Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

Just missed out on elite 2 in SBs for last week. Would have been my first time getting it. Would have had it if I hadn't skipped a few matches.

Got my usual elite 3. Only notable player from the packs was a MOTM Polish player I'd never heard of. He doesn't sell so it was a quick 14K at least.

Already at 50 goals from TOTS Vardy :scarf:

14 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Just missed out on elite 2 in SBs for last week. Would have been my first time getting it. Would have had it if I hadn't skipped a few matches.

Got my usual elite 3. Only notable player from the packs was a MOTM Polish player I'd never heard of. He doesn't sell so it was a quick 14K at least.

There's an exploit when playing against the AI using Legacy Defending on Legendary difficulty. Pause in-game, switch controller settings to Legacy Defending. When the AI has the ball, hold R2, X and O for two of your players to automatically press and tackle your opponent. You do have to manually select your players using L1 though. If you're winning or drawing after around 70 mins, the AI will go ultra attacking and change formation. When that happens, give the AI a corner and run one of your attackers up the pitch to counter attack them.

Aim to score 5 goals, get 60%+ possession, 10 shots on target and try to get 10 corners to get the most points, in that order.

Used this to get Elite 2 without even playing a lot of my matches last week.

Edited by duk3nuk3m
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, duk3nuk3m said:

There's an exploit when playing against the AI using Legacy Defending on Legendary difficulty. Pause in-game, switch controller settings to Legacy Defending. When the AI has the ball, hold R2, X and O for two of your players to automatically press and tackle your opponent. You do have to manually select your players using L1 though. If you're winning after 70 mins, the AI will go ultra attacking and change formation. When that happens, give the AI a corner and run one of your attackers up the pitch to counter attack them.

Aim to score 5 goals, get 60%+ possession and try to get 10 corners to get the most points.

Used this to get Elite 2 without even playing a lot of my matches last week.

I appreciate the tip. That being said, I couldn't be arsed to do that. I actually like just playing the AI and I'm okay when they beat me lol

I'll put that to use though if I don't have the time to play as much.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, spacemunky said:

What difficulty do you play on? After playing 3 games on professional today to get the 11 goals by league 2 players for the tots akinfenwa I can safely say professional is harder than Legendary which is absolutely mental lol... trying to put my league 2 striker through every time might have been a contributing factor but the ai players just seemed to knock the ball around me for fun

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

What difficulty do you play on? After playing 3 games on professional today to get the 11 goals by league 2 players for the tots akinfenwa I can safely say professional is harder than Legendary which is absolutely mental lol... trying to put my league 2 striker through every time might have been a contributing factor but the ai players just seemed to knock the ball around me for fun

I think it depends on the rating of your team vs the AI team in regards to the difficulty. Least that's always been my theory with EA sports games.

I play on Pro if the squad I'm against is above mine, which I normally keep at around 83. 

Otherwise I play legendary which I can win no problem against the weaker teams but it's a battle if it's even sides.

Once and awhile when I've had some bad results I'll switch to semi pro for a match just so i can thump the opposition :D

I'm not the best Fifa player though ;)

12 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I appreciate the tip. That being said, I couldn't be arsed to do that. I actually like just playing the AI and I'm okay when they beat me lol

I'll put that to use though if I don't have the time to play as much.

Thanks!

No problem. I saw a Youtube video last week which talked you through it, can't for the life of me remember which one. I solely tried it last week just to see how well it worked and I was regularly winning 4-1 or 5-2 against the strongest teams and averaging between 2200 - 2600 points per match.

The main thing to remember is to keep possession, especially in the 1st half, even if that means going into halftime at 0-0. When the AI does start to press higher up the pitch in the 2nd half, that's when gaps appear in their defence and should be much easier to score. Also, make sure you have good wingers on the bench, switch to the 3-4-2-1 and bring them on in the 2nd half. Having 2 sets of overlapping wingers on each flank is OP when attacking.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I think it depends on the rating of your team vs the AI team in regards to the difficulty. Least that's always been my theory with EA sports games.

I play on Pro if the squad I'm against is above mine, which I normally keep at around 83. 

Otherwise I play legendary which I can win no problem against the weaker teams but it's a battle if it's even sides.

Once and awhile when I've had some bad results I'll switch to semi pro for a match just so i can thump the opposition :D

I'm not the best Fifa player though ;)

11 hours ago, dbtcity said:

If your gonna take sb seriously, you may as well play on legendary imo.

Keep playing, even if your losing. Sooner or later you'll master the method of beating the ai on legendary. 

Honestly fake shots and low drivens are broken in the game. Back post headers are also effective. 

I'm not a great player either, but fake shots are all i need in sb.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mrfox452 said:

If your gonna take sb seriously, you may as well play on legendary imo.

Keep playing, even if your losing. Sooner or later you'll master the method of beating the ai on legendary. 

Honestly fake shots and low drivens are broken in the game. Back post headers are also effective. 

I'm not a great player either, but fake shots are all i need in sb.

Add ball rolls to that and you’re pretty much golden 

Hi Guys,

I know we are all playing this game and constantly finding things that make our brow furrow, our shoulders shrug and we utter the phrase....”what the ****?”

So here is one from me that happens very often and for a long long time, I just couldn’t be bothered to ask.

What do I do when the opponents players can run faster than my guys will kick the ball. Usually it is when defending and there attackers just get to my player receieving the ball and take it straight off him. I do also mean the player that tackles him will be the player who was next to the guy who passes the ball directly before. I have tried holding the button down for longer to kick it harder but nothing. It seems like you just have a time where you can’t get it forward simply because the pace of the ball and the pace the guys react to you saying kick it mate. 

Any help?

8 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Hi Guys,

I know we are all playing this game and constantly finding things that make our brow furrow, our shoulders shrug and we utter the phrase....”what the ****?”

So here is one from me that happens very often and for a long long time, I just couldn’t be bothered to ask.

What do I do when the opponents players can run faster than my guys will kick the ball. Usually it is when defending and there attackers just get to my player receieving the ball and take it straight off him. I do also mean the player that tackles him will be the player who was next to the guy who passes the ball directly before. I have tried holding the button down for longer to kick it harder but nothing. It seems like you just have a time where you can’t get it forward simply because the pace of the ball and the pace the guys react to you saying kick it mate. 

Any help?

Any footage might help us if you can? 

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Traded Busquests(92) and 15k for Doucoure. 

Not bad. Will try again if the SBC comes out. 

Pray for Vards

Didn’t know you could do it again 

just done it again now

cheers ?

Fits well with callejon

CF8FCBB6-6FDC-408C-87CD-EBC93667830D.jpeg

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Didn’t know you could do it again 

just done it again now

cheers ?

Fits well with callejon

CF8FCBB6-6FDC-408C-87CD-EBC93667830D.jpeg

Yeah second time it's been out now it'll probably come out Thursday again?

I realised my thing about the passing was just in some games. Some games everything seems slower and others it doesn’t. Guess that is just Fifa for you. I am curious if there is any setting for selecting the player to control that is helpful. I try LT and I try flicking the left trigger but Jesus I can never control the player with any chance of getting the tackle in. Their left winger was breaking with the ball and it selected my striker at the opposite end of the pitch. Then I tried to use the flick to get back but it wouldn’t select through the players quick enough so that I could control someone before they scored. There must be a setting for this otherwise it is just a game of luck. Any help?