Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Mendy

7 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Yeah, because Rudders went at their ankles with his studs flying. You seriously holding it on him? Good god...

And anyone who saw Jakupovic play, would have come the same conclusion. Very good back up and great signing. Why he's not getting on the bench is something no one really knows.

Are you seriously using my quote as serious.  I take it that tongue in cheek comments don't translate well to Germany... lol

4 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Are you seriously using my quote as serious.  I take it that tongue in cheek comments don't translate well to Germany... lol

It translates alright, but I've read so many awkward posts here. You never know...

22 hours ago, vanity said:

Sure, I'd rather have Walsh, but who would you rather have heading recruitment this season, Claudio or Rudkin? All the interviews Claudio gave indicate he was the one choosing the groceries.

I guess I just don't see what Rudkin has done to deserve so much stick, all I have seen so far has been good business. Stealing a march on the Tots for Maguire plus his price is worth a season's grace in itself, IMO.

I'm not on either side of the argument.

Does Rudkin select the targets?

Or does he over see matters and fill the forms in. In which case I'm not sure he should be getting praise for that! 

Is Shakey choosing his own targets? 

Plus I thought we had this Spanish guy (Macia?) who does the scouting. 

Unless we know the true answers to these questions we don't have a clue who we should be ? and who we should be slating.

55 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Has there been anything from CS to suggest that Mendy is even in his thoughts and plans? Genuine question.

Personally I'd like him to be given a chance to show what he has to offer. He's not at fault for his injuries and once he was signed he had the almighty task of living up to Kante, which ultimately would never have worked out for him even if he was fit for the full season.

However, if CS doesn't fancy him or rely on him then maybe he's within his right to ask for a move away. This is the same for any of our fringe players.

I read it the other way.  That he is not in CS plans because he wants away.

All the talk about moving has come from the Mendy camp.

21 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

How on earth has someone developed a vendetta against Mendy ffs lol

Swinging wildly into the wind

Expressing diappointment at a player that wants to leave without even trying to get back into the team and saying he is 'obsessed' with moving to Bordeaux whilst picking up his wages from us is a vendetta is it?  

I don't really understand the mentality of LCFC fans putting this flake of a player before the club.

16 minutes ago, murphy said:

I read it the other way.  That he is not in CS plans because he wants away.

All the talk about moving has come from the Mendy camp.

I must admit that I don't read into speculation surrounding our players but from his point of view, Matty James is currently in front of him. Drinkwater, should he stay certainly is and then we have signed Iborra. If the club had faith in him,  maybe wouldn't have signed Iborra. Clearly N'didi is first choice. So he has to fight it out for one position, based on how we tend to play. Perhaps he wants away because he wants to re-ignite his career?

If he wants to move then so be it. He doesn't owe us anything and neither do we as a club to him. If anything you could question the clubs pre-signing medicals and wonder how this ankle injury wasn't picked up at the time. Plenty of signings don't work out. We can't miss something we never had.

20 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

I must admit that I don't read into speculation surrounding our players but from his point of view, Matty James is currently in front of him. Drinkwater, should he stay certainly is and then we have signed Iborra. If the club had faith in him,  maybe wouldn't have signed Iborra. Clearly N'didi is first choice. So he has to fight it out for one position, based on how we tend to play. Perhaps he wants away because he wants to re-ignite his career?

If he wants to move then so be it. He doesn't owe us anything and neither do we as a club to him. If anything you could question the clubs pre-signing medicals and wonder how this ankle injury wasn't picked up at the time. Plenty of signings don't work out. We can't miss something we never had.

Wilf and James are our only two fit CMs at the mo.  I don't think Amartey and King are any more than squad players, so how do you know James is ahead of him?  Competition is something that any player will face anywhere and Mendy was talking about moving long before pre season.

James in fact is an example to Mendy.  Someone who has never quit in his struggle to get back to the first team.  That's what I wanted to see from Mendy because it shows courage, determination and character.

As to owing us.  I disagree here.  If you have picked up about £3mn in wages for 4 league appearances you should feel that you owe something to the club.

Anyway, sooner he goes the better for all parties.  As you say, some signings don't work out.

22 minutes ago, murphy said:

Wilf and James are our only two fit CMs at the mo.  I don't think Amartey and King are any more than squad players, so how do you know James is ahead of him?  Competition is something that any player will face anywhere and Mendy was talking about moving long before pre season.

James in fact is an example to Mendy.  Someone who has never quit in his struggle to get back to the first team.  That's what I wanted to see from Mendy because it shows courage, determination and character.

As to owing us.  I disagree here.  If you have picked up about £3mn in wages for 4 league appearances you should feel that you owe something to the club.

Anyway, sooner he goes the better for all parties.  As you say, some signings don't work out.

Did you loan Mendy some money

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Hence why I said James is in front of him currently. I base that on the fact James has started the first two league games and hasn't performed badly. I agree regarding competition and it's something I want to see at Leicester but what about my point regarding Drinkwater and the signing of Iborra? It would look from the outside that he's behind them in the pecking order.

I don't know about the ins and outs of the club. What's the basis of your theory that Mendy hasn't showed courage, determination or character? The fact that his agent has suggested he wants to move?

Look at it from another angle - Gray want's game time so requests to move elsewhere. Should he just stay and fight for his place or because he hasn't been injured, he doesn't owe the club anything?

Unfortunately in football injuries happen and moves don't work out. I must admit on Tuesday night Mendy came on and looked fitter and sharper than he did this time last year but it begs the question, if he didn't come on as a sub, would anyone even be bothered if we got rid of him?

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I feel we should see what he can do and then make a decision on him in the winter transfer window. Crazy to let him go when we really haven't seen him play.

agree - he has good reviews for his playing in France ., but we just don't know if he can hack the pl (- I expect he can);  we are a couple of injuries or suspensions away form needing him for sure - or if he is minded he can work on his weaknesses and force himself into the team (rather than scuttle off to Bordeaux); hold him and see - is we sell in a year then prices will be higher anyway! 

Just now, happy85 said:

Indykaila on twitter 

Exclusive: Nampalys Mendy to OGC Nice. DONE #LCFC

Close the thread, IndyKaila has paused frying chicken for a few seconds to share his information.

Archived