Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

1 minute ago, shen said:

That's not what the statement from the club said. I'm only going by what I read. 

Ah ok, i must be remembering what other people posted.

Tell you something, if the worst happens to LCFC and we were relegated, there is no one else in the world I'd want as manager of the football club.

He'll rebuild us and have us back up. Amazed that no other championship club took a punt on him because of a bust up with the idiot owner of Derby County.

But lets hope we remain in the prem as long as possible. To go down would be a fvck up of the highest order.

Edited by Tuna

33 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Dangerous....that part of your memory bank needs uprooting and throwing in a furnace lol

There isn't a furnace big enough to cope with all the rubbish that's in my brain.

As Homer Simpson said: Every time I learn something new, a little of the old gets pushed out of my brain.

Unfortunately it pushes out the good stuff and leaves the rubbish.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Tell you something, if the worst happens to LCFC and we were relegated, there is no one else in the world I'd want as manager of the football club.

He'll rebuild us and have us back up. Amazed that no other championship club took a punt on him because of a bust up with the idiot owner of Derby County.

But lets hope we remain in the prem as long as possible. To go down would be a fvck up of the highest order.

Recruitment was key to our success as much as Pearson, the worry about signings and not having Walsh's eye would still make me think twice.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Recruitment was key to our success as much as Pearson, the worry about signings and not having Walsh's eye would still make me think twice.

Walsh's eye must have had an infection recently given the shambles going on at Everton.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Walsh's eye must have had an infection recently given the shambles going on at Everton.

Think their problem is they signed Rooney, who is a waste of space. Koeman also plays their record transfer on the wing. Walsh's biggest failure was not getting a suitable striker. 

I'd have Walsh back in a second. Without him we just keep buying players that don't suit hoof potato football. Pearson signed some expensive flops at Derby. I'd want them all back together if we ever resort to Pearson.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

There is no other club in the country where the assistant manager is the manager of a PL club and the manager is in charge of a Belgian 2nd tier club. Literally nobody bar Leicester could pull that off.

I really do think he'll be back one day.

See Owners post. Do wonder if owners see more opportunity for (low cost-low risk) growth in Leuven and actually NP, with a track record in building a club, is part of their long term LCFC exit strategy, having won the league the only way is down.

1 hour ago, shen said:

The reasons he was sacked surely still apply. Not sure which circumstances will have changed since then.

My guess is it would take relegation before the owners would consider him again.

What were the reasons given for his sacking?

Seems strange that they apply to the club but not the owners who sacked him.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The Walsh myth perpetuated. He was as hit and miss as most people and of course he was overseeing lots of other people's work. We were lucky with a couple of signings - let's not make this into something it wasn't. Walsh recruited or oversaw the recruitment of a lot of not so good signings too and has continued in this vein for Everton. At best we could say he was good at recruiting for a championship team but not a prem team.

11 minutes ago, Max Power said:

There is definitely a chance he could be back purely because the decision makers at the club are so lacking in football knowledge and imagination. 

This appears a good assumption.

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

The Walsh myth perpetuated. He was as hit and miss as most people and of course he was overseeing lots of other people's work. We were lucky with a couple of signings - let's not make this into something it wasn't. Walsh recruited or oversaw the recruitment of a lot of not so good signings too and has continued in this vein for Everton. At best we could say he was good at recruiting for a championship team but not a prem team.

Yeah someone signing the players that won THREE leagues is a myth. If someone is perpetuating a myth it's you, because the evidence is there.

Shall we look at the players he signed for a fee in the championship during their second spell?

Danny Drinkwater

Wes Morgan

Matty James

Ritchie De Laet

Jamie Vardy

Chris Wood

Riyad Mahrez

Ben Marshall
Anthony Knockaert

Anyone else was a free transfer or a loan which are always going to be hit and miss. If you think it's easy to put a team together on frees and loans you're deluded. Even though he managed it in league one.

Whilst Pearson was here he was in total charge and flops that cost money are few and far between. Can he spend big money, there are question marks there, but there are also question marks about managers getting the best out of players that he's provided them. Lets not forget here the point specifically was about him returning in the championship.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah someone signing the players that won THREE leagues is a myth. If someone is perpetuating a myth it's you, because the evidence is there.

Shall we look at the players he signed for a fee in the championship during their second spell?

Danny Drinkwater

Wes Morgan

Matty James

Ritchie De Laet

Jamie Vardy

Chris Wood

Riyad Mahrez

Ben Marshall
Anthony Knockaert

Anyone else was a free transfer or a loan which are always going to be hit and miss. If you think it's easy to put a team together on frees and loans you're deluded. Even though he managed it in league one.

Whilst Pearson was here he was in total charge and flops that cost money are few and far between. Can he spend big money, there are question marks there, but there are also question marks about managers getting the best out of players that he's provided them. Lets not forget here the point specifically was about him returning in the championship.

He is clearly an all-seeing God. 

We shouldn't have even bothered with all the other scouts and recruitment officials.

FYI your list shows me 4 players that were involved in the prem title season (from all the years of service he gave us) and I agree we were very lucky with Mahrez and Vardy but probably not as lucky as many other teams in the prem. I believe that you are overstating 1 man's work in the great scheme of scouting and recruitment to the denigration of everyone else in the system (including the coaching abilities that enabled Vardy and Mahrez to become the players they are).

17 minutes ago, FIF said:

He is clearly an all-seeing God.

Yeah that's it, let overstate someones point in an attempt to discredit them. Who said he was a god? It's a fact he signed the vast majority of the players that won three divisions.

We shouldn't have even bothered with all the other scouts and recruitment officials.

He along with Pearson put together the entire network of scouting and backroom team, he put the things in place to make it a success. We know for a fact he was personally responsible in spotting many of our most successful signings.

FYI your list shows me 4 players that were involved in the prem title season (from all the years of service he gave us)

That's just the players he signed in the championship, you want me to add in the premier league players under Pearson then it's Fuch's, Okazaki, Leo, Kante, Simpson, Albrighton, Huth. The only player he didn't sign from our usual starting 11 was Kasper.

The years of service spanned two spells and three divisions. You think all the players he had to sign on a free in league one are going to be smashing it in the premier league or something? lol

I believe that you are overstating 1 man's work in the great scheme of scouting and recruitment to the denigration of everyone else in the system (including the coaching abilities that enabled Vardy and Mahrez to become the players they are).

Am I... perhaps you should go back to the original post where I just said he recruitment was key. You're the one who decided to wade in trying to discredit everything he did. So it seems you are the one understating more than anything. 

If you don't think our recruitment strategy headed up by him was pretty outstanding when Pearson was here and played a massive part in our success you're deluded. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Good point.

Impossible to gauge his transfer dealings whilst at Derby as he wasn't there long enough and I think only signed Vydra and Anya.

Am I... perhaps you should go back to the original post where I just said he recruitment was key. You're the one who decided to wade in trying to discredit everything he did. So who is overstating here. 

If you don't think our recruitment strategy headed up by him was pretty outstanding when Pearson was here and played a massive part in our success you're deluded. 

I went back to the post where you actually stated:

someone signing the players that won THREE leagues is a myth

I have no disagreement that we did well with recruitment, but you put this all down to Walsh though now you are clearly backtracking and agreeing with me that he was just a part of the system. Walsh didn't sign any of the players you mentioned. I don't think you understand how much "luck" is involved in these situations - for every "Mahrez" found there are many more players who fail to make the grade. There are many other systems where the success rate is as good and better.

If walsh was as good as you make out then we wouldn't have spunked millions of pounds on good players that have completely failed at LCFC - Slim, Musa, Mendy, Kapustka were all scouted and recommended by Walsh. 

He was a part of a good recruitment team but in no way was he solely responsible and he is not irreplaceable. We have never even had the best recruitment success in the Prem. Don't make him into something he never was, it's a common fallacy with football fans as shown in regards to MoN, NP, Cambiasso, Wellens, ad nauseum...

56 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We're talking about Championship level where his recruitment was very decent.

Nothing like forward planning............................

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

I have no disagreement that we did well with recruitment, but you put this all down to Walsh though now you are clearly backtracking and agreeing with me that he was just a part of the system. Walsh didn't sign any of the players you mentioned.

The hell are you talking about "Walsh didn't sign any of the players you mentioned", he was the head of recruitment involved in signing all of them. I never put it all down to him, quite clearly there are other people involved. But he was personally responsible for spotting most of our biggest successes as he was asked about how we found them and he'd tell the bloody story. 

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

I don't think you understand how much "luck" is involved in these situations - for every "Mahrez" found there are many more players who fail to make the grade. There are many other systems where the success rate is as good and better.

Again, what the hell are you talking about. Who are all these many more players that failed to make the grade? He's put together three completely different squads that won three different divisions. Players we've paid money for have generally been a success far more often than they were flops, under Pearson specifically they were almost all successes barring one or two.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

If walsh was as good as you make out then we wouldn't have spunked millions of pounds on good players that have completely failed at LCFC - Slim, Musa, Mendy, Kapustka were all scouted and recommended by Walsh.

We only know for sure two of them were scouted by Walsh for starters, some not even signed when he was here. Plus, again, I'll refer you back to the orginal post that talked about in the CHAMPIONSHIP.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

He was a part of a good recruitment team but in no way was he solely responsible and he is not irreplaceable. We have never even had the best recruitment success in the Prem. Don't make him into something he never was, it's a common fallacy with football fans as shown in regards to MoN, NP, Cambiasso, Wellens, ad nauseum...

Yeah do tell what other team won the premier league with a squad costing about £25m.

Clueless.

New assistant for Pearson?

City vice-chairman Aiyawatt ‘Top’ Srivaddhanaprabha is over in Thailand launching King Power’s Cup, which aims to find the best under-15 players in the country and provide them with youth contracts at City.

During the accompanying news conference, he declared his plans to get more Thai coaches working in Europe, revealing that he’d offered the assistant manager’s job at Leuven to former Thailand national coach Kiatsiak Senamuang.

“I have not heard anything from Kiatisak yet -- he is busy with his pro-licence coaching course,” said Top. “We will wait for his decision first and if he is really interested, we will discuss the details.

“Any Thai coach with substantial experience can come and talk to me. I don’t have a special interest in Kiatisak but I think he deserves another chance.”

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/live-leicester-city-news-transfer-572312