Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Manchester Arena blast

It's just best to avoid social media at times like this and watch the news instead. 

It's just filled with absolute crap like the "Stop killing people you twats" flag, Katie Hopkins,  #prayforwhatever, random muslims condemning the attacks and the very worst is the "this is what they want you to do!". It's such a load of shit. 

12 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

This world is shit. You should never go to a concert and not return home that shouldn't be a thing. Ffs were literally living in hell. 

We're actually living in the most peaceful era in human history. We just live in an age where everything is reported on. 

My daughter-in-law and granddaughter (11) were at the concert. Thankfully, they got out safely. But how will it **** up their minds. Then you think about the unlucky ones - maimed or killed - and the effect on their rellies/friends. The phrase 'my heart goes out to then" is often overused, but it has never hit me as poignantly as it has this morning.

Incredibly sad, whenever kids are involved it breaks my heart.  As a regular concert goer it has made me think twice which of course it shouldn't.

I'm just trying to comprehend how someone could do such a thing.

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

My daughter-in-law and granddaughter (11) were at the concert. Thankfully, they got out safely. But how will it **** up their minds. Then you think about the unlucky ones - maimed or killed - and the effect on their rellies/friends. The phrase 'my heart goes out to then" is often overused, but it has never hit me as poignantly as it has this morning.

Glad to hear they're safe at the very least

58 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

This is the most logical thing to do but also for some reason the most unpopular.  Apparantly tens of thousands of innocent people dying in the middle east at the hands of western military action has absolutely no connection to these attacks.

Crazy stuff.

Well it appears connected in that the ISIL scum have operated in the power vacuum we caused.  I think suggesting they attack us because we invaded Iraq many years ago is frankly nonsense.  They attack us because it makes them feel important when they are anything but.  They offer zero threat to us in any other way, they are militarily pathetic, their beliefs are laughable and doomed to failure.  When your options are this shit and you are losing since the day anyone bothered to take you even slightly seriously in the middle east, you do horrible desperate pathetic shit like last night.  

3 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Glad to hear they are safe.  I would seriously be looking into counselling right now.  

Only just seen this so dont know what happened. I agree with Igfualol even though it does not seem like it. No doubt someone on Facebook will want to ban the Burka and think that by doing so these attacks will stop.

18 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Well it appears connected in that the ISIL scum have operated in the power vacuum we caused.  I think suggesting they attack us because we invaded Iraq many years ago is frankly nonsense.  They attack us because it makes them feel important when they are anything but.  They offer zero threat to us in any other way, they are militarily pathetic, their beliefs are laughable and doomed to failure.  When your options are this shit and you are losing since the day anyone bothered to take you even slightly seriously in the middle east, you do horrible desperate pathetic shit like last night.  

Nobody said the reason they attack is because we invaded Iraq.  Just that those actions make it easier to recruit and ultimately justify.

This is an ideology and we do nothing to help break it.

22 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

This is pretty much the most accurate description of civilian targeting acts of terror you'll find.

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This is pretty much the most accurate description of civilian targeting acts of terror you'll find.

I agree. It is a small group who occasionally convert others to do their dirty work for them. The leaders are too cowardly to do it themselves.

3 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Listening to stories on 5 live. I'm almost crying every few mins. Hearing how these young kids (similar ages to mine) have been exposed to something like this is heartbreaking. 

Yes it is rather hard to listen to.

Music will forever be one of the worlds most beautiful creations. Concerts your favourite acts put on provide a chance to escape the realities of life for a few hours, allowing you to experience an event that creates memories for a lifetime.

But instead of coming home with smiles on their faces, today families will wake up without their children.

Parents will be left attempting to come to terms with the fact that their baby's chance to grow up and live their lives to the fullest has been taken away, for the crime of doing nothing more than spending a night hoping to experience what should've been the joy of watching their favourite artist perform. 

While every terrorist act is the epitome of evil and an indefinable level of cowardice, the mindset of someone willing to actively set out to take the lives of children reaches a level of evil that is indescribable.

But it's through these events that the true heart and courage that has laid the foundations of cities like Manchester shines through.

When this event is spoken about in future, the fearlessness of the first responders, the hotels and citizens opening businesses and homes to ensure the safety of strangers and the taxi drivers helping to reunite victims with loved ones are the stories that should be remembered, as they show that the evil imitations of human beings that orchestrate these horrendous acts will never achieve their aim.

This isn't to say that the heroism on display from Manchester's citizens can ever change the fact that 22 innocents lost their lives or ever come close to taking away the pain felt by victims and loved ones.

But what it can do is serve as a reminder that organisations like ISIS can never defeat the heart, heroism, unity and togetherness that has laid the foundations of the worlds great cities.

So if you're lucky enough to wake up today and your loved ones are as well, take a moment to hug them a little tighter.

Hold them a little longer and tell them what they mean to you.

Because today so many people don't have the chance to do that anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

I agree. It is a small group who occasionally convert others to do their dirty work for them. The leaders are too cowardly to do it themselves.

I wouldn't exactly call them small...  no where near the majority, for sure, but not small either.. they have the people l, finances and ability to attack in any country in the world...

Police now evacuating the area around the Arndale Centre. Fingers crossed it's just a precaution or a suspicious package with nothing in it, similar to the other one last night.

Reports of shots fired and one man arrested....Though that's just from one witness report. Nothing official yet.

13 minutes ago, Benguin said:

100's seen running from Arndale shopping centre just now, police cordoning off. No news as to why yet

13 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Police now evacuating the area around the Arndale Centre. Fingers crossed it's just a precaution or a suspicious package with nothing in it, similar to the other one last night.

Reports of shots fired and one man arrested....Though that's just from one witness report. Nothing official yet.

this will be the journo's and everyone around the city being skittish right now. understandably so. 

5 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

this will be the journo's and everyone around the city being skittish right now. understandably so. 

Maybe so, but you'd think there would be some form of substance for the police to evacuate the area. The witness report saying they heard shots could well be purely down to nerves etc, when you convince yourself you heard something but probably didn't.

The Arndale Centre is re-opening now anyway, and still awaiting confirmation of what happened. 

EDIT: Whether it's linked to what just happened or not (it may well be due to the timing), a 23 year old man has been arrested in connection to last nights bombing.

Just now, Darkon84 said:

Maybe so, but you'd think there would be some form of substance for the police to evacuate the area. The witness report saying they heard shots could well be purely down to nerves etc, when you convince yourself you heard something but probably didn't.

The Arndale Centre is re-opening now anyway, and still awaiting confirmation of what happened. 

police after a terrorist incident go into the "better safe than sorry" mode. if someone leaves a school bag somewhere by accident they will evacuate. 

I am not saying that any act of terror is any better or worse than others but this one has really hit me quite hard. The fact it's so close to home, involving youngsters and it occurred at a gig - I attend so many gigs, makes it even more sickening if that's even possible.

Now what? We will be told that the suspect was known. They will have a meeting and discuss it. Nothing will be done and we go back to reality until next time. I honestly don't know what the answer is to stop these horrific events but something has to be done.

Archived