Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Mendy

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

Aren't you the bloke who said we'd signed Andros Townsend like 2 weeks ago?

No. 

I said we had irons in the fire for him and Hurst. We do.string enquiries, with potential to move quickly on both.

Lots depends on these next few days (as you know) as to whether either is needed at present. 

We are losing Drinkwater, let's keep Mendy for now. He has the skill and touch this team needs desperately in the MF, plus he comes with serious defensive chops. I just don't see why we'd move on from him, I think he may be someone who could eventually start for us this season in some capacity. Certainly if we played a 3-5-2 he could be involved, and I'm a bit curious what he'd look like paired with Ndidi with someone like Iborra playing fwd with two wings. Mendy is more of a DM, but if he is a better passing MF than anyone else we have, I'd let him move fwd to shut down the other side's playmaker, pressure the back line, support Vardy and Shinji by hounding MF outlets, the guy is a smart, smart player, he can do a lot.

Edit: NM, he's headed to Atalanta w/an option to buy. Lock it up, boys.

Mendy does not want to be at the club so why are people saying give him a chance. He wont get the game time currently and is and has been looking for other options.

He has to go down as the worst signing in our clubs history based on fee, salary and games played surely and I for one will be happy to see the back of him.

24 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Still annoys me that we could have had Gueye but Ranieri insisted on Mendy.

That's just speculation. How do you know we didn't try but he preferred to go Everton?

53 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Still annoys me that we could have had Gueye but Ranieri insisted on Mendy.

it annoyed me massively for a entire year

but if we had got Gueye, we wouldn't have bought Ndidi, who then wouldn't have been around to persuade Nacho to join

swings and roundabouts eh

22 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I said way back in pre-season that Mendy would get a chance to show what's he's capable of. He was highly rated by the coaches before the injury last year and he's had a nightmare year rwith the number of surgeries he's had to correct the ankle, which was no fault of his own. It was a nasty accident. People have been horrendous towards him in comparison to how Matty has been treated. 

I think it is a question of two attitudes.

James has earned respect and loyalty from the fans and has climbed a mountain to get back to top flight football.  Inspirational in fact.

Mendy on the other hand, has shown no desire to repay the faith and investment that the club has shown him.  Gets injured for most of the season and instead of trying to show us what he can do when he recovers and accept the premier league challenge, he wants to scurry off home at the first opportunity whinging through social media as he goes.

He can fck the fck off.  

10 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Hence why Ranieri is now managing Nantes and more unfortunate Steve Walsh is DoF at Everton and we have Rudkin.

I'll take the premier league title, Rudkin and Mendy over Gueye and winning **** all for decades any day of the week thanks very much.

3 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

I'll take the premier league title, Rudkin and Mendy over Gueye and winning **** all for decades any day of the week thanks very much.

Yep can't take that away from him,we should all be forever grateful,however we wouldn't have won the league without Kante,a player Ranieri had to be persuaded heavily to buy,Other than Kante we won the league with what we already had,His signings were diabolical.

1 minute ago, Papasmurf said:

your argument would make sense if we hadn't of already won the league before Mendy came and Walsh left. 

32 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Hence why Ranieri is now managing Nantes and more unfortunate Steve Walsh is DoF at Everton and we have Rudkin.

Rudkin has had an outstanding summer, hasn't he? Ibbora, Maguire, Iheanacho, Jakupovic? With Maguire and Jak being outstanding business?

I think he is 4 for 4, adding four starting-quality players. We are further getting excellent prices for a lot of our players -- the Gray money is getting silly, at 25+ million, Drinkwater will be around 35+ million after add-ons, I expect we will move Mahrez for a price we are happy with, and we are presenting to ourselves as a side who won't be turned over just bc a top side comes in for a player, even if the player publicly wants out.

Maybe time to stop slagging off Rudkin? Especially if we close the window strong?

The thing that annoys me about all this Rudkin business is that if it was Steve Walsh at the helm, doing the exact same business, we'd all be saying how shrewd we've been and that we're having a good summer transfer-wise. Think a lot of the hatred/criticism of the bloke is baseless, considering none of us really knows the ins-and-outs of his job, and about the buying and selling of players. I don't have any strong feelings about his performance either way, but a lot of the Rudkin bashing just seems to be because no-one wants to criticise the owners or the manager, and they want a scapegoat for their frustration surrounding transfers and he fits the bill.

7 minutes ago, vanity said:

Rudkin has had an outstanding summer, hasn't he? Ibbora, Maguire, Iheanacho, Jakupovic? With Maguire and Jak being outstanding business?

I think he is 4 for 4, adding four starting-quality players. We are further getting excellent prices for a lot of our players -- the Gray money is getting silly, at 25+ million, Drinkwater will be around 35+ million after add-ons, I expect we will move Mahrez for a price we are happy with, and we are presenting to ourselves as a side who won't be turned over just bc a top side comes in for a player, even if the player publicly wants out.

Maybe time to stop slagging off Rudkin? Especially if we close the window strong?

Time may make you right but of those 4 at the moment, 2 are injured and 1 can not get in ahead of Ben Hamer...

23 minutes ago, vanity said:

Who would you rather have as DoF,Rudkin or Walsh? Simple really isn't it.The ending of the window will determine whether it's been good or bad.

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Time may make you right but of those 4 at the moment, 2 are injured and 1 can not get in ahead of Ben Hamer...

I'll blame recruitment if they take a chance on recently injured players who get injured again. But signing perennially  healthy players who happen to get injured, that sort of thing had an element of randomness to it that is difficult for me to logically put on recruitment.

Though I admit Jakupovic is an odd situation. Fortunately, I expect he is the sort of asset who can be moved on for a tidy profit in the January window regardless of whether he makes an appearance, if Hamer is still ahead of him. He has recent experience looking rather solid, and someone will be facing relegation and sick of watching their keeper letting in goals.

3 minutes ago, vanity said:

I'll blame recruitment if they take a chance on recently injured players who get injured again. But signing perennially  healthy players who happen to get injured, that sort of thing had an element of randomness to it that is difficult for me to logically put on recruitment.

Though I admit Jakupovic is an odd situation. Fortunately, I expect he is the sort of asset who can be moved on for a tidy profit in the January window regardless of whether he makes an appearance, if Hamer is still ahead of him. He has recent experience looking rather solid, and someone will be facing relegation and sick of watching their keeper letting in goals.

How do you work that out? He wasn't a free transfer and his value won't increase while he's sat on his backside? 

Archived