Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

May 2nd 2016

Tomorrow a year ago it was night none of us will ever forget. 

Go ahead please use this thread to reminisce about that special night.

For me I had chosen against meeting up with most of the lads I go to games with in Leicester. I also opted to not watch it with anyother Sheffield Foxes either, instead opting to take in a potentially wondrous ocasion on my own.

In the end my girlfriend joined me at a pub in Hillsborough. The place was willing a Chelsea win all except for a lone Spurs fan. At 2.2 I was a rocking mess and looking in danger of hyperventilating. Full time and I went bannans, tears then flowed and I had to be practically carried home in sobbing extacsty.

That night I sat bashing champaigne back watching the news, twitter and facebook just trying to take it all in.

A night we will never see the likes of again. 

Following day I went to work in full kit, no shame and a round of applause ensued.

IMG_2149.JPG

2 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Tomorrow a year ago it was night none of us will ever forget. 

Go ahead please use this thread to reminisce about that special night.

For me I had chosen against meeting up with most of the lads I go to games with in Leicester. I also opted to not watch it with anyother Sheffield Foxes either, instead opting to take in a potentially wondrous ocasion on my own.

In the end my girlfriend joined me at a pub in Hillsborugh. The place was willing a Chelsea win all except for a lone Spurs fan. At 2.2 I was a rocking mess and looking in danger of hyperventilating. Full time and I went bannans, tears then flowed and I had to be practically carried home in sobbing extacsty.

That night I sat bashing champaigne back watching the news, twitter and facebook just trying to take it all in.

A night we will never see the likes of again. 

Following day I went to work in full kit, no shame and a round of applause ensued.

IMG_2149.JPG

I'll just get my diary out and check what I was doing ....    

My brother and his girlfriend came around mine and when Hazard scored we just jumped all over each other and the cheers were deafening. I spent the whole evening by myself drinking, singing Leicester songs and fell asleep on the sofa and woke up with my dog just standing over me. I really wish that I made more of that night. 

Just now, BenTheFox said:

My brother and his girlfriend came around mine and when Hazard scored we just jumped all over each other and the cheers were deafening. I spent the whole evening by myself drinking, singing Leicester songs and fell asleep on the sofa and woke up with my dog just standing over me. I really wish that I made more of that night. 

Another dog with a story to tell (look carefully):

Came home from work. Turned on the tele watched the match and jizzed in my pants about 90 times at once when hazard scored that thunder cvnt. When i came too, it was nonstop screaming (like a little girl). My 3 year old son was jumping around singing "were gunna win da league". My wife im sure was pissing herself laughing at us. Was "whats-apping" with my brothers as we were all in shock at what we had just witnessed. A dream never ever did we think would turn into a reality in our lifetime with the modern game. Wont ever forget it.

Have been to Spain. Saw the whole match and Tottenham made so many bad things and Clattenburg was so bad as referee, was unable to stop them.
And then came Hazard running towards the goal of Tottenham and with very good shot he made it.
Wonderful.

I was in the middle of a trip of a lifetime, having spent 4 months living in Cape Town I was up in Botswana visiting family, who had no real understanding of football or the magnitude of what we were about to achieve. So that night everyone had already gone to bed and I was all alone. At 2-0 I was resigned to waiting till Saturday. Then the second half came - perhaps the dirtiest game of football I can ever remember and then Chelsea scored twice - the next 7 minutes were just as tense as the full 90 at Old Trafford the day before. I couldn't sit down, I couldn't stand up, I couldn't watch, I couldn't do anything because my hands were shaking so much. 

Then the final whistle went. Completely insane. It had happened. I went outside, trying not to wake anyone up, let out a scream of joy, then went back in to confirm it had happened. I Skyped my dad - we were both in tears, the only time I'd seen him cry was when his dad died. Then the laptop came out and I switched to the news, tuned in to Radio Leicester - I had to consume absolutely everything. I even rang up the radio and they put me on immediately! 

It was all so surreal - my City was being celebrated all around the world and I was a million miles from it. The one time I actually wanted to be at home and I couldn't!  Out came the whiskey, and that's all I remember from that night (similar to Trophy day - large pockets of that night are still missing and I still have the scars to prove it). What I do remember is being up till at least 4, then waking up early the next day to switch the news on and consume it all again. 

Still cant believe it. 

Leicester City - Champions of England. 

I was on night 2 of a 2 week holiday in Vietnam. Was on an overnight boat in Ha Long Bay, Vietnam with very intermittent reception on my phone for calls but no internet access on my phone or onboard.

Managed to send a text through to my dad prior to the match to ask for the result once it was over. Went to bed and woke up at 4am local time (10pm UK time) and must have stayed up for about an hour waiting for the boat to passed through some sort of reception area but had no signal to receive or send anything so went back to sleep.

Woke up at 6.30am and the boat must have gone through an area with reception as I had a good few texts so knew we had done it before I even opened any. When I read my Dad's text to say it was 2-2, it wasnt until a few days later I realised quite how crazy the Chelsea Spurs game was.

Brilliant way to start an awesome holiday!

Watched in my flat. Had tried not to think about the game all day but when Tottenham went 2-0 I felt absolutely deflated.

When Hazard scored I went mental and the last ten minutes were just surreal, counting down to us becoming Champions. When the final whistle went I was bombarded with texts and emails from friends and family all over the World who'd been watching. That's what made it really special for me. Some messages were from people I hadn't seen in years.

The next morning I went and bought a paper and sat outside drinking a coffee and reading about the triumph.

Spent it alone at home, just stood there silent when the final whistle went out of sheer bemusement. I didn't scream, shout, cry. Just stood there, silent. It was like a moment of reflection. I knew it was going to happen but my God, had it really just happened?

Drove down to the ground to enjoy the celebrations, still finding it all quite surreal.

Got back home about midnight and kept the promise I'd made in January to my other half for if we won the title and duly proposed.

(Spent the next three weeks archiving the shit out of the TV coverage, I'm spending today looking through and savouring all the clips!)

I was at work, my old job. When Spurs went 2-0 up I just thought oh well. Chelsea get one back and there's a slight hope. Phone then starts ringing. (Bare in mind I'm not watching) loads of shouting down the phone. Chelsea have scored. I lose my head, start shouting and running round the home, t-shirt off and swinging it round my head. No one to really celebrate with. Shift finishes, I'm in a taxi home to barrow. Everyone at home can't believe it! The bollinger gets opened and then we head to the pub for a drink! The pub was closing so we decided to head down to the ground and join in with celebrations down there. Phenomenal scenes. 

What was the date again? 

Might have been watching Attenborough on the Geographical channel , there were some thick baboons on the TV still struggling to believe or accept what had evolved and unable to contain their true disappointment that "Little Leicester" had done it! That's Souness, Carragher and sicknote Redknap for ya . 

A year ago today I was captured by Sky standing on my seat singing "we are top of the league" at Manchester United away. 

Unreal what has happened in that year.

Watched the Chelsea v Spurs game at home. Some might say boring but I watched it with me dad and without him I wouldn't even be following Leicester. We got beers out once the final whistle went. Lovely. 

Even at 2-0 down knew Spurs would give em a chance. 2nd goal went in everything else is a blur. Watched Sky sports all night when I came to my senses, watched it even though the same news kept coming on as could not get enough of them saying we were champions.

love this club.

I was watching it at the Soar Point with a few mates, it was quite busy but not completely rammed as you'd expect. When Spurs were 2-0 up at half time @The soup nazi went home hahaha and the sense of disappointment was palpable. The overriding feeling was that we'll just have to do it against Everton on Sunday but then Cahill pulled one back and the hope and excitement came flooding back. 

I had a look at Skybet as I fancied Hazard to score next almost as if it was a calling or something, unfortunately I only put £1.50 on it but it returned about £25 anyway :D

As Hazard received the ball after some nice link up play and swung it in to the top corner I completely lost it, I just jumped up and down all the way through the Soar point, saw Matt Reeves and Dave Rennie and I jumped on them and hugged them too, as carnage ensued everywhere else.

Finally, it settled down just a tad and the whistle went, they immediately showed the table after the game and there it was, in gold,

"C 1. Leicester City"

and that's the best feeling I've ever experienced, euphoria, joy, relief and whatever else. Thank you Leicester and thank you Dad for getting me to support us.

Went down to my local with all the lads I go with. 2-0 down we were saying ah well we'll win it at home on the saturday. When it went to 2-2 the pub just erupted, beer spilling everywhere, tables knocked over. 

At the final whistle I'll admit I shed a few tears, I'm not normally someone who gets emotional but it only seems to be things LCFC related that brings me to tears. 

My parents were on holiday in Spain so I text my dad thanking him for taking me down as a 5 year old and being the one who started my love for Leicester City. 

I feel sorry for people who claim to be Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal fans. They will never ever experience the feeling that we had that night and for the following week. 

I was thinking yesterday too that this season has been incredible despite how shit we've been for most of it. The champion's league has been amazing and something that seemed so distant from us as a club.

I think I spent the entire day trying not to think about the Chelsea v Spurs game, and failed miserably. Made my way down to the Friary for the game absolutely bricking it.

At 2-0 I was a bit gutted, but after Spurs drew to West Brom it became a matter of when, not if, for me - so I wasn't too downhearted. Cahill scores, pub goes mad, and I'm now thinking it would be great to get this done tonight. Hazard sticks it in, and I lost it completely. I don't really remember how I was feeling for the remainder of the game, although I'm reliably informed I was nervous wreck.

FT - We all go mental, everyone spills out on the street, and we're out there singing for half an hour. My phone is going crazy with calls and texts at this point, I give in replying. My mate tells me there's a huge crowd building at the ground, and we decide to go down. On the way down it feels like the whole city is out celebrating. Car horns, flags, singing all the way down, the lot. It was equally as great at the ground, singing all night long, I'm loving every minute.

It's got to 1 in the morning, and I'd realised I'd forgotten about an assessment I had the next day that I couldn't miss. Absolutely shattered, I had to call it a day, and set off back home still on a high. Bumped in to Serge on the way back too, off his face and going mad with anyone that bumped in to him. What a top bloke.

Got back to my place and I couldn't sleep. Like a kid, I was on too much of a high. I kept checking my phone to catch up what had been going on. I fell asleep at some point and got up around 11am, having forgot to set an alarm to get up for my 9am assessment... Still bouncing, a bit hungover, and now feeling guilty, I went to write an email to my tutor apologising for missing my assessment and pleading for another chance. At which point I see an email from him (he's a big Newcastle fan too) saying congratulations, and that he cancelled my slot, so I could have another chance in the following week! Hero.

I'd wanted to win ourselves at the King Power, but I wouldn't have it any other way now. All in all, an abso-bloody-lutely brilliant night. Best night of my life.

b97e215fdc2efdf4279c63ee625af2f5.jpg

I was at the Kennedy Space Center! On the flight out the previous day they radioed UK airspace to find out the Man U result (I was on a plane from Manchester so there were groans all around me when it was announced as a draw, but I was annoyed for a different reason).

In the afternoon on the Monday I started hearing murmurings around the KSC and my friend asked if I wanted to know. When we got back to the hotel it was wall-to-wall coverage. As I was walking along International Drive that evening wearing my LCFC shirt  I had people hanging out of their cars yelling congratulations. It was absolutely surreal.

The trophy presentation was on my birthday. Being in Florida, watching LCFC lift that trophy, was one of the strangest things I've ever experienced.

Couldn't watch the game so I went to the gym. Got back home when Spurs were still 2 up, decided to call parents at 2-1 and then stayed on the phone until we won. The rest was a blur but I was up nearly all night reading about the reactions. Many a tear was shed. 

I watch the Chelsea game at home having wanted to go to the pub near the ground but my mum wanted to watch it so stayed here.

On full time I drove to the ground with my friend and experienced scenes I never thought possible. Welling up now just thinking about it.

That night triggered the best 10 days of my life and I don't think they will ever be beaten.

I drove about 100 miles around Leicestershire and neighbouring counties. Never been good with nerves regarding City so couldn't bare to watch the Chelsea - Spurs game. Switched the radio on as I got close to home thinking i'd left enough time for the match to have now finished and the commentator said 2-2 with 4 minutes left. About hyperventilating managed to drive back home and parked on the drive before my missis opened the living room window screaming we'd done it. 

Archived