Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tetly

Next manager ( who do you want ).

On 2017-5-30 at 23:47, Foxxed said:

Our problems in the last six games weren't down only to injury problems - we didn't look good anywhere neither in style or tactics.

And if one of Vardy, Schmeichel or another first teamer goes too? Poor team play and fewer stars. Perhaps I'm being too negative but we'll see.

You're certainly pessimistic and for no logical reason I can understand. . 

3 hours ago, Thracian said:

You're certainly pessimistic and for no logical reason I can understand. . 

I think our pre Athletico matches were a result of a honeymoon period.

The post Athletico matches were poor.

It's possible that the poor matches were just a result of injuries.

But I have no proof that even with fit players we would have won. 

In fact I think we did worse than we should have. Arsenal was the main match that gave me doubts. Spurs hammered that home. Bournemouth left an uneasy taste.

Given more data I would agree with your sunny optimism, as I did in the pre Athletico matches, but without more data I find it hard to be as confident as I was before.

I'd probably be willing to give Shakey until Christmas, to give him the benefit of the doubt, but seenitall's warning would lie heavy in my mind, and the fact we may have another half a season loss.

I'd ideally like to give Shakey experience managing a Championship side and then bring him over but I realise that won't happen.

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I think our pre Athletico matches were a result of a honeymoon period.

The post Athletico matches were poor.

It's possible that the poor matches were just a result of injuries.

But I have no proof that even with fit players we would have won. 

In fact I think we did worse than we should have. Arsenal was the main match that gave me doubts. Spurs hammered that home. Bournemouth left an uneasy taste.

Given more data I would agree with your sunny optimism, as I did in the pre Athletico matches, but without more data I find it hard to be as confident as I was before.

I'd probably be willing to give Shakey until Christmas, to give him the benefit of the doubt, but seenitall's warning would lie heavy in my mind, and the fact we may have another half a season loss.

I'd ideally like to give Shakey experience managing a Championship side and then bring him over but I realise that won't happen.

lollol  I could not fault you until I got to the seenfvckall  bit lollol 

Why anyone would listen to that troll is beyond me.

He only turns up when we are on a bad run to spout his bile and state the obvious. 

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

He only turns up when we are on a bad run to spout his bile and state the obvious. 

Have I missed something..............Whos seenfvckall, seenitall or seensodall ?

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Shakespeare said after the Arsenal match that the players didn't play with the intensity he had asked them too.These thing happen to all manager.I'm sure when Man u played shite under Fergie it wasn't because he told them the wrong things.Hence why a lot of teams improve second half due to a kick up the arse and a tweak in tactics. 

I think people have got to realise that after we were safe players performances would subconsciously  of dropped of by a couple of percent.This is a massive amount in the game.

3 hours ago, los dedos said:

Shakespeare said after the Arsenal match that the players didn't play with the intensity he had asked them too.These thing happen to all manager.I'm sure when Man u played shite under Fergie it wasn't because he told them the wrong things.Hence why a lot of teams improve second half due to a kick up the arse and a tweak in tactics. 

I think people have got to realise that after we were safe players performances would subconsciously  of dropped of by a couple of percent.This is a massive amount in the game.

Well if they didn't do something he asked then the argument he's a jolly amiable coach and not a manager rings true a bit more... These matches were end of the season with nothing to play for but they must have known these matches were important to Shakey's managerial chances.

5 hours ago, chicagofox said:

But you also have no proof that we would not have won.

True. It's doubt creeping in more than definitely proof someone else would be better. It's the idea that he may be as big a risk as a new manager.

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

Ha, I've only read about three posts of his. And to be fair he was right about sacking Pearson and hiring Ranieri. I thought he seemed more of an Eeyore than a troll!

Hey each unto there own. But funny how we hardly seen him promotion season then the great escape he's all over it. Oh then last season I hardly remember seeing him. But low and behold shite season he was back again.

Claims to be a fan but only comes in here when he can moan.

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

David Wagner is having a meeting with the Huddersfield owner about his future. So guess there's still a chance.. I'd have thought they would have announced it already If shakey had gotten it.

Yes I'm sure you're right (even though you've been given the reasons why it hasn't in the shakey thread)

11 hours ago, los dedos said:

I  agree but also, after the Spurs match he also commented that certain players didn't play in the positions he asked or did what he asked them to and that they needed to realise they were part of a team? That's worrying as they should be doing what Shakespeare has asked them to do,  not what they think is individually right, particularly if he's someone they would allegedly like to see as their manager. There can be only one leader.  Would they have dared do that under a manager like Fergie?  I think not or there would be consequences.  If they are prepared to do that to someone they supposedly like that hasn't even got the job yet,  what liberties would they take if he got the job full time?  For me Shakespeare's too close therefore too weak. Someone now needs to take over and stamp there authority on the team or ship the non conformists out ASAP or we'll just be appointing a new manager by Christmas. You shouldn't trust rookies with a multi million pound business imo .

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I  agree but also, after the Spurs match he also commented that certain players didn't play in the positions he asked or did what he asked them to and that they needed to realise they were part of a team? That's worrying as they should be doing what Shakespeare has asked them to do,  not what they think is individually right, particularly if he's someone they would allegedly like to see as their manager. There can be only one leader.  Would they have dared do that under a manager like Fergie?  I think not or there would be consequences.  If they are prepared to do that to someone they supposedly like that hasn't even got the job yet,  what liberties would they take if he got the job full time?  For me Shakespeare's too close therefore too weak. Someone now needs to take over and stamp there authority on the team or ship the non conformists out ASAP or we'll just be appointing a new manager by Christmas. You shouldn't trust rookies with a multi million pound business imo .

Worked out ok for Zidane at Real last night.

Edit. Oh and Pep at Barca and Paisley at Liverpool.

18 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Luis Enrique, anyone? :ph34r:

No thanks.

We aren't a team packed full of superstars.

Exactly the same reason I would hate someone like Zidane here.

Ok, sounds ridiculous, but he's only managing the best players in the world, because they're already there.

Managers like that wouldn't be able to get Luton Town promoted.

I could manage Barça or Real and win a trophy. 

Football manager? Completed it mate.

5 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

David Wagner is having a meeting with the Huddersfield owner about his future. So guess there's still a chance.. I'd have thought they would have announced it already If shakey had gotten it.

I like him too, mainly for the team building and making Huddersfield do a little Leicester, but this is all getting a bit "she doesn't definitely dislike me, I still have a chance, she wasn't even holding his hand at lunch today!"

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

Hey each unto there own. But funny how we hardly seen him promotion season then the great escape he's all over it. Oh then last season I hardly remember seeing him. But low and behold shite season he was back again.

Claims to be a fan but only comes in here when he can moan.

Yeah, I've only seen him moan about managers to be fair.

7 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Worked out ok for Zidane at Real last night.

Edit. Oh and Pep at Barca and Paisley at Liverpool.

Good point in fairness. However, the sort of players and teams they were taking over were a little bit different to our. We need a rebuild with someone capable of controlling strong individuals. I just doubt (possibly wrongly) that Shakespeare has those qualities. I hope I'm very wrong.

18 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Wagner, Tuchel or Schmit. All play exciting attacking football. They are our best options imo. 

When the season got to the serious part he reverted to mourinho tactics - most of the season was a free hit for Huddersfield and they played like it was. With a more high pressured PL job, who knows what his preferred tactic will be 

The time it's taking to sort Shakespeare the more I'm inclined to go for the boss of Poundland. Especially as the best players get spoken for and we end up scouring the bargain basement for anyone who can do a passable imitation of Mahrez.   

Archived