Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

10 hours ago, Lizhang said:

This isn't really about giving Pearson time, as it is about Pearson opening his eyes.

I’m a big Pearson fan, but he was guilty of that at Leicester. The season before we win the league we spent most of it rooted to the bottom with Pearson sticking to formations and tactics too long. He tried a midfield diamond one game, it didn’t work, we were awful but he carried on with it for 3-4 games before binning it off. The season before we won the Champioship we went top then he signed a few players in January, Harry Kane (loan), Chris Wood, Danny Drinkwater, great signings but something didn’t click and we went a ten game run of not winning. Pearson eventually found the formula and rescued the season and the following season we ripped up the league.

He is slow to change things but he does change them and once he gets that magic formula you’re golden. So hopefully this change to players and formation is the magic formula for OHL and you climb up the league.

On 03/11/2018 at 20:25, Lizhang said:

I'm not saying this because he has only scored one goal the entire season. He's slow, has clumsy feet, needs a lot of time and space to manouvre. On top of missing easy tap ins. Like today. The boy is out of his depth.

My god you are a moaner.

When you got this guy you were telling us that you were the feeder team and we'd bought him just to move onto LCFC. Now he's crap. Make your mind up.

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Blimey! Looking forward to @Lizhang being unimpressed. They’d beat lose 5-4 to keep him happy :wave:

I'm sure he'll be telling us that NP is shit and they're not going to win the CL next season.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

My god you are a moaner.

When you got this guy you were telling us that you were the feeder team and we'd bought him just to move onto LCFC. Now he's crap. Make your mind up.

I tend to moan when my team is shit and bottom of the league. You don't? Good for you.

I don't need to make up my mind, Hirst has been crap so far with little sign of improvement. But just like the Thai goalkeeper, the motive of playing him instead of others, isn't one that is in the benefit of our club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shen said:

A lot of posters in this thread are being unnecessarily harsh or judgemental. for no reason other than Pearson being criticised. Strange, as I think a lot of the criticism has been warranted and not over the top. I suppose that's difficult for some of our fans to acknowledge.

I wonder how many of our fans that have backed NP in this thread wanted him gone in February 2015?

Belgian First Division B · Fri 09/11

Roeselare v OH Leuven  0-4
Goals
Elliott Moore 8'
Mathieu Maertens 33'
Bartosz Kapustka 42'
Libert 43'
All the goals in the first half, the bar denied them a fifth. 
OH Leuven have now won back to back matches and scored 4 goals in each, one home and one away. Is this the turn round or just a blip?

Edited by Dorkingfox

36 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Goals
Elliott Moore 8'
Mathieu Maertens 33'
Bartosz Kapustka 42' & 43'

OH Leuven have now won back to back matches and scored 4 goals in each, one home and one away. Is this the turn round or just a blip?

They were terrible teams and flukey wins (in before Lizhang).

44 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Goals
Elliott Moore 8'
Mathieu Maertens 33'
Bartosz Kapustka 42'
Libert 43'

Just a blip. Pearson out. 

On 10/11/2018 at 12:45, lgfualol said:

I still hold out hope for Kapustka making it with Leicester. What a nice goal.

It wasn’t a great finish. That would have been saved pretty comfortably in the PL I’d say. I do hope that he makes it with us though. 

On 17/11/2018 at 21:19, Bonanza said:

We lost 1-2, but in my opinion we played our best game of the season by far. We were the better team and didn't deserve to lose this game.

Winning our last 2 games has given the players their confidence back, and it shows. Lots of pressure on the ball, creating chances, good passing,... All the things that were missing this season have suddenly returned. Even when we went 0-1 down, the players kept fighting and playing good football. This was unimaginable a couple of weeks ago. Like Lizhang has said before, Nigel has gone back to playing our best player of last season (Mathieu Maertens) and one of our youth players (Jarno Libert) at midfield and it has paid dividends for our performance. Some other players are also starting to play better,

Our biggest problem is efficiency, both offensively and defensively. Our strikers keep missing open chances and our defenders keep making vital mistakes which always leads to goals. Yesterday's game just confirmed that fact. We should have gone 1-0 up, but our striker missed an open header 3 meters away from goal. We went 0-1 down because of a defensive error and poor timing from our goalkeeper, but equalized because we kept fighting back and playing good football. We should have gone 2-1 up, but our other striker missed a wide open shot only 5 meters away from goal. Another good opportunity was saved by their goalie. With 10 minutes to go they scored 1-2 after poor defending on our part. Like I said before, we were the better team and should've won but it wasn't to be. We also missed Kapustka and Hirst because of international duty. Kapustka is playing well the last couple of games after a hesitating start, so is abscence was a big problem for us. Truth be told, our opponents also missed an important player due to international duty [Percy Tau (on loan from Brighton)].

It's clear that this team still needs building. If we really want to win the league, this is what we need (in my opinion):

Goalkeeper

2 good central defenders

Keep Kapustka for another year

2 good strikers

Here are some of the highlights of the game. Sorry for the bad visibility, but yesterday was foggy as ****:

Yeah, that header was an appalling miss, and defensively you looked a little fragile sometimes. It's these fine margins that cost points, unfortunately. I know it might sound a bit stupid, but I feel like this kind of match (although you lost) can be a good thing for players because as you said you played very well, and yet still lost. It might help them keep their concentration for 90 minutes, to turn those little misses into goals/cut back on defensive errors. Clearly you guys underperformed for whatever reason in the first half of the season, but hopefully you can give a big push for this half. 

Nigel's interview was very good. After his last season with us where he was coming across a little crazy, it's easy to forget that he's actually quite a well spoken, and intelligent man. 

Hopefully you guys can beat Beerschot on the weekend! I'll keep an eye out, and hopefully not get the score completely wrong again :D

On 17/11/2018 at 16:19, Bonanza said:

We lost 1-2, but in my opinion we played our best game of the season by far. We were the better team and didn't deserve to lose this game.

Winning our last 2 games has given the players their confidence back, and it shows. Lots of pressure on the ball, creating chances, good passing,... All the things that were missing this season have suddenly returned. Even when we went 0-1 down, the players kept fighting and playing good football. This was unimaginable a couple of weeks ago. Like Lizhang has said before, Nigel has gone back to playing our best player of last season (Mathieu Maertens) and one of our youth players (Jarno Libert) at midfield and it has paid dividends for our performance. Some other players are also starting to play better,

Our biggest problem is efficiency, both offensively and defensively. Our strikers keep missing open chances and our defenders keep making vital mistakes which always leads to goals. Yesterday's game just confirmed that fact. We should have gone 1-0 up, but our striker missed an open header 3 meters away from goal. We went 0-1 down because of a defensive error and poor timing from our goalkeeper, but equalized because we kept fighting back and playing good football. We should have gone 2-1 up, but our other striker missed a wide open shot only 5 meters away from goal. Another good opportunity was saved by their goalie. With 10 minutes to go they scored 1-2 after poor defending on our part. Like I said before, we were the better team and should've won but it wasn't to be. We also missed Kapustka and Hirst because of international duty. Kapustka is playing well the last couple of games after a hesitating start, so is abscence was a big problem for us. Truth be told, our opponents also missed an important player due to international duty [Percy Tau (on loan from Brighton)].

It's clear that this team still needs building. If we really want to win the league, this is what we need (in my opinion):

Goalkeeper

2 good central defenders

Keep Kapustka for another year

2 good strikers

Here are some of the highlights of the game. Sorry for the bad visibility, but yesterday was foggy as ****:

is it safe to say that Elliot Moore isnt good enough then? We've got some good players in our development squad, im sure they would benefit from a loan to you guys.  

I think that Sam Hughes and Josh Knight are both rated as brighter prospects than Moore.  

47 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

is it safe to say that Elliot Moore isnt good enough then? We've got some good players in our development squad, im sure they would benefit from a loan to you guys.  

I think that Sam Hughes and Josh Knight are both rated as brighter prospects than Moore.  

Elliot Moore is a mystery. Last year he was one of our best players, but this year he has been awful. 

We know from last year that he isn't the fastest defender, but he made up for that with his good positioning. But this year his positioning is off as well. He is still young and I think we should give him a chance to turn his performances around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

Elliot Moore is a mystery. Last year he was one of our best players, but this year he has been awful. 

We know from last year that he isn't the fastest defender, but he made up for that with his good positioning. But this year his positioning is off as well. He is still young and I think we should give him a chance to turn his performances around.

You also said you need a new striker. What do you think of Hirst?