Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Love Island

• 4 months later...

Caroline has announced she is stepping down as the presenter of Love Island. caroline said she would not present the shows sixth season "in order to not detract attention " from the new series after she was arrested and charged with assault.

Apparently she has been copping a lot of Flack! :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

back this weekend. can’t see this series being much, or getting many viewers. overkill. 

still going to be watching though. rochelle off of the saturdays sister is in it and looks identical to rochelle. and lewis capaldi’s ex girl. pretty desperate, tenuous links to celebs as per. 

On 08/01/2020 at 12:18, ScouseFox said:

back this weekend. can’t see this series being much, or getting many viewers. overkill. 

still going to be watching though. rochelle off of the saturdays sister is in it and looks identical to rochelle. and lewis capaldi’s ex girl. pretty desperate, tenuous links to celebs as per. 

Why are they doing this?Have ITV2 got something massive in store for its usual spot in the summer?Seems very odd.

2 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Why are they doing this?Have ITV2 got something massive in store for its usual spot in the summer?Seems very odd.

Supposedly with celebrity big brother ending they see a gap in the market for a show like this in winter. However I think one of the things that destroyed big brother was that it was on too much and was over done. I really hope Love Island doesn't go the same way because it's a great show.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Supposedly with celebrity big brother ending they see a gap in the market for a show like this in winter. However I think one of the things that destroyed big brother was that it was on too much and was over done. I really hope Love Island doesn't go the same way because it's a great show.

Yes I guessed it had something to do with filling the cbb slot.Love island however is a summer show.I hope they don’t start having 2 series each year either.

27 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Yes I guessed it had something to do with filling the cbb slot.Love island however is a summer show.I hope they don’t start having 2 series each year either.

I think it could have been better if they had done it slightly differently rather than just a copy. Might have been cool to of tried it in an alpine resort in the cold just to mix it up a bit. Think ski dates and hot tubs.

15 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think it could have been better if they had done it slightly differently rather than just a copy. Might have been cool to of tried it in an alpine resort in the cold just to mix it up a bit. Think ski dates and hot tubs.

Yes thats a great idea.The shows insurers might disagree though☹️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

It was a good show in the realm of what it is. I switched off half way through 2018s because it went on for far too long and I got bored, it should be six weeks at a push. Too many folk going in that do the reality TV circuit, the spin off show comes about, it gets milked to within an inch of its life and it loses what makes it good.

Didn't bother at all with the last series and didn't miss it. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just saw this.

Not gonna boycott it but I'll just hope he gets pied off and voted out early.

I’d be a complete hypocrite if I watched it. Animal cruelty per se is one of my absolute hates. I’d be listening to the posh twat and wanting to put my foot through the tele

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’d be a complete hypocrite if I watched it. Animal cruelty per se is one of my absolute hates. I’d be listening to the posh twat and wanting to put my foot through the tele

I do that anyway regardless of the animal cruelty tendencies they may have lol 

7 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It was a good show in the realm of what it is. I switched off half way through 2018s because it went on for far too long and I got bored, it should be six weeks at a push. Too many folk going in that do the reality TV circuit, the spin off show comes about, it gets milked to within an inch of its life and it loses what makes it good.

Didn't bother at all with the last series and didn't miss it. 

2016 and 2017 were sensational tele. 2018 was quite good but it was bound to get boring because jack and dani had won it after about 3 days. still some good characters in it though. 2019 was probably the worst of the lot but still very watchable once you were involved.

two series a year, if they're both going to be 8 weeks long is just way too much. especially seen as they are seemingly the exact same format. like someone else said, it would've been gimmicky and probably not changed much but a "winter" love island that was actually filmed somewhere "wintery" would've made a change. 

like all tv programmes it'll die a death. big brother was an absolute sensation and every episode was a must watch and a lot of people genuinely watched live streams of it for hours every day. but by the time channel 4 sacked it off most people were bored. that's just what happens. x factor was the same. there will be something new out soon and it will take over once again i'd assume. 

still sad "are you the one?" never made it to british mainstream tele. the best idea for a show by miles. but probably only american contestants are stupid enough to fall for the whole charade.