Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tetly

Next manager ( who do you want ).

10 hours ago, Thracian said:

We've already competed in Europe and Shaky played a big part in that, particularly during the closing stages. No reason we can't compete again or that we couldn't have put ourselves in contention this season but for the failings of "big name" Ranieri, in various ways.  

Yes the big part for Shakey was being booted out of the CL...and the Ranieri failing was our only prem league title.  Great to see how we're reasoning on this his forum.

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

I understand people having different views on the likely success of Shakespeare, as with almost any manager, but I've not read any convincing or justified reasons for having doubt in the man.   

Just loving the "it's Shakey's but he will be gone by Xmas" comments and people agreeing. This place will be carnage. People just waiting and wanting him to fail.

Two defeats and the knives will be out. Seenfvckall will be the first Shakey out or he's got to go call.

Yep give him the job can't see why people knock him he even had the balls to go for a win against spurs. It didn't work but was great to see IMO . We actually had a good few chances to .think he will be a breath of fresh air.  

7 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Yes the big part for Shakey was being booted out of the CL...and the Ranieri failing was our only prem league title.  Great to see how we're reasoning on this his forum.

Yes, having won the title it's quite amazing how incredibly quickly Ranieri  then took us backwards...if I hadn't seen it happen with my own eyes I would nev3er have believed it possible. 

As for being "booted out" of Europe we actually performed marvellously to finish as the last survivors from England and were arguably robbed of our status as well.

If you disagree, it's little wonder we see things differently. 

8 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Get out of town. Bad referee decision did us with Atleti. 

Ranieri's stunt in starting Musa in Sevilla was suicidal and probably the final nail

I'd just give it to Shakespeare, as he knows the club and the team's style of play. He's done OK in the games he's been in charge (with the exception of the Spurs match).

The important thing is that he would need to bring new blood to the squad and evolve the team's style of play.

3 hours ago, China Black said:

I'd just give it to Shakespeare, as he knows the club and the team's style of play. He's done OK in the games he's been in charge (with the exception of the Spurs match).

The important thing is that he would need to bring new blood to the squad and evolve the team's style of play.

Evolve as opposed to destroy.

There is much about our style that makes us extremely difficult for even good teams to cope with. However even we have difficulty applying that style when the slightest problem occurs, let alone a series of problems.

Anyone expecting us to suddenly transform ourselves into a possession team is just not being realistic.      

One improvement would be to have enough complimentary players to play our way even when we have one or two unavoidable problems which is not always easy at present.

Secondly, we need to be maleable enough to have genuine alternatives and the players to make them effective.

This means all the squad members must be good enough for the first team and to know and be seen to have a purpose and value to the squad.

18 hours ago, sylofox said:

Just loving the "it's Shakey's but he will be gone by Xmas" comments and people agreeing. This place will be carnage. People just waiting and wanting him to fail.

Two defeats and the knives will be out. Seenfvckall will be the first Shakey out or he's got to go call.

I for one do not want Shakey, but if it is given to him I'll be supporting him all the way.  I hope the rest of the fanatics here will do the same thing.  I'd rather be wrong than have Leicester City go down.  I cannot imagine any pleasure in our team failing.

Well it's not going to be Wagner more's the pity,

But listening to his preparation work with the team, I think our team might not have taken to it or him

Jaap Stam might want to give it a go though  :whistle:

I see it being a rolling contract for Shakespeare tbh

2 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Well it's not going to be Wagner more's the pity,

But listening to his preparation work with the team, I think our team might not have taken to it or him

Jaap Stam might want to give it a go though  :whistle:

I see it being a rolling contract for Shakespeare tbh

That reading perfomance was pathetic. They are so boring to Watch. Also, Huddersfield can only have 2 players on loan next season and will lose key players. It's unlikely but maybe Wagner has taken Huddersfield as far as he can? 

14 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

That reading perfomance was pathetic. They are so boring to Watch. Also, Huddersfield can only have 2 players on loan next season and will lose key players. It's unlikely but maybe Wagner has taken Huddersfield as far as he can? 

Reading finished 3rd in the league

Stam's career says it all, he's worked the best manager in English history, played in Holland, Spain, Italy and England

He's dutch and that means he might know a little bit about man management and tactics and he's also been an assistent for the last 6 or 7 years

But like I said, :whistle:

As for Wagner and Huddersfield, they're Burnley so expect them to struggle but he won't leave

I'll go with our owners though they'll be paying the wages so it's up to them

Thomas Tuchel has just left Dortmund and all the big clubs have managers. Okay so I'm dreaming but give him £5m a year and let's go!

"Before Huddersfield’s penalty shootout victory in a grim play-off final their manager, David Wagner, was fond of comparing his side’s promotion charge with Leicester winning the Premier League last season. That might be a touch strong but Wagner’s achievement in bringing Huddersfield into the top flight for the first time in 45 years remains utterly extraordinary."

:'-(

I wanted Wagner.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

"Before Huddersfield’s penalty shootout victory in a grim play-off final their manager, David Wagner, was fond of comparing his side’s promotion charge with Leicester winning the Premier League last season. That might be a touch strong but Wagner’s achievement in bringing Huddersfield into the top flight for the first time in 45 years remains utterly extraordinary."

:'-(

I wanted Wagner.

He's praised us quite a lot in his press conferences due to the similarity between the two stories. 

I said Tuchel weeks ago.

Fell out with the board at Dortmund.

He was promised players wouldn't be sold, they were sold.

Had little input on signings and couldn't get targets he wanted.

Final straw seemed to be the bomb against Monaco. The players were understandably shaken and didn't want to play. 

The owners came out and said "The show must go on"

He'd be a great coup for us if we were ambitious enough.

It's a tough decision there are some quality mangers available. Shakespeare did a good job and it's probably right to give him a chance, however I feel we should be looking at a proven manager.

Archived