Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

14 hours ago, Lizhang said:

After tonight's game, we now have 3 out of 12 points (with 3 home games out of 4). But then again, i'm just a troll and Pearson is the best. We are doing very will with a 6th place overall (i won't mention that it's 6 out of 8.. oops). We are 4 points ahead of the last place and 7 points behind a safe spot. We're doing great. Especially since if we don't make it out of the bottom 4, that -as Bonanza explained- the points from the bottom 4 will be cut in half, so those 4 points will become 2 points.

We all know why Hirst is playing, unfortunately, it has nothing to do with his abilities and qualities. Yet he is one of the players with the most game time under his belt. The guy plays every match, preferably 90 minutes (not today though) and has gotten even worse than he was. If he were a Belgian kid, he wouldn't even make it off the bench of our development squad. Praise Pearson, our God and saviour. In before Lizhang... wait, that's me.

Today our midfield, once again, was mush. The players that have to be on midfield, didn't play and the result was once more, unsurprisingly, shambolic. On the bright side, since the last time i posted, we have raised our tally to a total of 4 good games (out of 17). Life is good, future is looking bright. Greetings from sunny Belgium.

Missed you for awhile after the victory and the decent performances.

17 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Why are you coming onto a Leicester City Football Forum purely to slate one of our greatest managers? What an oddball 

I'm sure he wouldn't be slating him if results were better. 

3 hours ago, Lizhang said:

You must have a weird take on victory/decent performances... like i said, we lost 3 out of our last 4 matches (of which 3 were home games) after my last post last month. I think it's rather hilarious, that since the facts have proved me right at every turn, ever since my first comment i posted this season (predicting the downward spiral before it occured, predicting Pearson's ****ups, making spot on calls regarding Hirst weeks/months ago), that you guys think everything has changed because we won two matches in a row, against the two only teams that are currently behind us in the ranking. And yet you think i'm the one that is delusional. We have the biggest budget, have the most expensive team, and we are sitting 6th out of 8 teams. We are 4 points from last place, and we are 7 points from a safe spot. Yet i'm a moaner, i'm a troll. The fact that i have been right since the beginning is ignored, and two victories out of 17 matches, seem to be enough for you and some others, to disprove all the other matches (that you haven't even watched). Must be fun living in a make believe world.

PS: But to be fair, like i already said in my latest posts from last month (to respond to your comment), there has been a slight increase in quality. But this was mostly down to Pearson finally playing our best player from last season, instead of benching him. Maertens should always be the first name on the sheet. Guess who was absent again in yesterday's match? Right. If we want to have any chance of escaping the playdowns, he is our keyplayer. So instead of playing him against a direct competitor for the 4th (safe) spot, Pearson decided not to play him. We could have brought the gap back to 2 points on Westerlo (who would be 4th in that scenario) yet instead we are now trailing 7 points behind the team we lost against yesterday.

PPS: i also think some of you guys think that i'm more or less alone in my opinion of Pearson.. but the other Leuven supporters on here have said the same thing. Bonanza claimed months ago that he thought Pearson was the right man for the job. Yet he later acknowledged that he was wrong about that. He has just been less outspoken about it. I haven't talked to a Leuven supporter in months, that thinks Pearson doesn't suck, let alone that he should stay. The opinion that he should have been sacked weeks if not months ago, is rather unanimous among fans of the club. But i understand that since i'm the only one in here that is so outspoken, that you might think i'm an exception. Believe me, i'm not. Far from it.

It's actually quite mindboggling that we are fighting relegation with this team, and some people still want to act like there is nothing to be concerned or displeased about. We should be battling for promotion FFS.

What happened with the whole curruption thing? Sounds like the leagues about as straight as a dogs back leg!!

36 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

What happened with the whole curruption thing? Sounds like the leagues about as straight as a dogs back leg!!

Investigations are still ongoing. And i doubt we'll hear a final conclusion soon.

I'm also pretty sure that we haven't seen any corruption instances the past 3 seasons (current season included) where OHL drew the short end of the stick. We did get relegated twice (2014 & 2016) in very suspicious circumstances. Especially in 2016 there is little doubt in my mind that we were ****ed over. Not unsurprisingly by teams/player agents that are now under investigation. Mouscron being owned by Zahavi, owner of players from Anderlecht, with Anderlecht losing from Mouscron in the final matches of the season due to a ****up from one of those players owned by the owner of Mouscron... Mouscron doesn't get relegated but we do. Few matches before that, we are winning 0-1 in Mouscron, but in the dying minutes of the match, we completely forfait the game and hand over the victory... with some players doing some very strange things and 6 of "our" players all owned by the same agent, who has claimed himself that "he is the one who decides who gets relegated". Yup yup.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Investigations are still ongoing. And i doubt we'll hear a final conclusion soon.

I'm also pretty sure that we haven't seen any corruption instances the past 3 seasons (current season included) where OHL drew the short end of the stick. We did get relegated twice (2014 & 2016) in very suspicious circumstances. Especially in 2016 there is little doubt in my mind that we were ****ed over. Not unsurprisingly by teams/player agents that are now under investigation. Mouscron being owned by Zahavi, owner of players from Anderlecht, with Anderlecht losing from Mouscron in the final matches of the season due to a ****up from one of those players owned by the owner of Mouscron... Mouscron doesn't get relegated but we do. Few matches before that, we are winning 0-1 in Mouscron, but in the dying minutes of the match, we completely forfait the game and hand over the victory... with some players doing some very strange things and 6 of "our" players all owned by the same agent, who has claimed himself that "he is the one who decides who gets relegated". Yup yup.

So do you think any of the current squad under Pearson are accidentally on purpose underachieving?

15 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

So do you think any of the current squad under Pearson are accidentally on purpose underachieving?

Honestly, no. Or i strongly doubt it at least. For me personally, it's not the players that are doing the strange things, it's the manager. Putting his best players in the crowd (Maertens, Aguemon...) constantly playing guys out of position (Hirst on the wing for the first 6 or 7 matches, putting other central midfielders on the wing, central midfielders on the fullbacks...). Playing old (37) players who can't run if their lives depended on it, when there is a clear lack of "volume" in midfield (while Maertens, the guy with 3 lungs sits in the crowd) etc etc. Constantly changing the team (6 or 7 players) as if we're still playing prep games.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Jesus - no chances from open play whatsoever for either teams

These youtube vids are very convenient for social media, but they only show the real highlights (goals, red cards...). They are only 3 minutes. You should check out the longer 6 minute recaps. They usually give a better idea of what went down. Unfortunately, they don't post the longer recaps on youtube and you have to check them on their website.

https://www.proximus-sports.be/nl/voetbal/proximus-league/video/20510/oh-leuven-lommel-sk

By which i don't want to give the impression that this particular match would show you a lot more chances.

I posted the first 13 games earlier in the thread, if you're interested.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Honestly, no. Or i strongly doubt it at least. For me personally, it's not the players that are doing the strange things, it's the manager. Putting his best players in the crowd (Maertens, Aguemon...) constantly playing guys out of position (Hirst on the wing for the first 6 or 7 matches, putting other central midfielders on the wing, central midfielders on the fullbacks...). Playing old (37) players who can't run if their lives depended on it, when there is a clear lack of "volume" in midfield (while Maertens, the guy with 3 lungs sits in the crowd) etc etc. Constantly changing the team (6 or 7 players) as if we're still playing prep games.

That sounds more like Puel than Pearson!

I find it so bizarre how it’s not working under his guidance. 

• Like 1

Yet to make a first team appearance for Leicester City, Elliott Moore was sent out on a two-year loan to OHL in Belgium, also owned by King Power, to get some experience.

Managed by former Foxes manager Nigel Pearson, the club currently sit sixth in the Proximus League, the country’s second division, and the 21-year-old was appointed the club’s captain for the season.

Ever-present so far, Moore could, however, miss a few games in the near future, as Voetbalkrant explain he left Tuesday’s game against Lommel SK with an injury, and was seen exiting the stadium on crutches with an apparent ankle problem.

One of three players from Leicester at the Belgian side, alongside Kamal Sowah and Bartosz Kapustka, the England U20 international’s injury has left OHL, who aren’t blessed with many centre-backs, a bit in the lurch.

The likely outcome will be David Hubert (who moved into the heart of defence when Moore was taken off) taking his spot as interim centre-back.

The Leicester defender has been a key player for Pearson over the past season and a half, making 52 appearances in all competitions.

57 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

These youtube vids are very convenient for social media, but they only show the real highlights (goals, red cards...). They are only 3 minutes. You should check out the longer 6 minute recaps. They usually give a better idea of what went down. Unfortunately, they don't post the longer recaps on youtube and you have to check them on their website.

https://www.proximus-sports.be/nl/voetbal/proximus-league/video/20510/oh-leuven-lommel-sk

By which i don't want to give the impression that this particular match would show you a lot more chances.

I posted the first 13 games earlier in the thread, if you're interested.

Nice one, I'll take a closer look! The football looked dour but Pearson's always been pragmatic, if he has the players he'll play expansively and if not then he'll stick with basics

• Like 1

On 03/12/2018 at 19:36, Lambert09 said:

Looks as if Kaputska has got his confidence back, looked quite the player from those clips. 

This could be a great career move for him 

I honestly though he was done for after last season. The signs were very alarming, his confidence judging from the Polish interview I had read at the beginning of the year was at all time low and he did sound like a lost case. I had no hopes at all after he landed at Leuven, I saw too many young talented players go to waste. But watching these highlights now is like seing a glimmer of light at the end of dark tunnel. Maybe it's too early to tell yet but he starts to resemble the good old Kapustka (circa Euro 2016) I remember. Keep up the good work and shine on you crazy cabbage :thumbup:  Hopefully he and his mates will carry OH Leuven up!

BTW... Poland national team needs a player like him like the desert needs the rain so I quietly hope our clueless **** of a manager or someone from his staff sees these Leuven videos. Poland's first choice wingers are semi-retired and/or barely feature in their clubs. A quick Polish winger who gets a regular playing time for his team? - this is unheard of, they are as rare as Yeti or the Loch Ness monster. Call Kapi up already!

Edited by Chester Dontlie

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Yet to make a first team appearance for Leicester City, Elliott Moore was sent out on a two-year loan to OHL in Belgium, also owned by King Power, to get some experience.

Managed by former Foxes manager Nigel Pearson, the club currently sit sixth in the Proximus League, the country’s second division, and the 21-year-old was appointed the club’s captain for the season.

Ever-present so far, Moore could, however, miss a few games in the near future, as Voetbalkrant explain he left Tuesday’s game against Lommel SK with an injury, and was seen exiting the stadium on crutches with an apparent ankle problem.

One of three players from Leicester at the Belgian side, alongside Kamal Sowah and Bartosz Kapustka, the England U20 international’s injury has left OHL, who aren’t blessed with many centre-backs, a bit in the lurch.

The likely outcome will be David Hubert (who moved into the heart of defence when Moore was taken off) taking his spot as interim centre-back.

The Leicester defender has been a key player for Pearson over the past season and a half, making 52 appearances in all competitions.

This is more proof of how the club failed at the transfermarket this summer.

We only have 3 real central defenders: Kenneth Schuermans, Elliot Moore and Clement Fabre. Amateurclub Virton showed some interest to get Fabre in on loan, but when they saw him in a game they declined the deal "because he wasn't good enough". Plus he is always injured. He has been with us for 2 seasons now, but he has only played 3 or 4 competitive games. So really, we only have 2 central defenders.

Yet we have about 10 central midfielders...

• Like 2

It’s a shame we can’t lend you a few of our CBS. We have that many in the u23’s someone mentioned in another post we could field a team of them. (Although that was a bit of a joke) 

I think it would work well for you guys and also the players development. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

Lost against the last in the ranking, Roeselare, 3-1. That means Roeselare have almost closed the gap and are only trailing by 1 point. OHL now has 3 points on the (new) last team, Tubize. But Tubize still has to play this weekend.

Hirst hit the post once. An improvement over the past 10 games. Moore was injured in the previous game and didn't play.

Leuven loses 4 out of the last 5 matches.

(Hail Pearson)

I eagerly await the witty rebuttals.

image.thumb.png.d67585eb70523e971108bb9c3aa5a688.png

Edited by Lizhang