Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Mendy

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Another dross signing. There's been a few recently.

Nearly £30m between Mendy and Musa. Both now offloaded a year after signing for us.

2016 was dreadful window.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Nearly £30m between Mendy and Musa. Both now offloaded a year after signing for us.

2016 was dreadful window.

And people say it wasn't? God knows how they reach that conclusion. As you rightly say, we paid a lot of money for players we are now just offloading. Slimani even, is not nailed on for first team action.

Somebody should be held accountable. They won't be, of course, but they should be. In pure business terms, it was a disaster.

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

We must buy more, we'll have a smaller squad than last year ffs 

Did you not see the reserve team we put out against Sheff Utd?

We quantity in most positions, it's quality what we really want.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

And people say it wasn't? God knows how they reach that conclusion. As you rightly say, we paid a lot of money for players we are now just offloading. Slimani even, is not nailed on for first team action.

Somebody should be held accountable. They won't be, of course, but they should be. In pure business terms, it was a disaster.

You're right someone should be held accountable.

We spent like a drunk in a strip club. Considering the amount of people employed to scout and assess stats, etc it's utterly amazing how badly wrong it can be.

To be fair to him he played for 50 minutes got injured and then had complications and setbacks all through the season.

It's not worked out for him here but I think we never had the chance to see him at his best.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What % of accountability applies to Shakey? 50%

4 minutes ago, Livid said:

To be fair to him he played for 50 minutes got injured and then had complications and setbacks all through the season.

It's not worked out for him here but I think we never had the chance to see him at his best.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not apportioning any blame to Mendy. He got injured. That's how it is. That's not his fault and I presume he's as pissed off as the rest of us that he hasn't played much. Probably more so.

However, it still can be seen as nothing other than a complete disaster of a signing.

38 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The single most laughable bit of a way to waste money. Pay them £13mil, get next to nothing from them, loan him back there.

Pats on the back all round :rolleyes:

Do you know the loan terms? Are they paying his full wages and did we get a loan fee?

Archived