Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

has everyone forgot when leicester didnt win a championship match in 17 and pearson was on the verge of the sack! What happened next?  What happened when he was on the verge of the sack again in the premier league season with only what? 3 wins by march? The great escape.  Still football fans disregard him as a football manager.  write this season off and let him get everything in place.  It takes time! Leicester were rubbish for ages and reaped great reward!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

has everyone forgot when leicester didnt win a championship match in 17 and pearson was on the verge of the sack! What happened next?  What happened when he was on the verge of the sack again in the premier league season with only what? 3 wins by march? The great escape.  Still football fans disregard him as a football manager.  write this season off and let him get everything in place.  It takes time! Leicester were rubbish for ages and reaped great reward!

Just because it happened once in completely different circumstances doesn't mean that Pearson is guaranteed to succeed given enough time. I genuinely just don't think Pearson for whatever reason works with Leuven and much as I love him for what he did for us, past glories shouldn't dictate current successes. To me it's sort of similar to Mourinho's Man U - just because he's shown the propensity to excel at previous clubs, doesn't mean that he should be impervious to playing shite football and getting even shiter results.

• Like 4

Must be a very difficult situation for the owners.

They bought him into OHL as an almost guarantee of some success at that level, and as a possible parachute into LCFC if the need arises in the future ..... A really good plan, the last thing they'd have expected was for him to have failed at OHL and having to consider sacking him yet again, and surely the final time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Sure thing. Let's wait another 17 matches to see if he can turn it around. We're already in last place and in 17 matches, there will still be 2 matches left to turn it all around. Sounds like a plan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it took him over a year to get going at Leicester! We went from crap football with all the fans acting like what leuven fans are now to quality the following season and again crap football to all out attack in the survival season. Just give him time. I can guarantee he’ll come good. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

it took him over a year to get going at Leicester! We went from crap football with all the fans acting like what leuven fans are now to quality the following season and again crap football to all out attack in the survival season. Just give him time. I can guarantee he’ll come good. 

This is stupid. Give it up already.

• Like 2

I'm as big an endorser of Pearson and the job he did here as anybody but it's quite clear to see that this isn't working. He has turned it around here before but there are so many variables in the circumstances, especially given it's a league he doesn't know and he's without his usual trusted backroom team, that I can't see how we can confidently say he'll turn it around here. They're getting routinely hammered. They look a very good bet to go down under him at this rate.

I cannot believe a man who I attribute a large part of our Premier League title win is looking out of his depth in the 2nd tier of Belgium. What a truly extraordinary set of circumstances.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lizhang said:

Not to burst your bubble, but he's already been here for over a year and it's only gone downhill since. And no, you can't guarantee that. I've already explained ad nauseam the way our competition works. We simply don't have that time. It's a league of 8 teams, the last 4 (that's 50% !!!) play each other to decide who gets relegated... to the amateur league.

Let's be honest a change needs to be made and it needs to be made fairly quickly. Nigel is just not getting the job done and I think a year plus is more than a fair chance. I love the owners but  feel they must now step in and make a change. The young players are you going to be shellshocked if things don't change soon

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 1

Not to burst your bubble, but he's already been here for over a year and it's only gone downhill since. And no, you can't guarantee that. I've already explained ad nauseam the way our competition works. We simply don't have that time. It's a league of 8 teams, the last 4 (that's 50% !!!) play each other to decide who gets relegated... to the amateur league.

NINTCHDBPICT000273139892.jpg?w=960

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

Let's be honest a change needs to be made and it needs to be made fairly quickly. Nigel is just not getting the job done and I think a year plus is more than a fair chance. I love the owners feel they must now step in and make a change. The young players are you going to be shellshocked if things don't change soon

Top (the son) has released a blog post only a few days ago on the official website claiming absolute confidence in Pearson and being in it for the long run. So, either this is the kiss of death (not uncommon for the club to utter such comments, just to sack the coach a few days/weeks later). Or they actually want him to stay. We'll know in a few weeks.

In the meantime, Pearson had to change his squad last week at the whim of the owners. Normally Gillekens would be goalkeeper, last week, but because the owners had invited Thai tourists to watch the game, so that meant that the Thai goalie had to play. I'm not sure all the things that are true for Leicester, are true for Leuven, as far as the benevolence of the Thai owners goes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

We can't sneer at the Leuven fans here. Are any of us watching them? The results are awful and the Leuven fans on here did say this was coming, even if they did seem a bit pessimistic.

We got fed up of people ignoring our circumstances when they blasted us for the Ranieri sacking so we've got to be fair here. I'd love him to turn it around but I'd be amazed if he does now.

This x100

The amount of posts earlier in the thread which were obviously well-intentioned but actively telling a fan of another club what they should and shouldn't think was a bit much imo

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

This x100

The amount of posts earlier in the thread which were obviously well-intentioned but actively telling a fan of another club what they should and shouldn't think was a bit much imo

Agreed and I say that as a big fan of Pearson, and we as a fanbase should know better - we've had a disproportionate amount of garbage spouted about us in the last couple of years.

Pearson does need a lot of time but it looks to me like Belgium's a league which is structured so you don't really get it. You cannot approach an 8 team league which the bottom 4 play-off for relegation the same as you do the Championship.

I want it to work for him and I can see why they did it but he isn't the perfect manager and his shortcomings, sadly, are being shown up.

• Like 2

Top (the son) has released a blog post only a few days ago on the official website claiming absolute confidence in Pearson and being in it for the long run. So, either this is the kiss of death (not uncommon for the club to utter such comments, just to sack the coach a few days/weeks later). Or they actually want him to stay. We'll know in a few weeks.

In the meantime, Pearson had to change his squad last week at the whim of the owners. Normally Gillekens would be goalkeeper, last week, but because the owners had invited Thai tourists to watch the game, so that meant that the Thai goalie had to play. I'm not sure all the things that are true for Leicester, are true for Leuven, as far as the benevolence of the Thai owners goes.

Stuff like this really doesn’t make for good reading and is out of order if true. Our owners haven’t made too many mistakes on the football side of it with us but bringing players to the club and insisting they start is very poor.

Either Lizhang is the saboteur or Pearson's in real trouble: getting sacked from Leicester, Derby then Leuven would not make for good reading. If it weren't for his son's pesky racist orgies he would've got away with it too! </ScoobyDoo> Imagine if they get relegated and Hirst finds himself in the amateur Belgian league.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lizhang said:

IMO the owners are completely serious about wanting him to stay regardless of what happens. A couple of our title winning players are very pro-Pearson. Kasper especially, who has been vocal about Pearson being the best manager he's ever had. Kasper is very close to the owners so no doubt his opinion will influence theirs.

Is it difficult to get out of the amateur division?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Lizhang said:

On the plus side if you get relegated 

maybe some of your fans can get a game?

• Haha 1