Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Manchester City (Away) Pre-Match Thread

39 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I thought Amartey was supposed to be a centre back and was named in the team of the tournament in that position. If that's the case why are we not playing him there.

apparently Leicester City are right and every other team he has ever played for is wrong

Fuchs trained.

lc8093-002280-3713582_478x359.JPG

So did definitely, definitely ineligible Barnes! (although the u23s have been training with the first time for a while I think)

lc8093-053280-3713623_478x359.JPG

So both Morgan and Huth are injured? Play Benny and Amartey. We could try Was but then I'd rather test out Amartey as a centre back.

Or do wing backs with a back three of Simpson, Benny and Fuchs.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Fuchs trained.

So did definitely, definitely ineligible Barnes! (although the u23s have been training with the first time for a while I think)

So both Morgan and Huth are injured? Play Benny and Amartey. We could try Was but then I'd rather test out Amartey as a centre back.

Elliott Moore trained with the first team I think, he's massive btw, must be at least 6ft 5

Stat time 

• Man City have won only two of their last seven Premier League meetings with the Foxes (D2 L3).
  • Leicester have won their last two league games against the Citizens, scoring at least three goals each time (3-1 in February 2016 and 4-2 in December 2016) – the Foxes haven’t won three in a row against City for 50 years (March 1967).
  • The Foxes have won five of their last six top-flight visits to Manchester City (L1), their only defeat in this run a 0-2 reverse in March 2015 under Nigel Pearson.
  • Manchester City have won their last four home Premier League games against reigning champions – each of the last two were by a three-goal margin (4-1 v Manchester United in September 2013 and 3-0 v Chelsea in August 2015).
  • Pep Guardiola’s side have lost just once at home this season in the Premier League, though have drawn seven times (W9 D7 L1).
  • Jamie Vardy has scored seven times in his last 10 Premier League games, after just five in his first 22 this campaign.
  • Vardy’s only Premier League hat-trick came in the reverse fixture against Manchester City in December.
  • Sergio Aguero needs two more goals to reach 20 in the Premier League this season. If he manages this, he’ll be the fifth player to score 20+ goals in three consecutive seasons after Alan Shearer (four seasons), Thierry Henry (five seasons), Ruud van Nistelrooy and Harry Kane.
  • Craig Shakespeare has won seven of his first 10 Premier League games in charge of Leicester (W7 D1 L2), two more than Claudio Ranieri managed in his first 10 (W5 D4 L1).
  • Kevin De Bruyne has assisted six goals in his last seven Premier League matches, including two last time out against Crystal Palace.
  • The Foxes are looking to record back-to-back away wins for the first time this season, last doing so on their way to the title in April 2016 (three in a row).

16 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Would be surprised if it's not this:

Schmeichel 

Simpson Benalouane Fuchs Chilwell

Mahrez King Ndidi Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Praying we don't concede any set pieces, smallest team in premier league history!

or maybe 5-4-1

Schmeichel

Simpson, Amartey, Benny, Fuchs, Chilwell

Mahrez, King, Ndidi, Albrighton

Vardy

I know Simpson isn't a RWB, but lets be honest we won't be doing a lot of attacking anyway. Mahrez/King/Albrighton will still get chances to push forward and assist Vardy on the counter.

Wasilewski could start instead of Amartey if Shakespeare doesn't trust the latter at CB.

11 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Fuchs trained.

Re: Amartey.

Yes do this please as it means he won't be played in midfield.

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Agreed.

Anytime there is a deviation from 'the first 11' it seems to ensure a loss.

And there is a reason for that.

Depends what you think is the first 11.Seem to have done pretty well recently without Morgan,seemed to do pretty well in the reverse fixture when it was not the first 11. Need I go on.

The Great Dane

Simpson Benny Fuchs

Albrighton   Ndidi   King      Gray

Mahrez

Slim  

Vardy

It'll be a commendable achievement if Shaky gets anything out of our trip Manchester in the circumstances but it will be fascinating to see how he tries.

We have some decent options and perhaps we'll see something positive emerge.   

3-5-2

----------------------Schmeichel---------------------

--------Amartey------Benny-------Fuchs----------

Albrighton-----------------------------------Chilwell

--------------------Ndidi-------King-------------------

--------------------------Mahrez-----------------------

--------------------Vardy----Slimani------------------

would have liked to have seen James and Barnes on the bench

38 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

3-5-2

----------------------Schmeichel---------------------

--------Amartey------Benny-------Fuchs----------

Albrighton-----------------------------------Chilwell

--------------------Ndidi-------King-------------------

--------------------------Mahrez-----------------------

--------------------Vardy----Slimani------------------

would have liked to have seen James and Barnes on the bench

I'm surprised you'd leave out Simpson.  We're missing two of our best defenders and you then take out a third?  

25 minutes ago, Vince Vega said:

I'm surprised you'd leave out Simpson.  We're missing two of our best defenders and you then take out a third?  

If we are to go with 4-4-2 he'd be in

I just don't see him in this formation

Archived