Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Manchester Arena blast

6 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Maybe so, but you'd think there would be some form of substance for the police to evacuate the area. The witness report saying they heard shots could well be purely down to nerves etc, when you convince yourself you heard something but probably didn't.

The Arndale Centre is re-opening now anyway, and still awaiting confirmation of what happened. 

EDIT: Whether it's linked to what just happened or not (it may well be due to the timing), a 23 year old man has been arrested in connection to last nights bombing.

5 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

police after a terrorist incident go into the "better safe than sorry" mode. if someone leaves a school bag somewhere by accident they will evacuate. 

Manchester Police confirm a man has been arrested at the Arndale Centre. Also confirm a 23 year old man has been arrested in South Manchester in connection with last nights attack. It's all going on.

1 minute ago, Darkon84 said:

Manchester Police confirm a 23 year old man has been arrested at the Arndale Centre in connection to last nights attack.

i don't know shocks me more. the fact this person is 23 or the fact they knew where he was to catch him. 

4 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Manchester Police confirm a man has been arrested at the Arndale Centre. Also confirm a 23 year old man has been arrested in South Manchester in connection with last nights attack. It's all going on.

• 11:58

Follow

G M Police ✔@gmpolice

With regards to last night’s incident at the Manchester arena, we can confirm we have arrested a 23-year-old man in South Manchester.

11:53 AM - 23 May 2017

2,4792,479 Retweets

1,7541,754 likes

Twitter Ads info & Privacy

Follow

G M Police ✔@gmpolice

A man has been arrested at the Arndale Centre – This is not currently believed to connected to last night’s attacks.

11:54 AM - 23 May 2017

816816 Retweets

527527 likes

2 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

I edited my post about 3 times as the information actually became clearer. I think I'll just shut up again now instead of rushing posts. Hopefully more arrests to follow.

to quote monty python

"alright, we'll call it a draw"

Its ok guys, Teresa May has issued a statement asking us all to pray to God. And thats as much as this inept cow can manage. Its this belief in 'God' that brought us here. And to think I always voted Tory, no more.

Just now, steveherbe said:

Its ok guys, Teresa May has issued a statement asking us all to pray to God. And thats as much as this inept cow can manage. Its this belief in 'God' that brought us here. And to think I always voted Tory, no more.

Not sure if you're trying to be funny or being sarcastic?..

Either way was its not hilarious, given the situation.

RIP to those killed in Manchester. I'm not surprised but absolutely saddened at the disgusting way these events are allowed to happen - one way or another.

I've never understood the argument that these attacks are due to, and, ultimately justified by western millitary intervention.

It's such a disingenuous approach. It's like justifying the murder of 9 white people at the hands of a black extremist because a white extremist - Dylann Roof - killed 9 black people in a church. That's the mentality people are projecting even though they know it is at odds with true liberal philosophy.

Sub-Saharan Africa was subjected to 800 years of slavery by the Arab world. With the logic of the "Western millitary intervention provoked extremist attacks" argument, the desendants of enslavement would have a far greater justification for forming an anti-Arab retribution group and indiscriminately murdering citizens of the Arab world... Even though they would'nt be justified of course.

But that's how ridiculous and shallow this particular argument and thought process is when discussing the aftermath of these awful events -  of which, sadly, seem as inevitable as it being light in the morning and dark at night.

I see Jack Johnson (You probably don't know him, I didn't remember him until I saw him, he is the numpty who had plastic surgery to look like David Beckham) was tweeting jokes about it last night. Bet he regrets it now after all the hate he has received.

Some people really are stupid

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not sure if you're trying to be funny or being sarcastic?..

Either way was its not hilarious, given the situation.

Neither actually. The best our national leader can offer us is to pray. And as I said, always voted Tory, but not this time. May should stand for leader of the WI, she isnt fit to lead our country

23 minutes ago, baker11 said:

The Sun, Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson all trending on twitter. Vile types profiting on the horrendous events. Sickening! 

Katie Hopkins tweeted about needing a "final solution" and then edited it after beinf abused. She knows what she is doing. The woman is a straight up cvnt.

21 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

i don't know shocks me more. the fact this person is 23 or the fact they knew where he was to catch him. 

Exactly this. Every time one of these attacks happens, there seems to be arrests shortly after. If they know of these people why are they not sorted out? 

22 people go to a concert and don't return. It's unacceptable. 

A demonstration of pure evil. Unfortunately being known to police isn't enough to stop these people, in what capacity were they known? In an ideal world anyone who displays an interest in terrorism would be incarcerated, however such is the way of the CPS it needs to be beyond all reasonable doubt that there conspiring to commit a terror related offence. 

It needs to change, it's a bald and possible Ill thought way of thinking, but 22 people dead..at a concert...children, families......when you boil it down the the basic facts the risk of loosing multiple people for the sake of hard evidence surely should be considered....

22 and possible more, dead. It doesn't bare thinking about, but what is important is showing solidarity for those affected, I can't imagine the pain of knowing you'll never see your child again....stay strong Manchester. 

3 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I know this is probably not the right thread to make this point but why do people use the word coward in these situations?

coward

ˈkaʊəd/

noun

noun: coward; plural noun: cowards

a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

It's not the correct word. There are plenty of negative things you can call them.

Used by the Prime Minister as well this morning in her address to the nation this morning. I suppose she is wrong also?

11 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Neither actually. The best our national leader can offer us is to pray. And as I said, always voted Tory, but not this time. May should stand for leader of the WI, she isnt fit to lead our country

Give it a rest.

10 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

RIP to those killed in Manchester. I'm not surprised but absolutely saddened at the disgusting way these events are allowed to happen - one way or another.

I've never understood the argument that these attacks are due to, and, ultimately justified by western millitary intervention.

It's such a disingenuous approach. It's like justifying the murder of 9 white people at the hands of a black extremist because a white extremist - Dylann Roof - killed 9 black people in a church. That's the mentality people are projecting even though they know it is at odds with true liberal philosophy.

Sub-Saharan Africa was subjected to 800 years of slavery by the Arab world. With the logic of the "Western millitary intervention provoked extremist attacks" argument, the desendants of enslavement would have a far greater justification for forming an anti-Arab retribution group and indiscriminately murdering citizens of the Arab world... Even though they would'nt be justified of course.

But that's how ridiculous and shallow this particular argument and thought process is when discussing the aftermath of these awful events -  of which, sadly, seem as inevitable as it being light in the morning and dark at night.

Nobody says they're due to western intervention.  The point I was trying to make is, if you're a recruiter for

this sort of stuff or looking to spread propaganda to radicalise, it's a far easier sell when there's occupation or bombs being dropped especially when there isn't really a clear goal or case for the above happening.

Again, we're not to blame.  People have killed in the name of religion for centuries and when this ends, unfortunately something else will take its place.

But the way I see it, there's two ways of looking at it, firstly, they're evil, they're the enemy, we've done nothing wrong and this is a war.  Secondly (and this is my view), this is a disease and we're quarantining the sick rather than looking for a cure and ultimately trying to prevent people catching it.

54 minutes ago, MPH said:

I wouldn't exactly call them small...  no where near the majority, for sure, but not small either.. they have the people l, finances and ability to attack in any country in the world...

And what do they achieve?  Like I said, they make themselves feel important briefly, and they achieve Zero, then go back to their failing land grab in the Middle East.

2 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:
3 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I know this is probably not the right thread to make this point but why do people use the word coward in these situations?

coward

ˈkaʊəd/

noun

noun: coward; plural noun: cowards

a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

It's not the correct word. There are plenty of negative things you can call them.

1 minute ago, foxoffderby said:

Used by the Prime Minister as well this morning in her address to the nation this morning. I suppose she is wrong also?

It was a cowardly attack but the perpetrator is not necessarily a 'coward' as such but why on earth people are debating the semantics of the word at a time like this, I have no idea.... yeah I'm talking to you  @Kitchandro !

26 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

I'm also not comfortable with the prime minister commentating on 'praying' - I'd prefer those recommendations were made by religious groups not the head of state.

9 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Exactly this. Every time one of these attacks happens, there seems to be arrests shortly after. If they know of these people why are they not sorted out? 

You cannot arrest people who have not committed a crime.  You cannot watch everyone who might be angry enough to eventually pursue something like this.

3 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Nobody says they're due to western intervention.  The point I was trying to make is, if you're a recruiter for

this sort of stuff or looking to spread propaganda to radicalise, it's a far easier sell when there's occupation or bombs being dropped especially when there isn't really a clear goal or case for the above happening.

Again, we're not to blame.  People have killed in the name of religion for centuries and when this ends, unfortunately something else will take its place.

But the way I see it, there's two ways of looking at it, firstly, they're evil, they're the enemy, we've done nothing wrong and this is a war.  Secondly (and this is my view), this is a disease and we're quarantining the sick rather than looking for a cure and ultimately trying to prevent people catching it.

I agree with you partly on the "quarantining the sick rather than looking for the cure" view. Part of that is the way extremist acts in general are constantly being "reported" but more realistically peddled by the media. When news groups/media know fine well it helps in brainwashing certain individuals because it's always being pumped into their sub-conscious.

10 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

In an ideal world anyone who displays an interest in terrorism would be incarcerated, however such is the way of the CPS it needs to be beyond all reasonable doubt that there conspiring to commit a terror related offence. 

It needs to change, it's a bald and possible Ill thought way of thinking, but 22 people dead..at a concert...children, families......when you boil it down the the basic facts the risk of loosing multiple people for the sake of hard evidence surely should be considered....

No no no no no.  Our whole notion of justice would be in ruins if you follow this logic. 

i know election campaigning is currently suspended indefinitely and listening to Stephen Pienaar they have to show that "we do not let this stop democracy" but this is a huge attack and emotions will be red raw for a long time. Anyone that comes out and starts campaigning first will be villified. They really should push the election back a month at least in my eyes. 

2 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

i know election campaigning is currently suspended indefinitely and listening to Stephen Pienaar they have to show that "we do not let this stop democracy" but this is a huge attack and emotions will be red raw for a long time. Anyone that comes out and starts campaigning first will be villified. They really should push the election back a month at least in my eyes. 

If they push the election back a month the Tories may just lose...

Archived