Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Mendy

2 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Who would you rather have as DoF,Rudkin or Walsh? Simple really isn't it.The ending of the window will determine whether it's been good or bad.

Sure, I'd rather have Walsh, but who would you rather have heading recruitment this season, Claudio or Rudkin? All the interviews Claudio gave indicate he was the one choosing the groceries.

I guess I just don't see what Rudkin has done to deserve so much stick, all I have seen so far has been good business. Stealing a march on the Tots for Maguire plus his price is worth a season's grace in itself, IMO.

4 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

How do you work that out? He wasn't a free transfer and his value won't increase while he's sat on his backside? 

I expect that a player with very recent Prem Leave experience showing him an above avg keeper will retain value, prices continue to increase in the Prem, and prices increase in direct proportion to the annual desperation of potential relegation in January.

Don't forget, Jakupovic was cheap, and we made a profit on Zieler despite him being awful for us. I expect it would take one or two shrewd situational starts against weaker attacks to gift Jak a clean sheet or two to remind teams what he can do, and their hope will take care of the rest.

And even if I'm wrong, the money is so small, who cares?

43 minutes ago, Gtfox said:

Hamer is being given every opportunity so the club can move him on. He is not ahead of Jakupovic. Several clubs were watching him at Sheffield.

CS becoming very 'NFP' in his responses to questions.

Are you guessing or do you know this?

4 hours ago, vanity said:

Sure, I'd rather have Walsh, but who would you rather have heading recruitment this season, Claudio or Rudkin? All the interviews Claudio gave indicate he was the one choosing the groceries.

I guess I just don't see what Rudkin has done to deserve so much stick, all I have seen so far has been good business. Stealing a march on the Tots for Maguire plus his price is worth a season's grace in itself, IMO.

Go on then you've proved your point,he's doing better than last year and as you say it does look like it was Ranieri who made all those shit signings,I'm still hanging in there on slimani though.

38 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Go on then you've proved your point,he's doing better than last year and as you say it does look like it was Ranieri who made all those shit signings,I'm still hanging in there on slimani though.

I admit, I'm an optimist, I may be seeing things half-full, that's probably why I commented. Can bite me in the ass at times. But I'm genuinely pretty happy to see real contributors added this season, and for reasonable prices. In any event, whatever we each think of Rudkin, I know we both hope all these lads work out, no matter who is picking them.

And for the record, I very much want to see us find a way to get Slimani and Vardy and Nacho on the field together, preferably with Mahrez, though even with Gray would work. We've seen Shakey go to a 3-forward line a few times since 2H vs. Athletico Madrid, I feel like that could really unlock things against the weaker teams, allow us to begin having fewer one goal wins/draws against inferior teams. So I'm not giving up on Slim yet either.

12 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Mendy does not want to be at the club so why are people saying give him a chance. He wont get the game time currently and is and has been looking for other options.

He has to go down as the worst signing in our clubs history based on fee, salary and games played surely and I for one will be happy to see the back of him.

Hardly his fault his ankle got wrecked 2 games in!

7 hours ago, Gtfox said:

Hamer is being given every opportunity so the club can move him on. He is not ahead of Jakupovic. Several clubs were watching him at Sheffield.

CS becoming very 'NFP' in his responses to questions.

Lets hope they missed the part where he realised he had left his beard trimmer on and let that one in.

1 hour ago, Worthington said:

I know Summer 2016 was a bit of a disaster, signings wise, but the last two windows seem to suggest we're moving in the right direction!

In N'Didi, Maguire and Iheanacho we have what we've all been screaming out for.....3 young players, with bags of potential who could prove to be the 'spine' of our future progress!

Add to that Iborra and Jakupovic, (both of whom may prove to be shrewd additions), and we ain't done too bad !

Don't care who arranges or finalises deals.....we're doing OK !

Re the Iborra signing, we need more like it. Everyone always wants the young prospects who are good enough to start and who will appreciate in value, like a Harry Maguire or a Riyad Mahrez or Demari Gray. But the older players who get pushed out each season as teams like Man City or PSG or Man U. bring in new young players -- we need to be active for those players too. We are going to struggle to keep the younger elite talents we find, but working to identify older players on unfortunate salaries who we can acquire at a discount is a market we can throw our weight around in. Whatever competitive advantages we can cultivate, we need to do it.

On 24/08/2017 at 09:26, murphy said:

I think it is a question of two attitudes.

James has earned respect and loyalty from the fans and has climbed a mountain to get back to top flight football.  Inspirational in fact.

Mendy on the other hand, has shown no desire to repay the faith and investment that the club has shown him.  Gets injured for most of the season and instead of trying to show us what he can do when he recovers and accept the premier league challenge, he wants to scurry off home at the first opportunity whinging through social media as he goes.

He can fck the fck off.  

Jeez what a ****ing moronic comment 

2 minutes ago, polarbear said:

Jeez what a ****ing moronic comment 

Why?  What is inaccurate?

Is it moronic to be disappointed in Mendy's lack of desire to play for us?  Or his social media whining?

What a well thought out and articulate counter argument you have put forward.

What social media moaning? 

And how can you claim he's not showing the desire to get back into playing behind the scenes?

The fact he's kept trying to come back and get back playing last season suggests he does have the desire. The fact he kept getting injured is more of a mismanagement from our physios perhaps 

In 15 mins the other night he came on and looked quicker and leaner than he did than all his rushed recoveries last year 

If he's got himself fit to get a move away or to prove himself in the prem that still shows desire 

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

Why?  What is inaccurate?

Is it moronic to be disappointed in Mendy's lack of desire to play for us?  Or his social media whining?

What a well thought out and articulate counter argument you have put forward.

I've only heard what his agent said.

Has he been at it as well?

Just now, polarbear said:

What social media moaning? 

And how can you claim he's not showing the desire to get back into playing behind the scenes?

The fact he's kept trying to come back and get back playing last season suggests he does have the desire. The fact he kept getting injured is more of a mismanagement from our physios perhaps 

In 15 mins the other night he came on and looked quicker and leaner than he did than all his rushed recoveries last year 

If he's got himself fit to get a move away or to prove himself in the prem that still shows desire 

Have you been living in a cupboard under the stairs?

Did you miss the bit about being "obssessed" with playing for Bordeaux whilst picking up his fat wages for doing nothing from us.  I could find more if I could be bothered but he has been angling for a move away all summer.

Total lack of respect for the club.  Shameful lack of desire to prove himself for us.  We are the challenge he accepted and was well rewarded for.  How can he just walk away from that.

You might be a Mendy fan but I'm a Leicester fan and the sooner he fcks off the better.

7 minutes ago, notnow john said:

I've only heard what his agent said.

Has he been at it as well?

Well his agent wouldn't have said anything without mendy's approval and it was mendy himself who said he was obsessed with playing for Bordeaux.

Not obsessed with trying to get back into the team you'll notice.  

i have no time for the little runt.

24 minutes ago, murphy said:

Lets look at it another way. A player who got injured in his first game and struggled to get any fitness after that is needlessly slated on forums AND in ground, where there were audible grumbles about him if his name got read out. What if that player picks up on this, whether by seeing / hearing it himself or someone mentions it to him.

That's all quite possible... how would you feel if that was you? I'd probably want to go back home as well and get away from our ridiculous fan base as quickly as possible. The needless slating of our own players has been nothing short of a disgrace.

Any of them wanting to get out of here is more than justified in wanting to do so.

Just read what was said but take that in the context of what babylon mentioned above + the fact he wasn't in the best frame of mind from being constantly injured. I think if and whilst he's here at we'll see a different Mendy especially now that his recoverey is on a better path 

No point bringing the happy to take his wages line - we were prepared to offer it at the time 

I'm neither for or against Mendy I just don't thibk hes had a proper spell to assess him 

The away cup game to everton last season there were obvious flashes of a good player there 

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Well his agent wouldn't have said anything without mendy's approval and it was mendy himself who said he was obsessed with playing for Bordeaux.

Not obsessed with trying to get back into the team you'll notice.  

i have no time for the little runt.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Lets look at it another way. A player who got injured in his first game and struggled to get any fitness after that is needlessly slated on forums AND in ground, where there were audible grumbles about him if his name got read out. What if that player picks up on this, whether by seeing / hearing it himself or someone mentions it to him.

That's all quite possible... how would you feel if that was you? I'd probably want to go back home as well and get away from our ridiculous fan base as quickly as possible. The needless slating of our own players has been nothing short of a disgrace.

Well I don't defend the fact that he might have been slated in the past for being injured.  I am slating him for his attitude now.

We will be about £16mn in for him including wages for zero return.  wouldn't you expect him to show some desire to prove himself and repay the clubs faith in him?  I would.

That is what disappoints me.

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

Well I don't defend the fact that he might have been slated in the past for being injured.  I am slating him for his attitude now.

We will be about £16mn in for him including wages for zero return.  wouldn't you expect him to show some desire to prove himself and repay the clubs faith in him?  I would.

That is what disappoints me.

But his attitude could be as a direct consequence of what's gone on. Each person is different, some will want to prove everyone wrong and stick two fingers up. Others would perhaps just go back to somewhere where they might be given a chance.

I don't particularly agree with him going public, but I can't blame him for feeling that way.

Just now, Babylon said:

But his attitude could be as a direct consequence of what's gone on. Each person is different, some will want to prove everyone wrong and stick two fingers up. Others would perhaps just go back to somewhere where they might be given a chance.

I think we'll agree to differ on this one.

I prefer the kind of players that show the desire and character to prove themselves rather than the type that will be so willing to chuck it in.  I think he owes us.

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think we'll agree to differ on this one.

I prefer the kind of players that show the desire and character to prove themselves rather than the type that will be so willing to chuck it in.  I think he owes us.

Has there been anything from CS to suggest that Mendy is even in his thoughts and plans? Genuine question.

Personally I'd like him to be given a chance to show what he has to offer. He's not at fault for his injuries and once he was signed he had the almighty task of living up to Kante, which ultimately would never have worked out for him even if he was fit for the full season.

However, if CS doesn't fancy him or rely on him then maybe he's within his right to ask for a move away. This is the same for any of our fringe players.

On ‎24‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 11:41, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Time may make you right but of those 4 at the moment, 2 are injured and 1 can not get in ahead of Ben Hamer...

Yeah, because Rudders went at their ankles with his studs flying. You seriously holding it on him? Good god...

And anyone who saw Jakupovic play, would have come the same conclusion. Very good back up and great signing. Why he's not getting on the bench is something no one really knows.

Archived