Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tetly

Next manager ( who do you want ).

8 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Mahrez wasn't so special at the end of the season any more than at any time since we won the title. We had problems not because of management or Mahrez but due to insufficient resources. 

I've no preconceptions about the future because I've no idea who were realistically expecting to sign or what our approach will be depending on those signings. But I'm certainly not feeling downhearted. Mahrez was always likely to leave. But there's no excuse for not have planned for being without him.   

Our problems in the last six games weren't down only to injury problems - we didn't look good anywhere neither in style or tactics.

And if one of Vardy, Schmeichel or another first teamer goes too? Poor team play and fewer stars. Perhaps I'm being too negative but we'll see.

10 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Our problems in the last six games weren't down only to injury problems - we didn't look good anywhere neither in style or tactics.

And if one of Vardy, Schmeichel or another first teamer goes too? Poor team play and fewer stars. Perhaps I'm being too negative but we'll see.

Our team was decimated. We didn't have much to mend it with and, while most of our fans recognised that before the games were even played, you choose to ignore the fact.  

3 hours ago, Thracian said:

Our team was decimated. We didn't have much to mend it with and, while most of our fans recognised that before the games were even played, you choose to ignore the fact.  

It was decimated right at the end, like the last 3 games. But our performances were becoming more negative and poorer well before that.

The first few games under Shakespeare were good, but only about 3 games were the true Leicester (Liverpool and Sevilla at home, Stoke was borderline and the first half against West Ham was good). That's the Leicester that puts the emphasis on scoring goals and pressing the opposition rather than staying in the game.

Even as early as West Ham away in the second half we started employing very negative tactics which clearly do not suit us and put us in a very vulnerable position.

Shakespeare's only real effect on this team has been motivating them. Tactically we've done very little different to when we were getting mullered every week, it's just that the players started playing for him, which they weren't doing under Ranieri.

This started to catch up with us and it will only get worse because we are absolutely useless playing at a slow tempo.

19 hours ago, chapero82 said:

My concern is Shaky not being strong enough to keep the players in check! 

Mine too, couldn't understand why Mahrez and Vardy were allowed to walk around the pitch with their babies, 5 mins before ko at the Bournemouth game. 

Clearly player power still strong at the City 

Rather go for the 'home run' and stick with Shakespeare.

Sometimes, someone who knows the club inside out and the industry in itself at the highest level can go on and step up to the top with that club.

This can still happen with Shakespeare - as he's level-headed, feet firmly on the floor and knows what's happening and is someone who places emphasis on ensuring individuals in the team, as much as possible, are both treated with respect and hungry to prove themselves.

5 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Why are they taking such a hell of a long time to sort the managersbpost out this should have been done and dusted weeks ago now we will miss out on signings whilst we have no manager in post !

We need to make the right decision...maybe, oh hang on though....errrrr....

17 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Rather go for the 'home run' and stick with Shakespeare.

Sometimes, someone who knows the club inside out and the industry in itself at the highest level can go on and step up to the top with that club.

This can still happen with Shakespeare - as he's level-headed, feet firmly on the floor and knows what's happening and is someone who places emphasis on ensuring individuals in the team, as much as possible, are both treated with respect and hungry to prove themselves.

That's the opposite of "going for the home run". :P

2 hours ago, norwichfox said:

We need to make the right decision...maybe, oh hang on though....errrrr....

Sarcastic FUCH !!

yes I know they need to make the right decision, but we have been managerless or interim manager for months !

If they were going to give it to Shakey they've had plenty of time and positive performances from Shakey to give him the post,if they had second thoughts regarding Shakey they've still had plenty of time to sound out other candidates!

The timing of this is all wrong as we only have a small window regarding bringing in players as most won't want to come to us whilst they have no clue who the manager is or will be !!

So excuse me if I'm concerned !!

26 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Sarcastic FUCH !!

yes I know they need to make the right decision, but we have been managerless or interim manager for months !

If they were going to give it to Shakey they've had plenty of time and positive performances from Shakey to give him the post,if they had second thoughts regarding Shakey they've still had plenty of time to sound out other candidates!

The timing of this is all wrong as we only have a small window regarding bringing in players as most won't want to come to us whilst they have no clue who the manager is or will be !!

So excuse me if I'm concerned !!

Yes we're all concerned for whatsoever reason, I wasn't being sarcastic.....Sorry but  I can't excuse the manner of your reply. If the owners choose to consider other options, I'll be right behind their judgement.

14 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Yes we're all concerned for whatsoever reason, I wasn't being sarcastic.....Sorry but  I can't excuse the manner of your reply. If the owners choose to consider other options, I'll be right behind their judgement.

Your reply read so sarcasticly maybe oh hang on err !! ? try reading your post back !!

My reply was tongue in cheek try reading your replies back before posting then you may pick up on some sarcastic undertones !!

7 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Your reply read so sarcasticly maybe oh hang on err !! ? try reading your post back !!

My reply was tongue in cheek try reading your replies back before posting then you may pick up on some sarcastic undertones !!

:yawn:

Archived