Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Is it difficult to get out of the amateur division?

If it's come to that, what the hell are they even doing here? The club was sold so that we could move forward, not backwards.

It could be difficult depending on circumstances. There is only one team that gets promoted out of a much bigger league, and at the end of the season the one that gets promoted is decided by play-offs in which anything can happen. Pearson would also need to start building again from scratch (and we all know how good he is at that) because you will lose 100% of your current squad.

The real problem would be our youth division. It would be dramatic, because they would no longer be able to play against the other elite youth teams. Which in turn means all these kids they will MOVE AWAY. We will lose all our youth prospects, they will just move to Anderlecht, or Mechelen, or St Truiden... all pro clubs that are only 25-45 km from Leuven. It would also set back the entire youth program as a whole and would need years to recover.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, shade said:

you’ll finish the first half just inside the top half and then win the promotion play offs. there, i’ve admitted it.

It doesn't work like that. Only for relegation you need to finish among the bottom half, not for promotion (top half). You still need to actually win one of two periods first, in order to go through to the play-off final to go up.

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

How can he be struggling in that league?

Doesn't make sense imo 

As i explained already, Belgian football is rather tactical and defensive. Forwards that fail in our league, move to the Dutch league and become top scorers. Top scorers from the Dutch league, that move to our league, are nowhere (as we are currently experiencing with a Dutch "top" 2nd division forward that we bought this summer, he hasn't scored, has one assist, he's basically useless). It's become very clear that Pearson and the owners have massively underestimated Belgian football. As are most of you. Everybody knows the national team, but this is not how we play football in our leagues. We have always played tactically and defensively for the most part (except for the top 3 clubs in the country), because we are a small country, smaller budgets, less technically gifted players historically. In order to stand a chance against the big clubs, because the budgets have always been completely out of whack in Belgium. So Pearsons tactics are easily found out. And to be honest, if you see our players, it's like they have been given no clear instructions, they are just running around randomly, there is no gameplan, there is no automatism between players.

Yesterday, we had one... 1... ONE... shot on target. I mean, what the ****. It was also our only "chance created". This guy is clearly out of his depth.

19 minutes ago, FIF said:

The sky's falling.

Lizhang is chicken licken.

Sure thing. i've said weeks ago that this was going to end badly, solely based on what i saw on the pitch, unlike people here going by numbers. And so far my predictions are spot on. Since then, we've got 2 out of 24 points. Obviously, i'm pessimistic without reason. And yes, it would be absolutely dramatic for our youth devision should we get relegated (and lets be clear, we are candidate numero uno to get relegated at this point unless something drastically changes). We are tied in points (of which most we won undeserved) and are trailing -7 in goal difference compared to the other team in last place.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

It doesn't work like that. Only for relegation you need to finish among the bottom half, not for promotion (top half). You still need to actually win one of two periods first, in order to go through to the play-off final to go up.

As i explained already, Belgian football is rather tactical and defensive. Forwards that fail in our league, move to the Dutch league and become top scorers. Top scorers from the Dutch league, that move to our league, are nowhere (as we are currently experiencing with a Dutch "top" 2nd division forward that we bought this summer, he hasn't scored, has one assist, he's basically useless). It's become very clear that Pearson and the owners have massively underestimated Belgian football. As are most of you. Everybody knows the national team, but this is not how we play football in our leagues. We have always played tactically and defensively for the most part (except for the top 3 clubs in the country), because we are a small country, smaller budgets, less technically gifted players historically. In order to stand a chance against the big clubs, because the budgets have always been completely out of whack in Belgium. So Pearsons tactics are easily found out. And to be honest, if you see our players, it's like they have been given no clear instructions, they are just running around randomly, there is no gameplan, there is no automatism between players.

Yesterday, we had one... 1... ONE... shot on target. I mean, what the ****. It was also our only "chance created". This guy is clearly out of his depth.

I appreciate things aren't going the way you want/hope, but you can't continuously patronize everyones view on this forum. You're saying Pearson is terrible for you, few are arguing against that, but calling him useless is poor from you. He was behind one of the/ the greatest relegation fight back in the history of the Premier League, one of the toughest leagues in the world if you weren't aware.

Success doesn't come instantly, so calling the Thais out for being poor due to the year or so they've had in charge is short sighted. Things aren't built over night.

Pearson isn't the right boss for you, but you need faith that they'll get to the right one. From the looks of it, a lot of your backroom was similar to our players and when things aren't going right they kick up, so a lot either need ripping out and replacing or start pulling in the right direction.

Edited by UniFox21

5 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Have the owners ever dictated the coach which players to use? Because they do it at Leuven. I've said this in a previous post, not everything that might be true for Leicester, is bound to be true in Leuven.

When i say Pearson is useless, that's because he is. Obviously within the context for Leuven. That he has done wonders elsewhere, doesn't change the fact that what he is doing here is abysmal. Neither does it concern me.

Couldn't tell you, we've never signed a Thai player directly to first team. We have signed a few Asian based players, Abe, who people at the time believed was pushed on the manager.

I dont disagree that Pearson is a poor choice for you, I just disagree with you blasting others for their view on him. Personally think they should do what they did with us, employ a coach who knows your leagues and how best to play in them.

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Couldn't tell you, we've never signed a Thai player directly to first team. We have signed a few Asian based players, Abe, who people at the time believed was pushed on the manager.

I dont disagree that Pearson is a poor choice for you, I just disagree with you blasting others for their view on him. Personally think they should do what they did with us, employ a coach who knows your leagues and how best to play in them.

Edited my post. I don't blast others for their view on him, i'm blasting others for being adamant that he is the right guy for us or refusing to see, fail to understand why he's not.

23 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Wasilewski's the man.  Pretty much retired from playing (only 5 appearances for Krakow last season).  Done most of his Coaching Badges (I think enough to Coach a Belgian League 2 side) - and has 6 years experience in Belgian football with Anderlecht.  Coupled with the fact that Rudkin and the Thai's know him, know he's a leader, he's passionate and can motivate all around him.  He speaks Flemish, has played with Elliott Moore - and if nothing else, can help Kapustka again !

He would certainly infuse the team with more fire. Most players here still know him. He'd certainly make an impression. But i don't know if he has any managerial or tactical skills.

Edited by Lizhang

5 hours ago, Lizhang said:

Edited my post. I don't blast others for their view on him, i'm blasting others for being adamant that he is the right guy for us or refusing to see, fail to understand why he's not.

He would certainly infuse the team with more fire. Most players here still know him. He'd certainly make an impression. But i don't know if he has any managerial or tactical skills.

Hi mate, it's been both interesting and depressing read so far all you've written on Pearson and OH Leuven, but I can understand your sentiments and frustration with him and the owners.

I'm interested with a certain player though, Kapustka. Could you please give your perspective on how he is doing? I read he scored a goal recently, but since quite a while (about a year or so) I've been worried he might be finished as a player at a higher level (he's had massive confidence issues as a result of not playing at Leicester and subsequently at Freiburg and being reduced from one of the key players for Poland senior team to a Poland U-21 substitute). I'd be much obliged if you could give here any update on how he's doing at Leuven. Don't worry about being harsh / critical if you must.

Edited by Chester Dontlie

58 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Hi mate, it's been both interesting and depressing read so far all you've written on Pearson and OH Leuven, but I can understand your sentiments and frustration with him and the owners.

I'm interested with a certain player though, Kapustka. Could you please give your perspective on how he is doing? I read he scored a goal recently, but since quite a while (about a year or so) I've been worried he might be finished as a player at a higher level (he's had massive confidence issues as a result of not playing at Leicester and subsequently at Freiburg and being reduced from one of the key players for Poland senior team to a Poland U-21 substitute). I'd be much obliged if you could give here any update on how he's doing at Leuven. Don't worry about being harsh / critical if you must.

He only played 3 games so far IIRC, and his goal was a penalty. To be honest, there are signs of brilliance, but for the most part, he just goes under with the rest of the team. It's very difficult to judge a player in these conditions especially when it's an attacking/creative player in a team that can't manage to create any chances. This team is really in shambles.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lizhang said:

He only played 3 games so far IIRC, and his goal was a penalty. To be honest, there are signs of brilliance, but for the most part, he just goes under with the rest of the team. It's very difficult to judge a player in these conditions especially when it's an attacking/creative player in a team that can't manage to create any chances. This team is really in shambles.

I see. Thanks a lot for the info! I hope you guys can sort it out (with or without Pearson) and things will start to look brighter asap.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We can't sneer at the Leuven fans here. Are any of us watching them? The results are awful and the Leuven fans on here did say this was coming, even if they did seem a bit pessimistic.

We got fed up of people ignoring our circumstances when they blasted us for the Ranieri sacking so we've got to be fair here. I'd love him to turn it around but I'd be amazed if he does now.

Yep. Given a decent section of our fans haven't taken to a man who is comfortable in the Premier League, we can't really slag off fans unhappy at their team being bottom of a second division, however much we rate or like him.

You can't defend these results.

4 hours ago, Corky said:

Yep. Given a decent section of our fans haven't taken to a man who is comfortable in the Premier League, we can't really slag off fans unhappy at their team being bottom of a second division, however much we rate or like him.

You can't defend these results.

You're talking as if all Leicester fans have to be held responsible for the views of a small number of them. You're also talking as if people who want one manager out therefore are obliged to want a totally different manager at a totally different club out.

There are Leicester fans who want Puel sacked at Leicester. I disagree with them but see no reason why they're not allowed to have a different view of other managers at other clubs. There are also, of course, Leicester fans - a large majority of them - who don't want Puel sacked. Do they have to shut up too?

Why views on Puel at LCFC should have anything to do with our opinions of Leuven, or Pearson, or King Power as owners, or Leuven fans being a curious bunch (who aren't keen on foreign owners, managers, players, dislike King Power and were calling for Pearson's head before this bad run of form had even begun) I don't know.

As for Pearson, it's looking bad, though he may yet turn things around if everyone at the club is pulling in the same direction (he's implied that this isn't the case, so we'll see on that score). Yet it looks like a fairly horrible job, with behind the scenes turmoil, a crazy turnaround of managers (only one of the past 6 has lasted as long as Pearson), fans who seem to think their club is a sleeping giant (which, historically, it certainly isn't) and who are hostile to foreign involvement.

Plus, of course, between the owners and NP it looks like mistakes have been made. Maybe they did underestimate the Belgian second tier, who knows? And maybe Leuven fans' in-game protests (which began when they were three points off top, and in spite of going from bottom but one the season before last, to top but one in the first season under KP/NP) have helped turn a few shaky performances into an all-out crisis.

20 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Wasilewski's the man.  Pretty much retired from playing (only 5 appearances for Krakow last season).  Done most of his Coaching Badges (I think enough to Coach a Belgian League 2 side) - and has 6 years experience in Belgian football with Anderlecht.  Coupled with the fact that Rudkin and the Thai's know him, know he's a leader, he's passionate and can motivate all around him.  He speaks Flemish, has played with Elliott Moore - and if nothing else, can help Kapustka again !

Was is still playing for Krakow. He's played 10 matches already this season, after having a one year contract extension at the end of 2017/18. He actually played 17 games last season. So, at 38, he's obviously not aiming to hang up his boots yet.

I saw an article in the Polish press, Google translated, so it's not totally understandable, but I think it did say that he is doing his UEFA Coaching badges and wants to go into management. I guess if Rudkin, the Thai's and OHL did come calling, he might decide that a return to Belgium now is a good idea, perhaps Player / Coach?! He certainly would have an impact. If he is still a player, as usual, it would be in more ways than one!

Edited by bald reynard

8 hours ago, inckley fox said:

As for Pearson, it's looking bad, though he may yet turn things around if everyone at the club is pulling in the same direction (he's implied that this isn't the case, so we'll see on that score). Yet it looks like a fairly horrible job, with behind the scenes turmoil, a crazy turnaround of managers (only one of the past 6 has lasted as long as Pearson), fans who seem to think their club is a sleeping giant (which, historically, it certainly isn't) and who are hostile to foreign involvement.

Plus, of course, between the owners and NP it looks like mistakes have been made. Maybe they did underestimate the Belgian second tier, who knows? And maybe Leuven fans' in-game protests (which began when they were three points off top, and in spite of going from bottom but one the season before last, to top but one in the first season under KP/NP) have helped turn a few shaky performances into an all-out crisis.

Please disregard this guy's posts regarding the matter. I've tried explaining numerous times how things have transpired at Leuven, talked about the historical context, how the Belgian leagues can not be compared to those of a much bigger country (there are currently teams of villages with a population of 19.000 in our top division), yet he continues to see himself as some sort of authority on the subject, and even repeatedly goes to such lengths as to twist reality based on numbers taken out of context. I've tried to explain this to him directly, apparently this has all been in vain. And now we (Leuven fans) apparently are all whiny (xenophobe) spoiled brats that can't show any gratitude for the way our club is being run into the ground.

• Like 2

I'm coming over this weekend Lizhang, for the Lommel game, so I'll perhaps maybe see for myself what a shambles things are.

I'd like to be as close to the dugout as possible. "FOAD" shouting distance at least. Which side is the dugout (yellow or blue blocks?)

Definitief Stadionplan OHL.jpg

• Haha 1

@Lizhang I understand your concerns and I realise it's relatively easy for me to say this, but try not to panic.

The owner's regardless whether you or I like them are successful business people. They've clearly bought OHL as a vehicle to enhance their portfolio, whether that be as a means of making money, as a way to expose Thai footballers to professional European football, or simply to support their project in Leicester by having a club to develop young prospects and shuttle South American talent into the UK. 

Regardless of your current situation or whether you actually like them, it's simply not in their interests to allow you to go down a league so don't worry. If anything have faith that if you really are in trouble, come the next transfer window they have the resources to avoid relegation, should that come in the form of player purchases or simply sending some of our fringe squad player's such as Jakupovic, Simpson, Benalouanne, King, etc on loan.

I know it's difficult watching your team when things aren't quite going to plan but just try and remember that these guy's need you to be successful long term so they will intervene if necessary. 

23 hours ago, Lizhang said:

Have the owners ever dictated the coach which players to use? Because they do it at Leuven. I've said this in a previous post, not everything that might be true for Leicester, is bound to be true in Leuven.

When i say Pearson is useless, that's because he is. Obviously within the context for Leuven. That he has done wonders elsewhere, doesn't change the fact that what he is doing here is abysmal. Neither does it concern me.

And if i come across as patronizing, it might have something to do with the fact that i've been patronized just as much (what do i know about Pearson), with the sole difference that my predictions have all come true, and are based on actual knowledge of the club, the league and by what is seen on the pitch. Not by numbers and a blind belief that Pearson is a miracleworker. When i say many here underestimate the Belgian league, it's because they do. It's clear from the comments. How on earth is it possible that Saint-Pearson isn't crushing this measly Belgian 2nd devision league? That said, it's never been my intent to patronize others, but i've explained the situation countless times, and still people don't want to listen. So it's more frustration than anything else.

I feel your pain and I understand what you are saying about the nuances of Belgian lower league football. It’s possible in fact very likely as you say Pearson just doesn’t understand it. I think I speak for a lot of us that we would love to see Leuven succeed because you feel part of the family. Maybe in time he could get his head around it but as we know football is not a giver of time when teams struggle. Thank you for your passionate views and we really do wish you all the best and I’m sure it will eventually come good with these owners at your side