Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

How Many Targets?

Will we miss out on as we have no manager. I think a couple Gibson possibly being one.

This really needs to be sorted asap. After all would any of you sign for a club not having a clue who the manager is.

If they're not giving it to Shakey I don hope they've already decided who they're going for. They've had months to think about and discuss this.

There's no reason the new manager shouldn't be in place in the first week of June.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

If they're not giving it to Shakey I don hope they've already decided who they're going for. They've had months to think about and discuss this.

There's no reason the new manager shouldn't be in place in the first week of June.

Don't be ridiculous we'll spend a bit of money on some already identified players then bring in a manager around mid august who may or may not want them.

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Only manager whom we might want and could take longer than a few weeks to sort out is Wagner or Jaap Stam. Personally, if we aren't giving it Shakespeare I think it'll go to either Mancini or Schmidt (hopefully) and as both are out of work, they'll be ready if interested.

the targets will no doubt be the same whether a new manager comes in or not!. the club scouts will have identified targets and it will be up to the managerial department whether we follow up on them or not

2 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

the targets will no doubt be the same whether a new manager comes in or not!. the club scouts will have identified targets and it will be up to the managerial department whether we follow up on them or not

I see what you're saying but should the new person have a completely different playing style to what we currently do... Or is from a league that our scouting network hasnt really tapped into ( and i seriously hope we dont go down that road...) then there is every chance they will have their own people in mind..

4 minutes ago, CockneyFox said:

The transfer window doesn't open until 1st July so I doubt Gibson (or anyone else) will be agreeing to join anyone just yet

Transfers can be agreed before that date though

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Only manager whom we might want and could take longer than a few weeks to sort out is Wagner or Jaap Stam. Personally, if we aren't giving it Shakespeare I think it'll go to either Mancini or Schmidt (hopefully) and as both are out of work, they'll be ready if interested.

A good call. Any of that 4 should do a good job.

GK

RB

2 x CB

1 x Striker

James back, Mendy back, should cover the midfield and I'm hoping for Ake from Chelsea and Jansson and Taylor from Leeds are among the players we are looking at................ So it's a 5 from me

2 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

GK

RB

2 x CB

1 x Striker

James back, Mendy back, should cover the midfield and I'm hoping for Ake from Chelsea and Jansson and Taylor from Leeds are among the players we are looking at................ So it's a 5 from me

How many left backs do you want? And ake dosent suit our style of play, he's like 5ft 11 and can pass a football. 

24 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

GK

RB

2 x CB

1 x Striker

Mendy and James unproven due to different reasons... Cannot gamble that either will hack it in the PL! 

We HAVE TO sign a quality midfielder this summer... No taking chances again like last season. 

44 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Mendy and James unproven due to different reasons... Cannot gamble that either will hack it in the PL! 

We HAVE TO sign a quality midfielder this summer... No taking chances again like last season. 

We have no idea of which Drinkwater will turn up next season so at least one quality midfielder is a must.

9 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We have no idea of which Drinkwater will turn up next season so at least one quality midfielder is a must.

I always thought everyone knew that Drinky has 1 bad season, then a great one, followed by a bad season and then another good one.

He'll be great again next year. Foxestalk narrative tropes dictates it!

21 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

How many left backs do you want? And ake dosent suit our style of play, he's like 5ft 11 and can pass a football. 

21 hours ago, weller54 said:

OK, got the message ref left back....... But Ake two good seasons with Bornemouth and he's not good enough for us ???

Plus Conte called him back

As for Mendy and James, thought James was outstanding untill he was injured and Mendy didn't really have a season

Drinkwater and Wilf will be starters but as back up I don't see anything wrong with the gamble    :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

OK, got the message ref left back....... But Ake two good seasons with Bornemouth and he's not good enough for us ???

Plus Conte called him back

As for Mendy and James, thought James was outstanding untill he was injured and Mendy didn't really have a season

Drinkwater and Wilf will be starters but as back up I don't see anything wrong with the gamble    :thumbup:

Ake is a ball playing CB. The way we play we are better off with a 6ft 5 brute who can't pass a football. 

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Ake is a ball playing CB. The way we play we are better off with a 6ft 5 brute who can't pass a football. 

Damn, I got it wrong I suggested a footballing CB

Shawcross it is then    :thumbup:

No, second thoughts I'll stick with Ake...... Thanks  :whistle:

Archived