Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tetly

Next manager ( who do you want ).

On 5/26/2017 at 10:04, Thracian said:

This idea that you have to be a "big name" manager to attract "big name" players is nonsense.

Tell the owners cus I've got a feeling thats not what they think.

On 5/26/2017 at 15:57, Happy Fox said:

But MirrorSport understands Shakespeare is still yet to learn whether he has definitely got the job permanently for next season.

They are obviously after someone else otherwise it would have been sorted long long ago.

16 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Tell the owners cus I've got a feeling thats not what they think.

They are obviously after someone else otherwise it would have been sorted long long ago.

Not necessarily - there may well be some difference of opinion relating to the terms.

Seems to me that they're all having a break together, that Shaky is greatly involved with planning for the future, that the owners have no great need to rush their negotiations with everyone being together and that, between and around it all, everyone's having a good time. 

I don't actually get the feeling that nothing#s  being sorted. Rather that lots of things are being discussed and that the owners and Shakespeare want the best outcome.     

15 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Not necessarily - there may well be some difference of opinion relating to the terms.

Seems to me that they're all having a break together, that Shaky is greatly involved with planning for the future, that the owners have no great need to rush their negotiations with everyone being together and that, between and around it all, everyone's having a good time. 

I don't actually get the feeling that nothing#s  being sorted. Rather that lots of things are being discussed and that the owners and Shakespeare want the best outcome.     

Maybe ...   but the ITK last night (ex executive employee) said they were after a 'European manager' (whether that means he's foreign or is currently managing abroad i don't know) ...   but it sort of fits in.   It also sort of fits in with how the Thais view things ...    big name may well attract big names ...   but I'm more worried about keeping what we already have if Shakey doesn't get it.   Can't understand why they don't give him a crack ..   he's earned it and I think he will be a star.     But wtf do i know ! ..  :)

With no main bookmakers doing the 'next Leicester manager odds', unlike they're doing with Palace and Sunderland, reckon it's Shakespeare's but final things are still being sort out.

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

I think Shakey will be a mistake - he is a great 2nd in command and it would be good to keep him at the club but if he takes the top job, he'll be gone by Xmas or thereabouts IMO never to return.

Reckon so, and not at all sure at his ability to sign talent in the summer. 

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Maybe ...   but the ITK last night (ex executive employee) said they were after a 'European manager' (whether that means he's foreign or is currently managing abroad i don't know) ...   but it sort of fits in.   It also sort of fits in with how the Thais view things ...    big name may well attract big names ...   but I'm more worried about keeping what we already have if Shakey doesn't get it.   Can't understand why they don't give him a crack ..   he's earned it and I think he will be a star.     But wtf do i know ! ..  :)

If ITK is right, and I've every respect for his view, then our owners are taking an almighty risk for no reason that i can understand.   

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

You have to factor in the Thais ambition they want us to compete in Europe, either way some news soon would be nice! 

We've already competed in Europe and Shaky played a big part in that, particularly during the closing stages. No reason we can't compete again or that we couldn't have put ourselves in contention this season but for the failings of "big name" Ranieri, in various ways.  

3 hours ago, seenitall said:

I think Shakey will be a mistake - he is a great 2nd in command and it would be good to keep him at the club but if he takes the top job, he'll be gone by Xmas or thereabouts IMO never to return.

What's he done so desperately wrong as a manager in the clearly changing circumstances?  

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

In which case they would be idiots for not having someone immediately lined up. Lose two to three weeks on trying to sign players by coming across as rudderless club. 

Indecision is the worst thing we need right now. 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

In which case they would be idiots for not having someone immediately lined up. Lose two to three weeks on trying to sign players by coming across as rudderless club. 

I don't think they are being indecisive ...    They know what they want.  However ....     I think they are trying to think 'big' and maybe missing the best option which is right under their nose.

45 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Why's that?

He deserves a go as he has the trust and respect of (most of) the players and after all he did rescue the situation this year. I just think it's another Rob Kelly situation and longer term it won't work. Owners are desperate to get back into European contention and as soon as they see that slipping away the axe will fall. Tough on Shakey but as I've said before, it's their train set!

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Is he getting the old heave-ho then?

7 hours ago, On our way... said:

He deserves a go as he has the trust and respect of (most of) the players and after all he did rescue the situation this year. I just think it's another Rob Kelly situation and longer term it won't work. Owners are desperate to get back into European contention and as soon as they see that slipping away the axe will fall. Tough on Shakey but as I've said before, it's their train set!

I understand people having different views on the likely success of Shakespeare, as with almost any manager, but I've not read any convincing or justified reasons for having doubt in the man.   

Archived