Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

New assistant for Pearson?

City vice-chairman Aiyawatt ‘Top’ Srivaddhanaprabha is over in Thailand launching King Power’s Cup, which aims to find the best under-15 players in the country and provide them with youth contracts at City.

During the accompanying news conference, he declared his plans to get more Thai coaches working in Europe, revealing that he’d offered the assistant manager’s job at Leuven to former Thailand national coach Kiatsiak Senamuang.

“I have not heard anything from Kiatisak yet -- he is busy with his pro-licence coaching course,” said Top. “We will wait for his decision first and if he is really interested, we will discuss the details.

“Any Thai coach with substantial experience can come and talk to me. I don’t have a special interest in Kiatisak but I think he deserves another chance.”

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/live-leicester-city-news-transfer-572312

I heard it's Shakey who's joining him.

5 hours ago, FIF said:

I went back to the post where you actually stated:

I have no disagreement that we did well with recruitment, but you put this all down to Walsh though now you are clearly backtracking and agreeing with me that he was just a part of the system. Walsh didn't sign any of the players you mentioned. I don't think you understand how much "luck" is involved in these situations - for every "Mahrez" found there are many more players who fail to make the grade. There are many other systems where the success rate is as good and better.

If walsh was as good as you make out then we wouldn't have spunked millions of pounds on good players that have completely failed at LCFC - Slim, Musa, Mendy, Kapustka were all scouted and recommended by Walsh. 

He was a part of a good recruitment team but in no way was he solely responsible and he is not irreplaceable. We have never even had the best recruitment success in the Prem. Don't make him into something he never was, it's a common fallacy with football fans as shown in regards to MoN, NP, Cambiasso, Wellens, ad nauseum...

Scouted, recommended but not consulted - the rumour regards Slim is that Walsh liked him but a price. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The Thais are trying to improve the standard of football in their own country. Nothing wrong with that. It's probably the main reason they bought the Belgian club.

Quite, imagine if owners in this country cared about the national team, we might get passed the group stages!

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

The Thais are trying to improve the standard of football in their own country. Nothing wrong with that. It's probably the main reason they bought the Belgian club.

Could you imagine if we signed a Thai midfielder (presumably not a very good one) and stuck him in with N'Didi just to try and improve the standard of Thai football? 

A Thai assistant manager would probably have less of an impact than that example but the principle remains.

11 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

New assistant for Pearson?

City vice-chairman Aiyawatt ‘Top’ Srivaddhanaprabha is over in Thailand launching King Power’s Cup, which aims to find the best under-15 players in the country and provide them with youth contracts at City.

During the accompanying news conference, he declared his plans to get more Thai coaches working in Europe, revealing that he’d offered the assistant manager’s job at Leuven to former Thailand national coach Kiatsiak Senamuang.

“I have not heard anything from Kiatisak yet -- he is busy with his pro-licence coaching course,” said Top. “We will wait for his decision first and if he is really interested, we will discuss the details.

“Any Thai coach with substantial experience can come and talk to me. I don’t have a special interest in Kiatisak but I think he deserves another chance.”

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/live-leicester-city-news-transfer-572312

Oh yeah because the Thai academy has been bearing fruit recently for us. 

18 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Could you imagine if we signed a Thai midfielder (presumably not a very good one) and stuck him in with N'Didi just to try and improve the standard of Thai football? 

A Thai assistant manager would probably have less of an impact than that example but the principle remains.

That's why they've bought the Belgian club because the standard is lower.

There's no reason why a Thai player should be any worse than a Japanese player or a Korean, they just need the opportunities and the coaching.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

That's got disaster written all over it, jobs should be given on merit not doing people favours.

Agree.

Not sure that this would go down well with Pearson, if the Thai bloke accepts...

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Little interview with Elliot: https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2017-10-06/moore20-is-de-leider-achterin-bij-ohl

I've tried to translate it, but I apologise for any mistakes.

English prospect already leading the OHL defense: 'Me coaching Schuermans? Everybody has to coach each other'

Elliot Moore has been a revelation at central back at OHL. The Englishman has been quite impressive and is already the true leader at the back, despite his young age.

Kenneth Schuermans, normally his defensive partner, is 6 year older than the barely 20 year old Moore, but when the man from England speaks, Schuermans listens.

And he is right to do so, Moore can perfectly stear the defense and has the capacity of a true leader. After all, you don't get to be captain of the reserve squad of a EPL team for nothing.

Despite all the praise, Moore stays cool. 'The fact that I'm coaching Schuermans? Everybody has to coach each other. That's the only way to get better as a team. I'm just doing my job really.

At the beginning of my career I've had some problems giving my teammates orders, but by doing it you get better at it. And this club is perfect to take the next step at that.

• Like 2

Even if Leuven are now by far and away the best team in the division there's still a quite significant chance they don't go up, the winner of the league season plays the winner of the playoff competition at the end of the season with the winner going up.

Edited by Wookie

Hope nige gets a Cambodian assistant soon. Also pretty important they get in a goalkeeping coach from Macau and a fitness coach from the isle of man. Otherwise what's this all been for? They are just as good as deserve the chance regardless of actual ability.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Who and when do OH play this weekend?

Westerlo at home tomorrow at 5pm.

(Just seen the England games is at 5pm, wonderful! I know which game i'll be watching and be more excited about, not that it's a choice I have to make, I was never going to watch the England game anyway)

Tubize away next Friday at 7.30pm.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

I'm sure Nigel is fine with being told he'll have a Thai understudy. I'm pretty sure the terms of Nige's current gig were well spelled out.

I heard that Nigel's son was "interviewing" potential Thai candidates throughout the night.

Nigel Pearson keen to succeed in Belgium after Leicester City exit

By Gary Cotterill, Sky Sports News

Last Updated: 07/10/17 8:46am

Nigel Pearson is now managing Belgian second-tier club OH Leuven but he does not view it as a route back to Leicester City.

Nigel Pearson insists that being employed again as a manager by King Power is not the start of a return to Leicester City. 

Play Super 6 

There's £250k up for grabs in this weekend's Super 6. Enter your predictions for free here. 

OH Leuven, in Belgium's Second Division, is now Leicester's sister club - the majority owners are the same owners who sacked Pearson two years ago.

Speaking exclusively to Sky Sports News, Pearson says it was time to move on and rebuild bridges.

"It's positive from both perspectives. It's good to be back," he said.

Pearson reunited with Leicester City owners

Nigel Pearson reunited with Leicester City owners in Belgium 

"The way it ended was not great for anybody. But if you spend all your time thinking about the past and what should have been, you get nowhere.

"When we got back in contact and this idea was floated, we did it in a very open way between us. Rather than getting third parties involved, it was just 'yes let's do it', that's all you need to know."

For a manager who pulled off one of the greatest relegation survival stories in Premier League history, a job in Belgium seems a big move down, but Pearson believes in the OHL project - and says he was close to being appointed Middlesbrough manager.

Former Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson (left) hopes Craig Shakespeare enjoys his time in charge 

"I'm OK with people having different opinions on it," he added.

"At this stage in my career I wanted to do something that I felt positive about."

"I came close to the Middlesbrough job. I turned down a few offers. But after my last job [Derby County], I reassessed where I was. I needed a job that inspired me."

The way it ended was not great for anybody. But if you spend all your time thinking about the past and what should have been, you get nowhere.

Nigel Pearson on Leicester City

Two days after taking over, Pearson sat in the stands to see his new team draw. Since being in the dugout they've played two, won two. Leuven are now second in the table.

But suggestions success will land him a job back in England annoy him.

"I find that type of question bizarre in the sense that, I've just come here, I'm really pleased to be here, and I want to dedicate quite a bit of time to hopefully make a successful input."

I get the impression that Pearson has a very nurturing personality and will probably welcome the guy and be happy to help him develop. I'd guess also it was part of the job offer and description.

14 hours ago, Wookie said:

Even if Leuven are now by far and away the best team in the division there's still a quite significant chance they don't go up, the winner of the league season plays the winner of the playoff competition at the end of the season with the winner going up.

I think the way it works is that the season is split into two halves, if OHL win both halves then they go up automatically.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brucey said:

I think the way it works is that the season is split into two halves, if OHL win both halves then they go up automatically.

Yeah that's how it works, bizarrely however the teams (excluding the promoted team) in positions 2-4 then form a mini league with the top flight 7-15 teams to qualify for the Europa league qualifiers. So potentially (although slightly unrealistic) Leuven could be playing in the Europa league next season while still being in the second tier.