Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

League Cup 2017/2018

I wish Martin Tyler would stop going on like English football is the first ever sport to take in video technology.

'that is a sign of the times'. It's been in sport for ages and even been in football for a couple of years. 

Frustrating me how much he's getting excited about every little thing. even fouls which are only worth yellow cards and he's mentioning VAR needlessly. 

Just now, TK95 said:

Martin Atkinson doing VAR the right way. Quick check with the video ref over the earpiece, trusts his decision and moves on.

No need to have to go rewatch it himself

Worries me how long that very simple decision took to make. Fear VAR may take all the pace out of the game. 

The thing for me with VAR is, it's still going to be someone's opinion that decides it at the end of the day. 

Willing to give it time but would prefer it to not be in the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

The thing for me with VAR is, it's still going to be someone's opinion that decides it at the end of the day. 

Willing to give it time but would prefer it to not be in the game. 

I'd argue that it's not being implemented to get rid of all the problems, just the blatantly obvious ones. How many times have we seen an offside goal given when it would literally take 3 seconds to check and award the free kick. 

Just now, Innovindil said:

I'd argue that it's not being implemented to get rid of all the problems, just the blatantly obvious ones. How many times have we seen an offside goal given when it would literally take 3 seconds to check and award the free kick. 

I get all of that. But for instance a penalty decision like Grays against Man City - some would give it as a penalty and others wouldn't. 

Just now, Bert said:

I get all of that. But for instance a penalty decision like Grays against Man City - some would give it as a penalty and others wouldn't. 

hence the phrase 'clear and obvious error'.

So Gray's was given in real time.
VAR would check it.
It was an obvious error.
Decision reversed.

The opposite:

Penalty not given
VAR check.
Not an obvious error.
Decision stays and play continues.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bert said:

presumably the “clear and obvious” part is going to end up similar to “umpires decision” in cricket, things like when morgan was penalised for handball when it him him on the forehead at anfield will be “overturned”, whereas a red card that “looks harsh but we’ve seen them given” will stay with the original decision? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...