Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

11 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

What internal process? The players were clearly in the wrong and would have been sacked by any other club.

So explain why no other club in this country will go near him. I understand that big name clubs want immediate success so why hasn't a smaller club decided they'd be willing to give him 3 or 4 seasons?

Because he justifiably commands a higher salary package than many clubs can afford. If managers worked for free he'd have been in a new job the same day he left Derby.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Because he justifiably commands a higher salary package than many clubs can afford. If managers worked for free he'd have been in a new job the same day he left Derby.

Do you think he's earning more with OH Leuven than he would with a Championship club?

Until he got this job he was wasn't getting a salary so surely anything would be better than nothing?

18 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So explain why no other club in this country will go near him. I understand that big name clubs want immediate success so why hasn't a smaller club decided they'd be willing to give him 3 or 4 seasons?

Because clubs in general are owned by non-football businessmen that are too corporate-minded to see past the media circus, our's weren't and over two reigns took us from our lowest ever point to the brink of something we'd never expect.

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

Because clubs in general are owned by non-football businessmen that are too corporate-minded to see past the media circus, our's weren't and over two reigns took us from our lowest ever point to the brink of something we'd never expect.

Clubs in general are owned by business men that want to get their club as high as possible to increase revenue.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

Clubs in general are owned by business men that want to get their club as high as possible to increase revenue.

Then Pearson did his job perfectly then, seeing as he took us to the Premier League and kept us there. His other spells, aka one decent season at Hull before he moved back to us and a matter of months under that interfering dick Morris aren't exactly much evidence otherwise. You agree?

Its also a really good move for getting city fans to look at or be interested in OH, people will look at how they're doing etc due to him. Will get more press from England etc and also for any Leicester players going over, may already be known.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Then Pearson did his job perfectly then, seeing as he took us to the Premier League and kept us there. His other spells, aka one decent season at Hull before he moved back to us and a matter of months under that interfering dick Morris aren't exactly much evidence otherwise. You agree?

So why haven't other clubs signed him, if he's that great they'd surely put up with his problems with criticism (FOAD and Ostrich etc).

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So why haven't other clubs signed him, if he's that great they'd surely put up with his problems with criticism (FOAD and Ostrich etc).

Because fans of clubs around the country hate him because of how the Ostrich and McArthur stuff was portrayed in the media.

Most can't look past that.

Also the Derby situation didn't help.. whether it was his fault or not.

• Like 2

Just now, hackneyfox said:

Why does that matter? Other clubs know as much as we do about him. They work with the same statistics and information as us. They haven't got some secret insider knowledge he's a reptilian shapeshifter. They're obviously scared of the media circus, so more fool them. 

Also, to add to my previous point, he finished 11th with Hull under club-placed transfer embargo, in which he also 'set a new club record on 12 March 2011 with 14 away matches unbeaten, breaking a previous record held for over 50 years'. So there's that as well.

32 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Fact is, The Pearson Question can be deduced quite simply.

Pro-Pearson arguments are based on fact. He won League One, he got into the Championship play-offs at first time of asking and again rebuilding on a tight budget after overspending under Sven. The season after we won the Championship with 100+ points. First season back, despite a steep learning curve he finished the season in a place most would have happy with at the start of the season and kept us up. That's all indisputable fact.

Anti-Pearson arguments are grounded in his character. A character which was praised by his superiors as well as almost the entirety of those who worked under him, or in other words, the only opinions that truly matter, and was spun to be a maniac by a select group of spiteful journalists who quite obviously had a problem with the fact he wasn't 'media-friendly' and didn't have great banter with journalists and didn't reveal his tactics and philosophy. So they took fragments of quotes from players and made grand conspiracies about players superseding management which has never been in any way proven in the two years since. 

Meanwhile, in-depth journalists who put thought and deep analysis into their works, the likes of Henry Winter, often were welcomed to interviews by Pearson who would happily go in-depth into tactics and philosophy and were great reads.

If anyone would like to argue against these points I'd love to see what they have to say.

Should anyone bring up tactics, I'd like to point out that Pearson was the first manager since the inception of the Premier League to beat a Manchester United team from a two goal deficit in the 5-3 win, and anyone who can point to more than three games in our poor run in 2014/15 where we were totally outclassed I'd like to see it, because from what I saw we were in virtually every game and when we hit our stride were almost invincible. That carried on into the next season and whilst Ranieri definitely had a major part in 2015/16, last season proved how important the structure Pearson placed was as it started to be stripped, and just how vital his man management was when Ranieri completely lost control. 

Was he tactically flawed? Yes. But ask Guardiola or Klopp (or even Mourinho at Man U last season), all lauded as tactical geniuses how easy it is to get the Premier League spot on at first attempt with a club. Anyone who bashes him for a poor run in the Premier League lacks basic critical thinking.

Excellent rant!

I agree wholeheartedly.

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

As usual you are spot on regarding Pearson.

The fact is the people that dislike him for whatever bizarre reason known to themselves haven't got a leg to stand on factually, hence them becoming increasing irrational and emotional in their anti-NP arguments.

Good examples - Seenitall, Barky.

I don't like Martin O'Neill as a man at all and wouldn't want to meet him but it doesn't stop me appreciating what a good job he did here and rating him highly as an LCFC manager.

Really?  Now there's a man with charisma by the lorry load.  Would love to meet him personally.  Probably best not to upset him though.

Back OT, I think it's great to see that NP seems to have made his peace with the owners and the cub (LCFC that is).  I wish him all the best.  Would love to hear from some OH fans on here.

As a consequence of Leuven appointing Pearson as the new manager, I‘m curious to find out whether we‘ll transfer some of our fringe or older players to Belgium at some stage (as early as this season) or whether they‘re signing Leicester City players on a free once contracts run out.

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

You can expect him, with the resources, time and trust of King Power, to do the following:

• Improve the club's training facilities
  • Improve the club's recruitment philosphophy
  • Improve the club's sports science department
  • Build a squad with a winning mentality
  • Build a squad with a strong team spirit
  • Build a squad with a strong work ethic

Seriously mate, this is a massive appointment for Leuven. You'll be competing in the top tier within 5 years - and not just for survival. Just be patient and believe in him - yes he is flawed like many have pointed out on here, but a) who isn't? and b) he always learns and he always improves. Just look at his time(s) at Leicester City - he's a top manager and right now he needs to prove himself. Many of us are very pleased for you!

Oh and one more thing - Are there any wolves in the wilds of Belgium?

I think Steve Bull runs a dry cleaners in Ostend.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

Hope not, we should look forward not back

Good thing we're talking about Pearson then, with his forward thinking in sports science and psychology and man management :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Good thing we're talking about Pearson then, with his forward thinking in sports science and psychology and man management :thumbup:

The bloke took us as far as his abilities could, appreciate that, but his melt downs proved it was above his abilities to take us further