Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Ode to Spurs

42 minutes ago, murphy said:

But were you even born?

That is one of the things with Spurs, yes I know Spurs are much bigger than Leicester but they truly believe they are one of the elite.  Sadly they don't have the trophy cabinet to back this up.  

I never claimed we were an elite club. We are no where near a Liverpool, United or as much as it pains me even an Arsenal in terms of trophies. But we are one of the traditional big sides in English football. And it's all well and good getting the p*ss taken out of us, but it's funny coming from Leicester who up til now were never even part of the picture in terms of competing near the top. 

It's a massive deal you won the league. I'm jealous. I'm hoping we can not only emulate it but go on to win a few more than just a one off title. 

33 minutes ago, spurs1980 said:

I never claimed we were an elite club. We are no where near a Liverpool, United or as much as it pains me even an Arsenal in terms of trophies. But we are one of the traditional big sides in English football. And it's all well and good getting the p*ss taken out of us, but it's funny coming from Leicester who up til now were never even part of the picture in terms of competing near the top. 

It's a massive deal you won the league. I'm jealous. I'm hoping we can not only emulate it but go on to win a few more than just a one off title. 

No, you didn't, but I am saying that Spurs fans in general have delusions of grandeur that they cannot back up historically speaking.

As for it coming from Leicester fans, I am not for a minute saying that we are among the big boys just because of one season and we can't come close to Spurs on trophies won, I'm just saying just that Spurs fans generally seem to believe they are some kind of colossus of English football.  It's just an observation.  It doesn't matter if it's a Leicester fan, a Watford fan or a Yeovil Town fan saying it.

All I can say to you Spurs1980, is just don't take it personally, you seem like a decent chap, but there does seem to be a lot of us that just can't stand Spurs, justified or not.  For me I can't quite put my finger on it but it goes back much further than last year and I'm as surprised as you are that so many of us feel the same.

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

No, you didn't, but I am saying that Spurs fans in general have delusions of grandeur that they cannot back up historically speaking.

As for it coming from Leicester fans, I am not for a minute saying that we are among the big boys just because of one season and we can't come close to Spurs on trophies won, I'm just saying just that Spurs fans generally seem to believe they are some kind of colossus of English football.  It's just an observation.  It doesn't matter if it's a Leicester fan, a Watford fan or a Yeovil Town fan saying it.

All I can say to you Spurs1980, is just don't take it personally, you seem like a decent chap, but there does seem to be a lot of us that just can't stand Spurs, justified or not.  For me I can't quite put my finger on it but it goes back much further than last year and I'm as surprised as you are that so many of us feel the same.

I certainly don't take any of this personally :D

That's fair enough. It's not just you, we are disliked by Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Leicester, Liverpool... etc... And it's definitely not because you are jealous of our success and trophies lol. For me. I'm guessing most of you have had the displeasure of meeting the worst of us. The Spurs fans I know, are very humble and we are never able to feel cocky in the slightest. I'm incredibly proud of the direction my club is going in right now. Pochettino is an incredible manager for what he has achieved with what was becoming a mediocre club struggling with their identity. Long may he continue and really give us something to be cocky about!

All the best fellas.

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 12:12, spurs1980 said:

Fair enough if that's how you feel. I would imagine there were a lot of bitter Spurs fans last season. For Leicester to come out of nowhere to win the title was perhaps a bitter pill to swallow after finally finishing above the other big sides in the league. 

Addressing a couple of points, the 11 point gap wasn't really a true reflection as I believe we threw away the last 2 games as the title was gone. In my opinion this was massively frustrating and hugely unprofessional. Leicester won the league fair and square. No one can take that away from you. But at the time and I remember it well, it did feel like the whole country were willing you to win the league (as I would have, had we not been the last team to have been able to stop you from doing so). It felt unjust at the time as in our minds at least, teams were rolling over toward the end. (I remember Guidolin saying 5 mins before a game how much he hoped Leicester would win the title before they got spanked). 

Again in terms of playing better football, that's hugely subjective. Personally I didn't like the brand of football Leicester played however you had to admire it. Like Atletico Madrid, you were massively successful playing counter attacking football (I understand that approach changed halfway through the year as early on you guys were great going forward and playing some cracking football). 

I am in danger of sounding bitter again so I will choose to say this. I remember logging on after you were crowned champions congratulating Leicester for what was an historic achievement. I also said I was incredibly jealous and envious of what you as fans got to achieve. I really do hope we do win the title one day to experience what you guys felt. 

It was an absolute myth teams were rolling over for us, the amount of hard fought 1-0 wins we had to literally drag ourselves over the line for cannot be dismissed. The media started to turn on us saying we'd been found out and were starting to struggle. It was you boys who were rolling teams over from Feb through to May. I can see the frustration though, there'd be a large proportion of our fans had done the same. You'd waited years and years for your chance at a title shot and then the time you get it, you come up against an even bigger underdog who seemed immune to pressure and played a style of football that purists sneer at. We are a scruffy team, full of mavericks and it must have been hard to accept, that's why I've no real ill feeling over you lot now the dust has settled. You've also improved this season but just fallen short again, I've no reason to believe you won't go close again next season unless there's a breakup of the squad and management which is probably unlikely.

I do remember you were gracious last season, fair play to you for that.

4 hours ago, spurs1980 said:

I certainly don't take any of this personally :D

That's fair enough. It's not just you, we are disliked by Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Leicester, Liverpool... etc... And it's definitely not because you are jealous of our success and trophies lol. For me. I'm guessing most of you have had the displeasure of meeting the worst of us. The Spurs fans I know, are very humble and we are never able to feel cocky in the slightest. I'm incredibly proud of the direction my club is going in right now. Pochettino is an incredible manager for what he has achieved with what was becoming a mediocre club struggling with their identity. Long may he continue and really give us something to be cocky about!

All the best fellas.

You dont have to qualify yourself on here.

Some fans no matter where they come from love to big up their team.

I now couldnt care a monkey fleas sparrow, if we Win another title, So long as we can have stable top of the table runs, small golden periods and enjoy good soccer banter, when meeting fans from other clubs.. I have no reason to see from either silly Spitefull comparison remarks, from either side (I dont think you do). Like other posts, misunderstandings and screwed perspectives can soon develope.I for one will be the last to witchfinder general you from the forum..

I wouldbe more than happy, to see foxes and Spurs, have a few rumbles over the next few years.I hope Spurs Do  not disband This 

Top squad players they have....

They can sell to us..:D

On 5/15/2017 at 10:16, spurs1980 said:

Why are Spurs so detested by Leicester exactly? I don't understand this. You even beat us to the title last year comfortably in the end. At what moment did you guys decide that Spurs were all of a sudden scum? 

ill be honest shall i throughout my life its been leicester number 1 ,tottenham 2 and peterborough 3rd 

archibald,ardiles,villa,hoddle,sherignham  used to love these guys and the style of play then it happened 

HARRY KANE BECAME A FULL TIME SPURS PLAYER 

i fecking detest this bloke i hated him at leicester and hate him at spurs just something about him loves a dive ! and you just know hes the sort of bloke that would go to his birds house and meet the mother in law being all nice and shy and proper.  Then the minute his bird has popped to the shops hes bent dear old mother in law over the kitchen table with a huge grin on his face and sweat dripping down that 12ft hooter

i know its not normal but i have never met the guy or want to but i just detest him as a person and deli ali is not far off 

if those 2 leave in the summer then ill start watching spurs again and wish them well 

:) 

36 minutes ago, dayday said:

Says it all really, haven't won the title for well over 50 years, and they have the arrogance to call us small.

Just had a look myself what a bunch of egotistical self righteous bunch of 

WAN KERS !!

Why the hell are some on here getting wound up by what's said on the floppy cock? It's literally an echo chamber of "cvnt" and "we play the best football" filled with the dregs of London. 

I can guarantee they care more about losing a title to us than we care about getting called a tin pot club. You can have as many top four finishes as you want, it won't ever equal winning the league with a squad that cost about the same as Fellaini. lol

14 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Just had a look myself what a bunch of egotistical self righteous bunch of 

WAN KERS !!

They are going to look stupid when the mighty spuds away end is half empty

They bought more than you

YEOVIL TOWN

4 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I hope it's a close game and Vards scores a winner straight from a Kasper kick in front of their end. That'll fvck them right off.

Well one of the Muppets on that limp cock site recons they'll beat us 0-10

oh from the minds of children Spuds keyboard warriors!!

???????????????

Don't you just love it when they constantly bottle it when the going gets tough.. Liverpool demolish a very poor West Ham side 4-0 at The London Stadium so what do The Bottlers do?... 

They go there and.... 

You've guessed it!... 

BOTTLE IT! 

Limp little Cocks. 

IMG-20170506-WA0002.jpg

Archived