Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Manchester City (Away) Pre-Match Thread

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

Depends what you think is the first 11.Seem to have done pretty well recently without Morgan,seemed to do pretty well in the reverse fixture when it was not the first 11. Need I go on.

I think you are looking for an argument? 

Wes has been shit for 80% of the season so that's not an issue. 

Check out results with the likes of King and Amartey in midfield - as an example - as a whole and that should highlight the obvious point I was making.

We don't have a strong / bench squad which I would have thought was common knowledge.

Or are you saying the reserves / bench are better than the lads that have started in the last 2 months?

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I think you are looking for an argument? 

Wes has been shit for 80% of the season so that's not an issue. 

Check out results with the likes of King and Amartey in midfield, which should highlight the obvious point I was making.

We don't have a strong / bench squad which I would have thought was common knowledge? 

We beat Man City.....

2 hours ago, OllieLodge96 said:

If we are to go with 4-4-2 he'd be in

I just don't see him in this formation

Mmmm.. I think that as we are missing regular players, now isn't the time to try a new formation.  Only my opinion mind you.  It's going to be tough no matter what team Shakey goes with.

15 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think that would be a mistake given his next to non existent fitness & form. Surely a dubious, but more fit Amartey would be a better gamble?

I think that it would be a mistake as well, but I've noticed that on match weeks before he gets into the side or on the bench that he posts a picture of training or some other on-pitch LCFC photograph on his Instagram. There was a training photograph posted this morning. Probably meaningless, but possibly not.

22 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think that would be a mistake given his next to non existent fitness & form. Surely a dubious, but more fit Amartey would be a better gamble?

I'd take Amartey as CB or play with a back three rather than let Wasyl against Jesus, Sané, De Bruyne or Silva.

Would take a 1-1 draw for this...but prefer all 3 points. This is likely to be Mahrez's last away game for us, I hope he can provide us with a world class performance in the style that we know he can.

Amartey to me looks so awkward and uncomfortable on the ball and Wasyl is a bull in a china shop. Both poor options IMO. The trouble here is we have little to no depth in nearly every position....our hope will be Man C showing no respect again for Vardy and he gets in behind their back line...and for playing 3 at the back.....Palace I believe played 3 at the back Vs Man C and were destroyed 5-0 after previously playing well against most opponents.

Calling for a 2-2 draw with fingers and toes crossed

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:30, AjcW said:

Fuchs is having a few days in New York so not sure if perhaps we've given him Saturday off or it's just a flying family visit. 

It would have to be a flying visit. Too slow by boat.

35 minutes ago, biggs said:

Amartey to me looks so awkward and uncomfortable on the ball and Wasyl is a bull in a china shop. Both poor options IMO. The trouble here is we have little to no depth in nearly every position....our hope will be Man C showing no respect again for Vardy and he gets in behind their back line...and for playing 3 at the back.....Palace I believe played 3 at the back Vs Man C and were destroyed 5-0 after previously playing well against most opponents.

Calling for a 2-2 draw with fingers and toes crossed

Imagine how awkward Huth or Morgan would look if asked to play RB or CM. I really would like to see Amartey given a chance at centre back. To be honest I think he either nails down that position or he doesn't really have a place in the team

1 hour ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Maybe would be nice for Was to have a final send off as surely this is his last season with us. I don't care what any of you miserable bastards say he has been a great player for us

I wouldn't go as far as "Great" but I do think the Bournemouth game as a cameo 10-15 minutes would be "Great" for him

As long as he manages not to give away a free kick in the very last minute of course   :thumbup:

Memories of the misery still haunt me

17 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

I wouldn't go as far as "Great" but I do think the Bournemouth game as a cameo 10-15 minutes would be "Great" for him

As long as he manages not to give away a free kick in the very last minute of course   :thumbup:

Memories of the misery still haunt me

Maybe not great when compared to the likes of Vardy, Kasper etc.

But he came in for Liam Moore in the championship season, and in the Premier League survival season and solidified our defense. If that didn't happen then who knows where we would be. He has had more of an impact than most give him credit for and I hope he does get some sort of send off

20 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Leicester 11/1 to win today. Now I'm not saying it's a dead cert, but 11/1? Crikey!!! 

We don't have a spine infront of the keeper and behind the striker. They need to win to make top four. We are safe. I would say 11/1 is a bit miserable! 

15 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Imagine how awkward Huth or Morgan would look if asked to play RB or CM. I really would like to see Amartey given a chance at centre back. To be honest I think he either nails down that position or he doesn't really have a place in the team

I've been thinking this for a while also. Realistically, if we are to progress, the midfield is an area we must address. Drink water and Ndidi aside plus James and Mendy in the let's hope for the best box, King and Amartey are just not good enough in that position, however much we might like them. Amartey won an award in an admittedly poor Afcon competition so we need to see how he can perform or consider an alternative. 

The same applies to Musa and Kaputchska. Gray needs to gain some valuable game time for the experience prior to him being dropped into Riyhads position next year. This is unless decisions have already been made.

We're safe now and need to look to next year. Shakespeare is possibly targeting wins to land himself the job but there is a bigger picture. In the absence of our main cbs, we do have enough for a decent 3 with Chilwell and Albrighton as wing backs in Fuchsia,  Benalouane and Amartey. We can afford to experiment for the sake of the future.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We don't have a spine infront of the keeper and behind the striker. They need to win to make top four. We are safe. I would say 11/1 is a bit miserable! 

Just put 10 euros on at 12/1 over here in Cyprus

Archived