Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

tenor.gif.b8889918784e47eb3a394fd19ac63c30.gif

:-)

just a realist. If Pearson would make some easy decisions (benching Hirst, playing Kaputska in the center...) we might really build on todays performance. But it wasn't the first time this season that we started very strong, just to let it slip through our fingers after 30 minutes. If not for the red card, who knows, it might not have been any different today. Even though there were some good periods in the game from us, we had those in previous matches as well, and today the opposition was rather weak.

So i'm not going to hold my breath just yet, but it's good to see that Maertens & Libert are in the team again. It's a first step but it was a necessary one. Let's hope we can build on todays victory to get out of the slump.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

just a realist. If Pearson would make some easy decisions (benching Hirst, playing Kaputska in the center...) we might really build on todays performance. But it wasn't the first time this season that we started very strong, just to let it slip through our fingers after 30 minutes. If not for the red card, who knows, it might not have been any different today. Even though there were some good periods in the game from us, we had those in previous matches as well, and today the opposition was rather weak.

So i'm not going to hold my breath just yet, but it's good to see that Maertens & Libert are in the team again. It's a first step but it was a necessary one. Let's hope we can build on todays victory to get out of the slump.

Hirst not performing ? 

And congratulations on your win and a decent win it was, may it be the 1st of many. 

4 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Hirst not performing ?

I'm not saying this because he has only scored one goal the entire season. He's slow, has clumsy feet, needs a lot of time and space to manouvre. On top of missing easy tap ins. Like today. The boy is out of his depth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

I'm not saying this because he has only scored one goal the entire season. He's slow, has clumsy feet, needs a lot of time and space to manouvre. On top of missing easy tap ins. Like today. The boy is out of his depth.

Thats not good to hear, i honestly thought he may turn out to be something special. He is young though and new to the league, lets hope he comes good as he grows into it.

Its a real shame i 'we' in the Uk find it really hard to be able to see your games.  

24 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Thats not good to hear, i honestly thought he may turn out to be something special. He is young though and new to the league, lets hope he comes good as he grows into it.

Its a real shame i 'we' in the Uk find it really hard to be able to see your games.  

i'm not an expert but there are only two sources for livestream matches for our league as far as i know. One being illegal and the other behind a paywall. And there is no guarantee that they will broadcast every match every week. I've heard rumors about OHL matches being streamed on Thai websites, but i have not come across any of those.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lizhang said:

Seeing as you’ve got an answer for everything, let me ask you this.

What’s going on with Nigel’s hair?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lizhang said:

The only thing I would say really is that he showed massive promise at wednesday, one of my best mates is a wednesday fan and him and a lot of his family and friends in sheffield really did rate him as being a future prem striker. 

Young lad in not just a new team but a new country, new league, new language. It's not always easy to adapt. 

4 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The only thing I would say really is that he showed massive promise at wednesday, one of my best mates is a wednesday fan and him and a lot of his family and friends in sheffield really did rate him as being a future prem striker. 

Young lad in not just a new team but a new country, new league, new language. It's not always easy to adapt. 

He showed promise, but where exactly? The youth divisions in the championship? He's a tall bloke and i'm sure it would be quite a bit easier to bully defenders 16 years of age purely on physicallity. But when you lose that advantage (when you come up against older, taller, heavier, more experienced defenders) are you still able to maintain the advantage? Did he show promise with his technical ability and vision? Because he's being outpowered, outsmarted and outmanouvred every time, by defenders who will likely never play in the Belgian first division, let alone the EPL. Compared to Lukaku, Benteke, Mitrovic... who all won the Belgian League when they were Hirst's age and scored a dozen goals or more per season, they were all infinitely better at a younger age than George Hirst.

I also don't know how to judge the youth divisions Hirst used to play. I know Belgian youth teams of Bruges, Anderlecht... usually do rather well in European tournaments, better than many EPL teams. On a good day, our (OHL) youth teams can give them a run for their money. (Unlike our men's team, our youth teams are actually among the best of the country) So I'm not convinced the opposition Hirst was able to dominate at Wednesday, was that much better than our own youth teams.

I'll wait before passing final judgement, but currently he's not the right forward to lead (even) our attack. Maybe he'll evolve throughout the season but honestly, i'd be amazed if he ever becomes as good as Harbaoui (former OHL), who 's one of the better forwards in our first division, but nowhere near EPL material. I'm sure Hirst can improve, but i doubt he'll ever make it beyond Belgian first division level.

But maybe other OHL supporters want to chime in and share their views on George Hirst. My views are usually on the more pessimistic side of realistic.

Look at this video, 4 minutes in: https://www.proximus-sports.be/nl/voetbal/proximus-league/video/20044/oh-leuven-afc-tubeke

This is George Hirst at Leuven. Hopefully he'll build some confidence from his assist for the 3-1.

Edited by Lizhang

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Blimey! Looking forward to @Lizhang being unimpressed. They’d beat lose 5-4 to keep him happy :wave:

To be fair they were losing all the time and when football is bad under Pearson, it is generally uninspiring. Our fans want a new manager every time we lose so we cant talk..

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Blimey! Looking forward to @Lizhang being unimpressed. They’d beat lose 5-4 to keep him happy :wave:

Sure. It's the first game this season that we're playing as a collective with actual drive. Are you watching the game per chance? Or just making assumptions?

This is the 3rd game in (i believe) 4 games we've won. Unsurprisingly, after Pearson made some changes in his starting 11. Maertens & Libert on midfield (both scored btw today) and Gillekens in goal. Like us lowly fans had been crying for since the first game.

FT 0-4

By far our best game so far. Not just the score, but being dominant before the break, and rather clinical. The 30 minute implosion did not happen this time, in fact, for the first time the team kept pressing after 1, 2, 3 even 4 goals. Hopefully the manager has seen who the players are he needs to build his team around.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lizhang said:

Sure. It's the first game this season that we're playing as a collective with actual drive. Are you watching the game per chance? Or just making assumptions?

This is the 3rd game in (i believe) 4 games we've won. Unsurprisingly, after Pearson made some changes in his starting 11. Maertens & Libert on midfield (both scored btw today) and Gillekens in goal. Like us lowly fans had been crying for since the first game.

2 hours ago, Lizhang said:

FT 0-4

By far our best game so far. Not just the score, but being dominant before the break, and rather clinical. The 30 minute implosion did not happen this time, in fact, for the first time the team kept pressing after 1, 2, 3 even 4 goals. Hopefully the manager has seen who the players are he needs to build his team around.

I’m in a funny mood today so I was only kidding! Glad you’ve had a couple of big wins, though I did say just give Nigel time!

This was class too:

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’m in a funny mood today so I wasn’t only kidding. Glad you’ve had a couple of big wins, though I did say just give Nigel time!

He just resorted to playing the heart of the team of last year. Which we all knew was a better outfit than that he insisted on playing the first 10 matches. This isn't really about giving Pearson time, as it is about Pearson opening his eyes. I'm also not going to be too enthusiastic just yet. We are still firmly in the bottom half, with only half the points of the leader. But, i'm hopeful we can build on our current momentum.

16 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Told ya @Lizhang give the man time and he'll deliver

We are in 6th place... out of 8. You guys were screaming i shouldn't have made conclusions based on a dozen bad games, but you guys are quick on the draw to claim our troubles are over after one good game. :-)
Also, the two last games we won, were against the bottom 2 teams (besides OHL). Let's take it one step at a time.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Our little cabbage has bagged two, a minute apart from each other, and Moore got the first.

This is not accurate. Kapustka scored the third, Moore the first. But Maertens scored the second and Libert the fourth. Kapustka didn't score twice.

BTW: Moore wins the header for the first goal, from Vincent Kompany's brother.

That's a total of 8 goals in 2 games, Hirst didn't score any of those But he did provide 2 of the assists.

For those interested: https://www.proximus-sports.be/nl/voetbal/proximus-league/video/20185/roeselare-oh-leuven

EDIT: Here are all the 6 minute reviews of all the matches so far this season:

Roeselare - OHL: 0-4 (OHL in black)

OHL - Tubize: 4-1 (OHL in white)

BW - OHL: 3-1 (OHL in white)

Westerlo - OHL: 0-1 (OHL in white)

KVM - OHL: 3-0 (OHL in white)

OHL - Union: 1-3 (OHL in white)

OHL - Roeselare: 0-2 (OHL in white)

Tubize - OHL: 3-1 (OHL in black)

Lommel - OHL: 1-1 (OHL in white)

OHL - Westerlo: 1-3 (OHL in white)

OHL - BW: 1-1 (OHL in white)