i'd still not say it's fully sank it, it will take years.

The victory parade will be the next memories to look back on :wub:

I just pray we beat Tottenham and we help Chelsea out in a couple of weeks, because nothing will top last year and i'm not saying it'll feel anything like it, but it'll give us a little bit back that we altered the title race this year too, we had a say, we repayed the favour, i'll certainly be celebrating crazy if that scenario plays out.

All a bit emotional chaps.

It was a thoroughly professional job over the season by all concerned.Personally speaking there were lots of high points with some great football through the season and a few spectacular goals.Im thinking Mahrez v Man City ,and Chelsea.Vardys run ,Ulloa all good stuff

I watched it with my missus and her dad (both are incidentally Arsenal fans).  At 2-0 down I was resigned to the fact I had to wait for another week but we stayed put. At 2-1 I knew Spurs were rattled. When Hazard scored I haven't celebrated another team's goal as hard as this before. It was pandemonium. The last 10 minutes were the most x-rated football I've seen in years.

I sent 15 text messages to my dad who was on a plane back to England, he saw them all when he landed. A few of the texts described in details what I wanted to do to Eden Hazard lol

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Thats what I said..Spurs fan or Harry kanes head..

My money's still on a pink towel ...

Stop press !!!   ....    I've had a closer look and it does look like a mans head !!    :thumbup:

9 hours ago, baker11 said:

Tomorrow a year ago it was night none of us will ever forget. 

Go ahead please use this thread to reminisce about that special night.

For me I had chosen against meeting up with most of the lads I go to games with in Leicester. I also opted to not watch it with anyother Sheffield Foxes either, instead opting to take in a potentially wondrous ocasion on my own.

In the end my girlfriend joined me at a pub in Hillsborough. The place was willing a Chelsea win all except for a lone Spurs fan. At 2.2 I was a rocking mess and looking in danger of hyperventilating. Full time and I went bannans, tears then flowed and I had to be practically carried home in sobbing extacsty.

That night I sat bashing champaigne back watching the news, twitter and facebook just trying to take it all in.

A night we will never see the likes of again. 

Following day I went to work in full kit, no shame and a round of applause ensued.

IMG_2149.JPG

Looks like you've had some damp occuring on the ceiling edge (top right).

That last 10mins I didn't know what to do with myself! I stopped watching and was tidying or something but then realised I didn't want to miss the final whistle so put the game back on just as stoppage time started.

seeing that Spurs had lost the plot was great.

i got very emotional when the realisation hit and stayed up for hours watching the coverage with a few beers.

i wish id recorded it because I could watch it over and over 

9 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

That last 10mins I didn't know what to do with myself! I stopped watching and was tidying or something but then realised I didn't want to miss the final whistle so put the game back on just as stoppage time started.

seeing that Spurs had lost the plot was great.

i got very emotional when the realisation hit and stayed up for hours watching the coverage with a few beers.

i wish id recorded it because I could watch it over and over 

I did record the last few minutes at the bridge and sky sports news, watched it quite a few times since that night, good job it's not a vhs video, the quality would be awful now from rewatching it.

The same goes for the Everton game, still got the full programme on my box, just hope my sky box doesn't die like my last one did! 

Archived