Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Orrere

Boro fan here - What's your thoughts on Pearson?

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Great manager at championship level. Has a very good approach to sports science so Boro players would probably be the fittest in the league. Good at shifting out crap.

Downsides are he is a poor tactician and mentally unstable. 

this.

I would add that he gets rid or egos and brings in hardworking players...  I never though you could win without "race horses" - but he proved me wrong.  He will get you back to where you want to be.  Hire him.

4 hours ago, Orrere said:

Strong rumours that he's getting the job here but none of us can really work the guy out, so wondered what Leicester fans thoughts are of him since you've seen both sides of him.

from the outside looking in he romped the championship with a well built squad and there was talk of great team spirit etc.

then it all went to pot before he pulled it out the bag again.

so what are your thoughts from his time at Leicester? How does he play? What's his relationship like with the players? What where his worst attributes?

thanks!

Mad fecker 

best days are gone as far as coaching in premier league 

but very good at championship level 

As many have said on here, his main weakness is his inability to make the correct tactical decisions in games or to make these quickly enough.  He often leaves things until 75 minutes.

In the Championship though, I don't think this really matters.  What matters there is having an organised, well drilled, fit outfit of players and you will roll over most teams in that league with that.

For Championship level football, there is noone better than Pearson.

Guest FriendlyRam
2 hours ago, toddybad said:

Your players didn't want to play for him. 

In fairness he got sacked from derby for a very good reason not linked to results. 

Its already been said he likes to have full control,, and our owner was never going to give him that,, in fairness to Pearson he did have morris spying on his training sessions, not to mention undermining him in front of the players. Pearson never stood a chance with us,, and the only way out of this dump of a league (championship) for us is the hope we can do a Watford lol,, rowett is a good chance for us to try a build something though if he's given the chance.

Boro are a more stable club with Gibson.

4 hours ago, Orrere said:

Strong rumours that he's getting the job here but none of us can really work the guy out, so wondered what Leicester fans thoughts are of him since you've seen both sides of him.

from the outside looking in he romped the championship with a well built squad and there was talk of great team spirit etc.

so what are your thoughts from his time at Leicester? How does he play? What's his relationship like with the players? What where his worst attributes?

thanks!

Absolute ****ing nutcase BUT we wouldn't be in the position we are now without him.

He will get you to the play offs minimum and promoted if you give him time. He will also fall out with one some or all of the local press, mouthy fans,opposition players, wild dogs, Gary Lineker etc. It won't be boring!

19 hours ago, Orrere said:

thanks!

He's a legend. Took us from our lowest ebb - first time in the 3rd tier, and left us safe in the PL - 14th place, I think.

His strengths are building strong foundations, man management, motivating and putting together a tight-knit, hard-working team on a shoestring. He's not the best tactically, and his behaviour can be odd at times. He's very defensive with the media, and I think the strange things he did were down to the spotlight and added pressure he was under in the PL. Every example happened in his last season here - his only in the top tier.

It is yet to be seen how he gets on without his assistants, Walsh and Shakespeare, but he can clearly recognise talented coaches and scouts, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him find good backroom staff again. I don't think his stint at Derby is a good example - he wasn't given a chance to put any sort of stamp on the team, and I suspect he was given a group of players who weren't used to knuckling down.

I know you'll get plenty of negative comments about him. A lot of fans are blinded by big names and seem to think a good press conference is more important than results and league position for some reason.

You couldn't really ask for a better Championship manager.

1. He has strong principles, Doesn't suffer Fools or take prisoners. It's his way or the highway. He doesn't trust the Media so you won't get much info as to what's happening until it;s done. Whether it's signings or Club news.
  2. Success won't necessarily be quick but you can guarantee it will come.
  3. The Job he done in signing Vardy, Mahrez and Kante and turning them into Premiership winners was just incredible
  4. . He works players hard but treats them like Men In return when players get to know him they tend to trust and back him 100%.                                        He'd be a great choice and I hope to see you back up in the Prem soon.

7 minutes ago, Orrere said:

Whats the story behind cambiasso?

Just now, Clever Fox said:

It's widely accepted that Cambiaso played a big part in persuading Pearson to change tactics for the final games which we managed to win to stay up.

There was a rumour that Cambiasso "did the tactics" when we stayed up. I'm a huge Pearson fan but he's too stubborn to ever have let that happen.

6 minutes ago, Orrere said:

We were basically relegated and needed snookers. He walked in with a marker pen and white board, Pearson listened and we stopped playing 5 across the back as we had nothing to lose and then went on to win the title. If your still unsure then you don't deserve him.

Plus he brilliant with the media. When they patronise or criticise your team he headbutts them. I bet you've never seen players run and jump and wrap their arms and legs around a manager.

21 minutes ago, Orrere said:

I think your biggest problem is how the man fairs without his support network who are all obviously doing their own thing now not whether it was cambiasso who master minded our survival, worst case scenario he had the good sense to listen to a man who had a wealth of top level experience and it was the right decision. It's when he's left to his own devices the jury is somewhat out.

5 hours ago, Orrere said:

All this poor tactician stuff isn't filling me with confidence haha.

Also our fans seem to associate him with being a bad tempered loose cannon who causes fights in the dressing room etc. Any truth in this?

Players and fans loved him.  No hint of dressing room discord.  

If you do appoint him, I would recommend trying to borrow a copy of 'fearless'.  It is a book about the championship winning year for us, but it does give a really good insight to the work that NP did here laying the foundations.  It makes the point that Ranieri was so impressed with the set up that he took a step back and decided to interfere as little as possible.  Many fans give Pearson as much credit as Claudio for winning the league. 

Recruitment was excellent under him, although I'm not sure how involved he was in that himself.

Legend and the best available for Boro at the moment I would have thought.

Good luck getting back to the prem and can we have Ben Gibson please?

Missed his vocation. Should have been a diplomat at the Ostrichan embassy. Or chairman of the Press Council. Takes a firm grip on most aspects of his football work - mobile phones being an exception - with his stranglehold being particularly effective in containing anything that moves down the wing.       

1 hour ago, FriendlyRam said:

Its already been said he likes to have full control,, and our owner was never going to give him that,, in fairness to Pearson he did have morris spying on his training sessions, not to mention undermining him in front of the players. Pearson never stood a chance with us,, and the only way out of this dump of a league (championship) for us is the hope we can do a Watford lol,, rowett is a good chance for us to try a build something though if he's given the chance.

Boro are a more stable club with Gibson.

Judging from the rumoured players leaving in the summer at Derby, it does appear the penny has dropped. 

If Boro give Nige two seasons, they will be flying. He knows how to build a team and the players will love him. He's very much about personality in his players as much as skill. 

Can be rigid tactically but I think people have written him off regards the PL on that matter as he will have learnt his lesson there.

28 minutes ago, Wookie said:

There was a rumour that Cambiasso "did the tactics" when we stayed up. I'm a huge Pearson fan but he's too stubborn to ever have let that happen.

Just to add for the Boro fan, Pearson is very inclusive with his players. He will ask for them to set up a committee of four players and occasionally they will be welcomed to meetings about tactics etc 

We were only uncertain about him after the story's in the media and what happened at Derby, but at the same time I'd heard about the supposed team spirit at Leicester so it didn't quite fit.

the more I hear about him though the better the idea it's sounding.

also as I said I'm not sure he will have to rebuild anything, the core of the squad is there already, players proven in the championship and sound like the type of players Pearson likes. All he needs to do is add a bit of flair to what we already have.

will be interesting to see what he would do with downing though, if he's sent packing it would confirm a lot of fans suspicions.

I remember in the days when he was talking to RL, in a post match interview another journo tried to butt in on his interview with Stringer and he dropped the F bomb live on Radio Leicester at 5 in the evening...Legend.

1 hour ago, Orrere said:

He will ask for experienced players definietly. When we won the league he had brought in  Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Dean Hammond, Kevin Phillips who were vital off field as well as on field.

Archived