Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

But suggestions success will land him a job back in England annoy him.

"I find that type of question bizarre in the sense that, I've just come here...

At that point, I thought for a second he was going into another ostrich rant ?

On 07/10/2017 at 00:47, Wookie said:

Even if Leuven are now by far and away the best team in the division there's still a quite significant chance they don't go up, the winner of the league season plays the winner of the playoff competition at the end of the season with the winner going up.

You've slightly misread the system. The season is split into two. The first half winners play the second half winners in a promotion playoff.

If they win both sections, they go up without the playoff. 

On 7-10-2017 at 01:47, Wookie said:

Even if Leuven are now by far and away the best team in the division there's still a quite significant chance they don't go up, the winner of the league season plays the winner of the playoff competition at the end of the season with the winner going up.

FYI, not completely true. It's an eight team compo where everyone plays each other four times. The winners of the two period championships then play each other in a playoff home and away and the winner goes up. If you win both period championships, you automatically go up. Technically, you're better off winning the second one since you'll have the better form and will stand a better chance in the playoffs.

That said, we won with a lot of difficulty against a hard to break down Westerlo team today. Finally went up around the 70 mark, conceded 10 minutes before the end and snatched the (not so deserved) winner in the 89th minute. Saw some British blokes on the bus on the way to the game, curious if they were Leicester sups on a visit. If any of you fellas do decide to hop over some day, send me a message in advance so we can arrange so beers and give you a decent run of the fun we have. ;)

• Like 2

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/belgium/fc-oud-heverlee-leuven/267/

I'd say there's a crunch match with Beerschot-Wilrijk in two matches time, the winner likely topping the league but the format of the of the competition still confuses me. The season is split into two, the winners playing each other at the end of the season in the so-called play-offs for promotion?

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/belgium/fc-oud-heverlee-leuven/267/

I'd say there's a crunch match with Beerschot-Wilrijk in two matches time, the winner likely topping the league but the format of the of the competition still confuses me. The season is split into two, the winners playing each other at the end of the season in the so-called play-offs for promotion?

Yes, but if the same team tops the table in both halves of the season they go straight up.

17 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Pearson haters: 

"Rubbish, should have scored earlier". 

lollol

The 'Pearson haters' will probably also say: "It's not his team / it's all down to the backroom staff / Cambiasso was the real reason OH Leuven won the game / Ranieri would've had the game won earlier / eeeee's gorra gooooo..." etc etc