Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tetly

Next manager ( who do you want ).

Tuchel isn't as ridiculous as people are making out....match his ambition and give him a blank cheque, he and Schmidt are the only two managers who would suite out style....I don't invisage many changes or a complete overhaul. 

11 minutes ago, tetly said:

It's a tough decision there are some quality mangers available. Shakespeare did a good job and it's probably right to give him a chance, however I feel we should be looking at a proven manager.

What the owners have shown is they will do the best thing for the club. Eg Claudio. I think they will look for a proven manager. 

5 hours ago, Thracian said:

So did Gary Neville, Roy Keane and Ryan Giggs. 

And ???

Martin O Neill has nothing but praise for Keane, and you did miss off played in Spain, Holland, Italy and England as well as 6 years Assistent in Holland.

By the way, it was reference to Wagner no longer being available  :thumbup:

Thracian........ It'll all be sorted soon so we'll have to wait and see, either way I expect us to be supporting the team next year.

Whoever get's the best job available at the moment

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

"Before Huddersfield’s penalty shootout victory in a grim play-off final their manager, David Wagner, was fond of comparing his side’s promotion charge with Leicester winning the Premier League last season. That might be a touch strong but Wagner’s achievement in bringing Huddersfield into the top flight for the first time in 45 years remains utterly extraordinary."

:'-(

I wanted Wagner.

So Shakespeare plays a significant part in our winning the Championship by a distance, in the massively impressive run of results (about the best in the whole of Europe) that made up the Great Escape, in our winning the Premiership title for the first time ever and, again, by a distance, in almost managerially single-handed saving us from relegation and in making us the best British performers in the Champions League and, even then, not being knocked out honourably - and you'd prefer a guy who's just won promotion from the Championship as the third team and in a boring final. 

I've nothing at all against Huddersfield or Wagner's achievement - they merit high praise - but comparison with Shaky's achievements over a period seem pretty thin to me, 

We need a manager names fairly soon - players already starting to move. Even if players no longer come to a club just because of who the manager is, any decent player will want to know who he's playing for.

Owners are Abramovich-rich. We could make some statement signings.  

31 minutes ago, Milo said:

We need a manager names fairly soon - players already starting to move. Even if players no longer come to a club just because of who the manager is, any decent player will want to know who he's playing for.

Owners are Abramovich-rich. We could make some statement signings.  

I think abramovich is worth double our owners. 

On 28/05/2017 at 08:24, sylofox said:

Just loving the "it's Shakey's but he will be gone by Xmas" comments and people agreeing. This place will be carnage. People just waiting and wanting him to fail.

Two defeats and the knives will be out. Seenfvckall will be the first Shakey out or he's got to go call.

How right you are. I miss Seensodall and his wise, erudite and carefully reasoned comments.

Whatever happened to him/her? Unlikely to be what I would have liked.

11 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

How right you are. I miss Seensodall and his wise, erudite and carefully reasoned comments.

Two defeats will probably be one more than it takes! :(

40 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I think abramovich is worth double our owners

There's not that much in it. Point is we can blow the Stoke/Everton/Wet Spam/Southampton, etc owners out the water...

I know there are pitfalls of chucking money at players, but if we can spunk 30mil on a bang average player then surely we can pay big bucks for a few quality signings and try and recapture some momentum.

Dont want it to fizzle out

16 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Seenfvckall only appears when it's going bad or when we have divided issues. Just the reason he was not seen in 15/16 or the end of the great escape.

But he/she will be about to spread his bile about Shakey.

21 minutes ago, Milo said:

There's not that much in it. Point is we can blow the Stoke/Everton/Wet Spam/Southampton, etc owners out the water...

I know there are pitfalls of chucking money at players, but if we can spunk 30mil on a bang average player then surely we can pay big bucks for a few quality signings and try and recapture some momentum.

Dont want it to fizzle out

Everton, no. Their owners are much wealthier now with usmanov on the scene. The others probably. 

On 27/05/2017 at 19:55, Thracian said:

What's he done so desperately wrong as a manager in the clearly changing circumstances?  

Just don't think he is up to it over a full season, the players want him there and therefore they hold the upper hand over him - you get the feeling that if he drops one of the 'stars' then the revolution could start again....

I like him a lot, he is a great guy etc and I would hope he can be the continuous presence we need as managers come and go (two seasons is a good run in the Premier these days) but if he gets the elbow because we are playing shite (and we have done that under him already including abject surrender to Spurs) then we lose that continuity.

3 hours ago, Thracian said:

So Shakespeare plays a significant part in our winning the Championship by a distance, in the massively impressive run of results (about the best in the whole of Europe) that made up the Great Escape, in our winning the Premiership title for the first time ever and, again, by a distance, in almost managerially single-handed saving us from relegation and in making us the best British performers in the Champions League and, even then, not being knocked out honourably - and you'd prefer a guy who's just won promotion from the Championship as the third team and in a boring final. 

I've nothing at all against Huddersfield or Wagner's achievement - they merit high praise - but comparison with Shaky's achievements over a period seem pretty thin to me, 

He was a part of something amazing. But he was only a part of it. Are we sure on his own he would have achieved the same?

We can only really judge him on his current results. And as I've mentioned I see a honeymoon and post-honeymoon period.

I sincerely wish we had more matches to judge him by - to know if the last six matches were simply a hump or a pattern.

If we judge him on his last six matches we're only on 44 points for a whole season.

And when Mahrez leaves and perhaps others are we even sure we'll get those 44? I really want him to succeed but you cannot say it's not a risk.

Just now, Paddy. said:

Luciano Spalletti has left Roma, I could imagine the owners being interested in someone with his credentials.

"Hi Luciano, great CV! Lovely tactical awareness! You're not going to... try to like... change how we play right? They tend to... not like that..."

51 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Just don't think he is up to it over a full season, the players want him there and therefore they hold the upper hand over him - you get the feeling that if he drops one of the 'stars' then the revolution could start again....

I like him a lot, he is a great guy etc and I would hope he can be the continuous presence we need as managers come and go (two seasons is a good run in the Premier these days) but if he gets the elbow because we are playing shite (and we have done that under him already including abject surrender to Spurs) then we lose that continuity.

It wasn't an abject surrender against Spurs - the guy optimistically tried to rescue a game with severely limited resources and got turned over by a far superior side in the circumstances. And our end of season problems were sure to affect other results.

Even I couldn't have got better results from the mess we were in but I'd have sure objected to the misery of it and all the wasted purchases when we should have had some quality in reserve! :D     

Shakespeare must get it to 'steady the ship', especially after one of the club's most prized-asset players has asked to leave.

Any new, different manager could potentially create an environment that would make some players uncertain of their futures and feel like leaving as well.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Luciano Spalletti has left Roma, I could imagine the owners being interested in someone with his credentials.

As a Roma fan after Leicester I think you'll find he'll end up at Inter, not certain but that's the very strong romour and why Roma fans were booing him after their last game (plus how he's treated Totti).

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

He was a part of something amazing. But he was only a part of it. Are we sure on his own he would have achieved the same?

We can only really judge him on his current results. And as I've mentioned I see a honeymoon and post-honeymoon period.

I sincerely wish we had more matches to judge him by - to know if the last six matches were simply a hump or a pattern.

If we judge him on his last six matches we're only on 44 points for a whole season.

And when Mahrez leaves and perhaps others are we even sure we'll get those 44? I really want him to succeed but you cannot say it's not a risk.

Which managers come with guarantees? I can't remember one at Leicester in 62 years. 

As I've said countless times, our last six matches were like a handicap race and we had all the handicaps. I sincerely doubt any manager would have done any better or even  as well.

Of course it's a risk. all managers are a risk. But Shakespeare's earned the right to be risked and for all the talk of "names" and "better options" I don't see anyone better placed to guide us forward or very many of there "superstar" bosses lining up to come here. As for Woy, who does seem keen  - no thanks.       

16 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Which managers come with guarantees? I can't remember one at Leicester in 62 years. 

As I've said countless times, our last six matches were like a handicap race and we had all the handicaps. I sincerely doubt any manager would have done any better or even  as well.

Of course it's a risk. all managers are a risk. But Shakespeare's earned the right to be risked and for all the talk of "names" and "better options" I don't see anyone better placed to guide us forward or very many of there "superstar" bosses lining up to come here. As for Woy, who does seem keen  - no thanks.       

Our last six matches may have been handicapped - but without Mahrez and another big names next season handicaps will still be there.

Whomever takes over needs to do better than our last six matches without the talent we had in those last six matches.

29 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Our last six matches may have been handicapped - but without Mahrez and another big names next season handicaps will still be there.

Whomever takes over needs to do better than our last six matches without the talent we had in those last six matches.

Mahrez wasn't so special at the end of the season any more than at any time since we won the title. We had problems not because of management or Mahrez but due to insufficient resources. 

I've no preconceptions about the future because I've no idea who were realistically expecting to sign or what our approach will be depending on those signings. But I'm certainly not feeling downhearted. Mahrez was always likely to leave. But there's no excuse for not have planned for being without him.   

Archived