Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

League Cup 2017/2018

That was one of the best League Cup  performances from a lower league team vs a prem team I've ever seen. They were so aggressive going forward and really strong defensively, and the goals were extremely classy (not at all lucky) . I thought Mourinho might give more credit than he did but who cares, BC more than deserved that win. Very entertaining match and I have to say I punched the air when they scored the winner. 

What a great game. To be fair I thought Mourinho spoke really well if you listen to the whole interview.

I was so impressed with the way Bristol City took the game to United and played their own game. This is what I was saying after last night's game, we were way too respectful of Man City last night, we should have approached the game like Briz did tonight. I think for the first half especially yesterday we were in awe of City's reputation rather than just playing the game.

Phil Neville was bang on when he said not enough lower end premier league teams take on the top sides with the belief and aggression that BCFC did. Lessons to be learned there.

45 minutes ago, Magictv said:

Great stuff, live just down the road from ashton gate and heard the roar for the winner.

Awesome stuff

Also, lol at Jose "They were a bit lucky"

If they were lucky then an over paid man united side was fookin trash and should be thrown off a cliff.

Well, now we look even more stupid.

We could be 2 games against Bristol City from reaching Wembley but instead we decided to start with the most pedestrian midfield we could muster, an isolated out of form striker, and several other players who have barely seen the pitch this season against a side our first team could have beaten quite comfortably.

Puel is lucky it's so early in his reign because a lot of managers would be rightly crucified for something like that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

We could be 2 games against Bristol City from reaching Wembley but instead we decided to start with the most pedestrian midfield we could muster, an isolated out of form striker, and several other players who have barely seen the pitch this season against a side our first team could have beaten quite comfortably.

Puel is lucky it's so early in his reign because a lot of managers would be rightly crucified for something like that.

Who would you have started in midfield?

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Blame Ndidi and whoever bodged up the Silva deal for our midfield last night. We had very little alternative.

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Mourinho is so embarrassing now. He's just bland. He isn't funny, he isn't witty, he's just plain bland in every way and some fans / sections of the media weirdly pretend otherwise.

Yes it's strange isn't it. When he first came to the Country he was funny in interviews and his football was superb - those Chelsea sides 04/05 and 05/06 were brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...