Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

Potentially a great appointment for OHL, I would only question 1 thing and that NP's desire. When managers reach the back end of their career (which i think he is at even at the age of 54) they seem to lose that edge/passion. It happens to the best of them even Fergie. I think this could well be NP's last job.

There are a couple of people here banging on negatively about NP that are far worse than I or Col with Cambiasso.Be warned: It earned me a year ban and now limited posting. Let it go guys.

btw You're wrong. NP was great for us.

4 minutes ago, a_k_b said:

Potentially a great appointment for OHL, I would only question 1 thing and that NP's desire. When managers reach the back end of their career (which i think he is at even at the age of 54) they seem to lose that edge/passion. It happens to the best of them even Fergie. I think this could well be NP's last job.

If he gets them promoted he is in the Belgian Premier League... if he puts a decent enough squad together he could be in Europe within three seasons.... (Only have to finish 7th and win in play off rounds for Europa)

Edited by AjcW

4 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

The bloke took us as far as his abilities could, appreciate that, but his melt downs proved it was above his abilities to take us further

That was levelled against him every step, truth is he had one season in the Premier League with an inexperienced squad. To be honest that was half tongue in cheek but we have no idea who well he could do now with the same core but with a lot more experience.

Edited by Finnaldo

6 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

The bloke took us as far as his abilities could, appreciate that, but his melt downs proved it was above his abilities to take us further

People said that in the Championship, proved wrong.

They then said it when we were 20th in the Premier league, again proved wrong.

Edited by MattP

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

If he gets them promoted he is in the Belgian Premier League... if he puts a decent enough squad together he could be in Europe within three seasons.... (Only have to finish 6th for Europa)

It would be great if he did that, certainly put himself in the shop window. Could also end up being cannon fodder with a Belgium team in Europe though. Although I'm sure OHL wouldn't mind that! I just question what are his motives for taking the job? Unfinished business x2?? Time will tell, I wish him all the best whatever happens to him over there.

11 minutes ago, a_k_b said:

I'd argue that he's smack bang in the middle of his career having had the best part of 2 years off after losing the best job he'd ever had for non-footballing reasons and basically through no fault of his own; with 4 months in the middle at a club that wasn't willing to give him the time, resources, trust or even breathing space to do what he knows he can do.

Personally I think this is a perfect appointment for Nigel - it's a new experience in a new country, but it's also a chance for him to build a new dynasty at a new club with owners he knows and clearly still has a great relationship with and knows will grant him everything he needs. What's more I think this will give him redemption on both a personal and professional level

37 minutes ago, a_k_b said:

It would be great if he did that, certainly put himself in the shop window. Could also end up being cannon fodder with a Belgium team in Europe though. Although I'm sure OHL wouldn't mind that! I just question what are his motives for taking the job? Unfinished business x2?? Time will tell, I wish him all the best whatever happens to him over there.

I don't think it will be long before our January business is signing 20 year olds who move straight on loan to OHL. For this to be a success they'll have wanted someone in place that they know works well with developing young players. It might not be a case of what he wants, more, what King Power want and they've used their usual pulling power to get the man in they want to spearhead things.

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

That was levelled against him every step, truth is he had one season in the Premier League with an inexperienced squad. To be honest that was half tongue in cheek but we have no idea who well he could do now with the same core but with a lot more experience.

He couldn't handle the pressures that came with it, that's why he became more and more bizarre every week.

His ego was so big, he couldn't handle criticism from the press or fans, without resulting to insults, and bully boy tactics.

This is the last reply on the subject, as i really can't be arsed to re live the Pearson debate, it got boring at the time.

Some liked him, some thought he was an arrogant ****, but either way I really couldn't care less, he has no interest for me at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Monsell1976 said:

He couldn't handle the pressures that came with it, that's why he became more and more bizarre every week.

His ego was so big, he couldn't handle criticism from the press or fans, without resulting to insults, and bully boy tactics.

This is the last reply on the subject, as i really can't be arsed to re live the Pearson debate, it got boring at the time.

Some liked him, some thought he was an arrogant ****, but either way I really couldn't care less, he has no interest for me at all.

oookay.

6 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Okay so we're back to the irrelevant opinion of journos and 'personality'.

If he was such a bully boy then he wouldn't have garnered such respect from the owners, the players and journalists of integrity.

Fans who don't like him are in the company of clickbait journalists and Jimmy Bullard and that speaks volumes.

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

Okay so we're back to the irrelevant opinion of journos and 'personality'.

If he was such a bully boy then he wouldn't have garnered such respect from the owners, the players and journalists of integrity.

Fans who don't like him are in the company of clickbait journalists and Jimmy Bullard and that speaks volumes.

Zzzzz bored

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Really?  Now there's a man with charisma by the lorry load.  Would love to meet him personally.  Probably best not to upset him though.

Back OT, I think it's great to see that NP seems to have made his peace with the owners and the cub (LCFC that is).  I wish him all the best.  Would love to hear from some OH fans on here.

Martin O'Neill gave @baker11 food poisoning