Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

May 2nd 2016

A very surreal season and a very peculiar night of that Chelsea/Spurs game. Let's be honest most humans are complete hermits on the evening of a bank holiday monday and even with the prospect of us winning the league for the first time it felt alien to be swigging all and sundry before the game, knowing work was beckoning.

Id a few friends round but I was struggling to really get the buzz. I didn't watch much of the 1st half and when I saw it was 2-0 I was annoyed that this was all a waste of time. Sat down for the 2nd half after my son had gone to bed and the next 6 hours were a blur. I went to bed about 3am absolutely garried out my head. I'd been in some weird trance from the moment Hazard scored. Everyone left me alone and I just lay on my sofa with 2 bottles of champagne and read and read everything being posted about us all over the news and social media. I kept getting up to have a piss in the sink, no idea why I didn't use the toilet but I'd like to think that's the one special moment I take from our crowning as champions. PISS IN YER SINKS.

I was in town (I drove). 

Words will never ever come close to describing that feeling when the whistle went. Celebrated with everyone around me, then I went outside, just stood taking it all in as people flocked from everywhere to outside the Tavern. 

I text my dad saying thank you and love you and broke out into tears of relief and joy. It still doesn't seem real a year on. 

Guest MattP

We had all the family together watching it at home, the last ten minutes was a mixture of nerves and trying not to laugh as Spurs lost the plot.

Like I lot on here I thanked my Dad after the game and we all then shared champagne and tears whilst watching something I never dared dream about. Seeing that "C" next to Leicester on top of the Premier League. 

About 3am I sat down on my own and just blubbed like a little girl, it was magnificent. 

Watched it at home in North London. Like everyone else I thought it was over at 2-0. And I was pretty convinced that somehow we would screw it up like we did in 1963.

Then THAT goal...and about 8 mins of torture, still wondering how Sours still had 11 men on the pitch.

Then the words on Sky...'Final score, its 2-2 at Stamford Bridge.. Leicester City are champions'

And so much wishing that I was in Leicester....

I was at an open mic night in Winchester, quietly watching the chelsea match on sky sports mobile. I jumped up in the middle of someone else's song when Hazard scored and a chap came up behind me and said "Was that a goal for the Spurs mate?" I said no and took my jacket off to reveal my leicester shirt. Shortly after (before the match was over) I was told that I was up on stage next, so I went up and was shaking through all three of my songs. When I finished i stepped off stage and my mate shouted that we were champions. I almost broke down! Within half an hour I had a text from my dad telling me that Selby was the champion too. What a night for leicester. I'm glad i was on stage because if i was watching the end of that match I probably would have had a heart attack.

Soar Point was unreal at the equaliser and final whistle. Still amazes me just how tame the scenes that were filmed in other pubs for the news looked in comparison!

Absolutely mental outside the Tav too, people using cars like bouncy castles. Only problem was none of the offies seemed to stock champagne, so I ended up necking two or three bottles of prosecco instead. lol

one year ago today! ahhh the memories are still so fresh and still smell so sweet!. i was round my parents watching the Spurs - Chelsea game and as the final whistle drew near i burst into tears. it was just so amazing and unbelievable. i've rewatched Hazards goal thousands of times now and still get emotional every time. the scenes in Leicester at Hazard's goal and the final whistle were amazing and it felt like the whole country if not the world were celebrating with us.

Love reading these memories. Not got anything special to add - just wanted to post this:

Something rarely mentioned about that night - the magnificent tackle by Oscar on Harry Kane that won back possession for Chelsea in the 83rd minute. Ten seconds later, well, you know happened ...

mb4T3F.gif

Kanté may have played only 1 season for Leicester City...

But there's no shadow of doubt that he was by far the most important player during the club's best ever season.

A player usually has to represent Leicester for many seasons to ever be considered as a club legend, let alone be a contester as the best City player ever.

But what Kanté has done for this club during last season, it goes out of the window.

I went to the Graduate in York to watch it with some mates and finished my night singing 'championeees' half naked in a skip in the mecca bingo car park. I had a good night. My snapchat story has been described as the best ever witnessed by a fair amount of people.

Still feels a bit of a let down really, sat on my home on my own being not really sure what to do. Ended up driving down to the ground with a mate which was good, but a bit muted considering I just wanted to let lose and have a few beers but couldn't. Still annoys me that with all our league wins I never got to celebrate the moment with the players. Winning it at home after playing would have been that much sweater.

The Everton game was magical though.

Personally I really feel like I missed out on something, I've been at Watford when Muzzy scored to get us in the play-offs, 6 or 7 thousand behind the goal, stoke that year, all the play-off finals, bolton when we sealed the title, saw nearly all the great escape run in, and witnessed a hell of a lot of last season.

But to this day, sealing promotion off the pitch after beating sheff weds on a Friday night, and Witnessing us win the title thanks to another result, really make me feel like we missed out on the chance to have a proper full on pitch invasion with raw emotion, like the Oxford game all those years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I would never want to take away last season, but I'd have loved to see us get the 3 points at Old Trafford to do it ourselves, and although the Everton game was so special and I know my nerves would have been shot had we needed a Win then or at Stamford Bridge I wish we could have done it infront of all or at least some of our fans.

I watched it at home with a few friends, and as they jumped in a car and headed to the ground, I picked up the phone and called my godfather, who 1st took me to the hawthorns all those years ago to watch Leicester City, and after 26 years or so of ups and downs, we both sat in almost silence it's still hard to believe we created a story line that will last for ever. And meant I saw Leicester City, play competitive games v the likes, of Madrid, Sevilla, Porto, unreal, I want more of that.

Went to Old Trafford with my lad and hoped we'd clinch it there. By half time against Chelsea my son went to bed and I more or less switched off in anger. Once they scored I got him out of bed and we watched the rest. As soon as that whistle went I said to him get dressed were going to the ground. He was 9 and he found it amazing to see the joy and craziness. Loved being covered in champagne and beer being fizzed up by everyone there. Took my daughters who aren't into football and they just found it weird but funny. Didn't care about him having school. When would this ever happen again. We were probably in the first 100 or so there and the roads weee gridlocked as we left. Brilliant shared memory

Strangely enough, I was working on a rig off the coast of Gabon. Had to live on a separate accommodation barge and managed to watch the Spurs v Chelsea game with French commentary on the only TV on there. I was treated like a celebrity among the Gabonese blokes on the rig after that match lol

Was in a pub in Mulranny, west coast of Ireland. Unbelievably, there was also a family of (part time) Spurs fans there too.  I say part time because of their polite cheers as they went 2 up.  They were stunned when Hazard scored, and by the way I was shouting.  Had tears in my eyes as I bought a bottle of champagne; walked home to find my wife had a bottle on ice already, and a celebration cake.      

I just watched it at my local as we did the game at Old Trafford 2 days before. 

Like everyone, we were deflated at 2-0 and some people walked off to play pool and all of a sudden Gary Cahill made it entertaining again. My mate was having a piss as Hazard bent it in. He couldn't do his flies up quick enough lol . At full time I just stood there with my hands on my head and then shed a tear as our name was in gold. A fair few went down to the KP and I kind of regret not going, but there was a lot of drink driving that night! The pub was still elated and there were shots flowing. I ended up doing forward rolls up the Kingway on the walk back home and watched the last 30 mins back on Sky+. Could not sleep that night. 

It's strange, because I kind of wish we won it against Everton, but then you wouldn't have had all the pre-match stuff with Bocelli and basically just one big party. Leicester as a city had 3, with the night we won it, the day we lifted the trophy and the day of the parade. I'd love to relive April/May of last year. Magical. 

Tinged with sadness....

I was alone celebrating, that whole period the happiest period in my footballing life.going crazy and not being able

to loose my head with family. Running on the street, shouting out Champions..sort of gets lost when in a small

German village...The local  dogs got excited barking on a delayed effect through the village.Couple of local cats

taking one look and scarpering.

Couldnt phone anybody..My son at his home, was having work exams the next day,1 daughter pregnant so sleeping,

Middle daughter away from home, on the Razz for other reasons, my youngest daughter looking after her own

kid who had been ill for a few days.

After all those years, just wanting to explode, but having to just enjoy my own moments, bottle of Sekt, shots of

cognac, watching the various UK-tv reports and interviews, upto the early hrs.

Wanting to get back to the UK for obvious celebrations, airfares...for that period was just far too expensive

So no street, pub, game, aftermath, nor victory parade celebrations.....it hurt, the pain of missing that period

still smarts.

Strangely enough over this last year, met a few city expats, who had the same problem....

Obviously a few days later celebrated with my son, but very low key.

over all those years watching their dad go bonkers over England games, Leicester occasional small triumphs, but

nobody around for the biggest of days....

Though they ,especially my Son  were with me during the great Tigers moments...

Heyho.....still wouldnt have wanted to miss the tv,..... pundits, experts, teams, Ranieris, various ex-players interviews,

Just a great day-week-month-year...unfortunately tinged  with regrets, and a low feeling I still missed out.

I am seeing my son this weekend so, memories and discussion over the last year, will be high on the agenda.

So to you all, enjoy this special Champions-celebrations day, remember well what you had, seen and shared

through that fortnight of celebrations.....:scarf:

Even after all that I refuse to become a grumpy old man...:rolleyes:...:trumpet:

I decided against the pub as I had a bad case of the number 2s lol

As soon as that Hazard goal went in I just knew that Spurs were finished. You could see that they had a total mental collapse in that half, they had nothing left to give.

I knew we'd won it but it was so odd sitting there feeling like I couldn't celebrate until the whistle went.

After me and my family had a pile on at the end I just stood in front of the TV watching sky put the table up and the headline of Leicester win Premier League or whatever it was, and I just had my hands on my head with this very strange feeling of nervous shock.

I still don't think it's sunk in!

I was in an Irish bar in Monaco for the Chelsea-Spurs game. I was the only City fan, and there were a couple of Spurs fans, and a big group of Chelsea fans. At full time I fell to my knees and got piled on by half the bar. Still got my copy of L'Equipe from the next day as well lol

"Jolie a la rue de Leicester" I think with photos from the Market Tavern on the front page!

Archived