Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

9 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He clearly has a few 'problems', if he hadn't his record would mean he'd still be managing at a decent level in this country.

Pearson is a manager for the long term as proved by his spell with us, had we sacked him after six months or less like most teams do now we'd probably still be hanging around the Championship.

Managers like him don't get time to build teams anymore, that's the reason he isn't in a job.

Just now, Babylon said:

He has flaws, but whatever they were, it didn't stop us achieving all of the goals he was tasked with. So I'm not sure why anyone would be overly negative. 

For getting us out of League One at the lowest point in our history, he deserves our eternal thanks. For his subsequent achievements too, he likewise merits our sincere gratitude and respect. Personally, I would not want him back because of the limitations I mention above. If he really has the managerial quality that many on here ascribe to him, he'll rise to the top anyway and I'll happily admit I was wrong ;)

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Today, OHL represents Nigel Pearson as a new coach of the club. Nigel, 54, takes over the duties as head coach with immediate effect. With the appointment of Pearson, Dennis van Wijk leaves our club. The Dutch coach thanked his team for Friday morning training and congratulated everyone very much. Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, CEO of King Power International, owner of OHL: "Dennis joined the club in January and led a young group away from degradation.

Dennis's dedication was incredibly great and we are very grateful for his hard work." "Nevertheless, we have made the decision that we think is best for the club in the long run. A switch from head coach is never an easy decision, but this is necessary if we want to achieve our vision and ambitions." "Nigel is an incredibly good manager with a wealth of knowledge, good people skills and a strong winner's mentality. He will put OHL on track for the next few years." In addition to his tons of experience, Nigel will not only assist as coach but also assist King Power International in expanding the infrastructure of the club.

Nigel already made great successes in collaboration with the Srivaddhanaprabha family. As a Leicester City coach, he led this club to the Premier League in 2014 and kept it safe in 2015. Nigel is a highly regarded coach in England and had the leadership of England U21, Newcastle United, Southampton, Leicester (2 periods), Hull City and Derby County in the past. Nigel Pearson: "I look forward to throwing me back to football, re-working with King Power's people and helping out with this beautiful club."

"Through my experience with King Power's people, I know how to develop the club and I'm looking forward to contributing to it. The club has many good players and a good staff that guides them. can not wait to work with them and achieve our goals. " Nigel Pearson will already be his first training on Friday morning and will be on the bench for the first time at the clash against Beerschot Wilrijk, on Sunday at the King Power at Den Dreef Stadium.

I hope Nigel will adopt Shteve McClarens style of phrasing in his interviews with the Belgian media - comedy gold 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Hmmmm...

League One: Promotion first season

Championship: Playoff Semis on a shoe string after years of total shit in the championship Nobody should or would have expected promotion that season.

Championship 2nd spell 1st season: Took over from Sven with an expensive but shit squad. With hindsight and knowing how bad those players actually were, I'm not sure anyone could have expected more.

Championship 2nd spell 2nd season: The only questionable season in my eyes... even then were were a poor spot kick away from the play off final.

Championship 2nd spell 3rd season: romped the league

Permier league 1st season: kept us up.

One questionable season in terms of failing with the task at hand, even with that. You compare the progression of others and League on to premier league survival in 5 and a bit seasons, over two spells and having to build two squads from almost scratch is still good.

Even that 'questionable season' saw us top of the league at the halfway point and gave us one of our greatest individual moments in recent times at Forest. The drop in form was alarming and disappointing, but he turned it around.

48 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I believe those goals could have been achieved quicker if he'd been less defensive with his tactics.

Don't bother trying to reignite this, you can't argue with the facts.

We get it, you don't like the man. But trying to make out he wasn't a good manager for us is futile, because you're statistically wrong.

Something you could argue about is whether he is our greatest ever manager, but a very good manager - its not even a debate.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He was told the club were going to follow a certain internal process and they didn't.

What internal process? The players were clearly in the wrong and would have been sacked by any other club.

13 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Don't bother trying to reignite this, you can't argue with the facts.

We get it, you don't like the man. But trying to make out he wasn't a good manager for us is futile, because you're statistically wrong.

Something you could argue about is whether he is our greatest ever manager, but a very good manager - its not even a debate.

So explain why no other club in this country will go near him. I understand that big name clubs want immediate success so why hasn't a smaller club decided they'd be willing to give him 3 or 4 seasons?

10 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

What internal process? The players were clearly in the wrong and would have been sacked by any other club.

So explain why no other club in this country will go near him. I understand that big name clubs want immediate success so why hasn't a smaller club decided they'd be willing to give him 3 or 4 seasons?

Who cares about other clubs, we're Leicester City right?

On top of that post, anyone who judges Pearson based on his time since us, aka a stint of a few months at Derby under a Chairman known to be an interfering bell at the best of times in the form of Mel Morris needs their head shaking.