Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tetly

Next manager ( who do you want ).

I have lost confidence in the coaching, tactical and managing style of most present day British managers.  Though I am hoping fo a resurgence (the O'Neils, Fergusons and Clough etc..) I just don't like any of them (or for that matter some of the continentals ala Cruyff).

Something has got to give here.

It's a damn shame.

Sorry off topic!

My vote is for Leonardo Semplici of newly promoted serie A, Spal.  Youngish buck that knows a few things about football.  Generally under the radar.

All I know is, that I've had the time of my footballing life these last 4 seasons. Winning the Championship by a country mile, the great escape, winning the Premier League and getting to the last 8 of the CL and rising out of the relegation zone. Shakespeare has been at the heart of it all. I completely respect that you'd rather Wagner was appointed to take us forward. I'd rather stick with what has got us this far. As good as Huddersfield's achievement is, it really doesn't compare to our story imo.

Anyway, on a day such as today, peace and love to you all my Leicester supporting friends. 

7 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

I have lost confidence in the coaching, tactical and managing style of most present day British managers.  Though I am hoping fo a resurgence (the O'Neils, Fergusons and Clough etc..) I just don't like any of them (or for that matter some of the continentals ala Cruyff).

Something has got to give here.

It's a damn shame.

Sorry off topic!

My vote is for Leonardo Semplici of newly promoted serie A, Spal.  Youngish buck that knows a few things about football.  Generally under the radar.

Here's a strange thing.

Marco Silva is linked with all the jobs under the sun, fails at Hull and is relegated. No matter what you say, it's on his CV. He failed and was relegated.

Paul Clement saves Swansea from certain relegation yet no one talks about linking him with other jobs. And he's coached at Real Madrid and Bayern Munich so he's got excellent pedigree!

It's all nonsense, there is plenty of good British managers out there they just need a chance and an opportunity.

8 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Haha, just reading the first paragraph I thought you had just posted what I copy and pasted from Wagner's tactics. Schmidt and Wagner's tactics don't sound massively different then.

Schmidt plays 4-4-2, Wagner plays 4-2-3-1. Personally don't see Wagner as a good fit, because he'd want us playing possession football which we'll never be able to play more effectively than the top teams.

25 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Schmidt plays 4-4-2, Wagner plays 4-2-3-1. Personally don't see Wagner as a good fit, because he'd want us playing possession football which we'll never be able to play more effectively than the top teams.

[Edit] The formation fits better but whoscored says their on 53% possession this season but then you can't except them to have our level.

http://bundesligafanatic.com/the-roger-schmidt-way-2/

There is no tendency to build up using patient possession football; instead they look to move from back to front using a series of quick forward passes that are similar to those coached by Marcelo Bielsa during his time in charge of Chile and Athletic Bilbao. The ball is moved to an advanced player – at that point, a wave of Leverkusen players will start to attack spaces of zones making it very difficult for the opposition to transition quickly from attack to defence.

Sounds decent.

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Here's a strange thing.

Marco Silva is linked with all the jobs under the sun, fails at Hull and is relegated. No matter what you say, it's on his CV. He failed and was relegated.

Paul Clement saves Swansea from certain relegation yet no one talks about linking him with other jobs. And he's coached at Real Madrid and Bayern Munich so he's got excellent pedigree!

It's all nonsense, there is plenty of good British managers out there they just need a chance and an opportunity.

Well, you're probably right about prejudice or even bloody ignoring some facts like you've stated.  But, unfortunately I've seen a lot of games with British managers and generally they blow.  They just seem to lack any finesse or understanding of the game.  I don't like saying it, but until we're willing to admit it, it will never change.  I just think this new batch is awful.  It wasn't like that...

20 hours ago, Tuna said:

Here's a strange thing.

By the way Paul Clement has had an excellent management education from one of the best in the business.  That is what I think is needed for British managers today.  They then can go and teach others.  Problem is those who are good have little time to teach others.  They are just too busy managing teams...and who can blame them.

21 hours ago, Tuna said:

Here's a strange thing.

Yep, people throwing in the likes of Wagner or that chap mentioned managing SPAL. Never managed a top flight game (abroad, let alone in England) but going to be the figure heads of us getting in top 10. 

News coming out from the mercury is that City are in no rush to sort out the managers position !!

Great that means won't be sorted out for a few weeks we will miss out once again on some if not all of our intended targets and our players will be looking to go elsewhere if not sorted, the owners have had since CR left to sound out replacements and have seen what Shakespeare can accomplish so why not trust him full time in the role !!

Keeping everyone in limbo is just not good for the morale at the club With the instability of a managerless club which needs sorting out sooner than later getbour club a manager and let's go forward in rebuilding for the new premier league season!!

Well does that infer that Shakey isn't the man they are looking at? could mean we are waiting for other targets, it will be sorted in the next 2 weeks imo,  the transfer window opens in Mid June so we hardly missing out on targets.

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Well does that infer that Shakey isn't the man they are looking at? could mean we are waiting for other targets, it will be sorted in the next 2 weeks imo,  the transfer window opens in Mid June so we hardly missing out on targets.

All the deals are being done now or have already been done. 

23 hours ago, Tuna said:

Here's a strange thing.

Failed at Derby. 

18 hours ago, Tuna said:

...and?

Don't think that came out as I meant it to. What I meant was on their CVS they both technically have a failure against their names. However, I think both of them are exciting up and coming managers (regardless of nationality). Actually when you think about it, we could do a lot worse.

Archived