Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tetly

Next manager ( who do you want ).

I know the season has just ended but what are your thoughts on our next manager ? Shakespeare has done what was required kept us up, but is he the right man to rebuild the squad.

I would love a manager / coach that play a good style of football just keeping possession and being effective when we have the ball. 

My my choice would be Brendon Rodgers not to sure he would come here now as he has had a great season in Scotland. 

That's my choice who would you bring in as our next manager?

If we don't go with Shakey, we want someone who would make a massive statement. However we must use this as a chance for breath of fresh air to the club, that means the new manger must bring in their own staff and their own playstyle, Frank de Boer, Laurent Blanc, Thomas Tuchel even Manchini are all options. 

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Supposing we appoint Shakespeare and it all goes wrong, then what?

I'm still struggling to see past bringing someone else in, with Shakespeare going back to what he knows.

Works both ways, what if we appoint someone else and it all goes wrong? 

Just now, matty98 said:

Works both ways, what if we appoint someone else and it all goes wrong? 

We need to adapt to our change in circumstances.  Going with what we know will probably only maintain what we have or possibly have us regress, rather than push us on for more.

If we're sitting here with Shakespeare in charge in two months and 5 fresh faces that are all quality buys, I may change my opinion.  As things stand, there is cause for concern.

I think the whole place needs a freshen up.

There's no way the board will appoint shakey, the whole point of appointing ranieri in the first place was to radicalise our style of play from the Pearson era, making us into a more possession based team, changing the whole culture only he wasn't the right character for the big task in the long run.

13 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

If we don't go with Shakey, we want someone who would make a massive statement. However we must use this as a chance for breath of fresh air to the club, that means the new manger must bring in their own staff and their own playstyle, Frank de Boer, Laurent Blanc, Thomas Tuchel even Manchini are all options. 

Tuchel would be insane

19 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Brendon Rodgers would relegate us. Our players aren't suited to his style of play at all.

If we gave him time and resources I think he'd do a brilliant job, the squad needs refreshing anyway. I don't think he will leave Celtic though, certainly not for us. He will rebuild his stock and look for a top European job.

Some of you really are in for a shock next season. Tuchel, Blanc, Mancini, de Boer, give me strength.

We've wasted our opportunity as top dogs by making poor signings and allowing our manager to go batshit and ruin everything. We're not a top Premier League club anymore and I think some of you are yet to realise that that bump you felt was us coming back down to Earth,

I still love this club and the players for what they've done and respect Shakespeare for his tenure here but I really think some of you need to get some perspective, or you're going to feel very disappointed next season.

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

Some of you really are in for a shock next season. Tuchel, Blanc, Mancini, de Boer, give me strength.

We've wasted our opportunity as top dogs by making poor signings and allowing our manager to go batshit and ruin everything. We're not a top Premier League club anymore and I think some of you are yet to realise that that bump you felt was us coming back down to Earth,

I still love this club and the players for what they've done and respect Shakespeare for his tenure here but I really think some of you need to get some perspective, or you're going to feel very disappointed next season.

The opportunity is never wasted....it's how you sell yourself to them. Attitudes like this is what see's clubs regress.....I'd say this is our one chance to right the wrongs of the summer. 

3 minutes ago, Bryn said:

This reminds me of when we sacked Nige and people thought we'd bring Klopp in ha. 

2 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

The opportunity is never wasted....it's how you sell yourself to them. Attitudes like this is what see's clubs regress.....I'd say this is our one chance to right the wrongs of the summer. 

I don't consider it negative or regression to think that. Some people seem to think we are destined for a run at the top and entitled to have top managers and top players sign for the club and that has never been the case for Leicester City. It's not regression; this season was regression. We still have an opportunity to build something great at Leicester; get some of the academy kids coming through, re-establish our scouting and sports medicines departments as world leaders, find a manager who can develop an ethos at the club and find the right players to fit into that and become a perennial, competitive Premier League side. But I don't think that's going to come of sniping Borussia Dortmund's manager.

26 minutes ago, josh_baskin said:

Looking externally from the club I'd say Giovanni van Bronckhorst is about the best potential candidate we could attract.

Unless we sign some younger CB's - Giovanni Van Carthorse might be a better shout.

Archived