Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

its a premier league job, I think he'd want it even if Vichai hadn't been killed

Yes ..  but I was just thinking about the timing ...   and his loyalties, and exactly who they were to ...   and who they weren't.     If you get my drift.

After tonight's game, we now have 3 out of 12 points (with 3 home games out of 4). But then again, i'm just a troll and Pearson is the best. We are doing very will with a 6th place overall (i won't mention that it's 6 out of 8.. oops). We are 4 points ahead of the last place and 7 points behind a safe spot. We're doing great. Especially since if we don't make it out of the bottom 4, that -as Bonanza explained- the points from the bottom 4 will be cut in half, so those 4 points will become 2 points.

We all know why Hirst is playing, unfortunately, it has nothing to do with his abilities and qualities. Yet he is one of the players with the most game time under his belt. The guy plays every match, preferably 90 minutes (not today though) and has gotten even worse than he was. If he were a Belgian kid, he wouldn't even make it off the bench of our development squad. Praise Pearson, our God and saviour. In before Lizhang... wait, that's me.

Today our midfield, once again, was mush. The players that have to be on midfield, didn't play and the result was once more, unsurprisingly, shambolic. On the bright side, since the last time i posted, we have raised our tally to a total of 4 good games (out of 17). Life is good, future is looking bright. Greetings from sunny Belgium.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

After tonight's game, we now have 3 out of 12 points (with 3 home games out of 4). But then again, i'm just a troll and Pearson is the best. We are doing very will with a 6th place overall (i won't mention that it's 6 out of 8.. oops). We are 4 points ahead of the last place and 7 points behind a safe spot. We're doing great. Especially since if we don't make it out of the bottom 4, that -as Bonanza explained- the points from the bottom 4 will be cut in half, so those 4 points will become 2 points.

We all know why Hirst is playing, unfortunately, it has nothing to do with his abilities and qualities. Yet he is one of the players with the most game time under his belt. The guy plays every match, preferably 90 minutes (not today though) and has gotten even worse than he was. If he were a Belgian kid, he wouldn't even make it off the bench of our development squad. Praise Pearson, our God and saviour. In before Lizhang... wait, that's me.

Today our midfield, once again, was mush. The players that have to be on midfield, didn't play and the result and was once more, unsurprisingly, shambolic. On the bright side, since the last time i posted, we have raised our tally to a total of 4 good games (out of 17). Life is good, future is looking bright. Greetings from sunny Belgium.

Good to hear you're doing well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lizhang said:

Today our midfield, once again, was mush. The players that have to be on midfield, didn't play and the result and was once more, unsurprisingly, shambolic. On the bright side, since the last time i posted, we have raised our tally to a total of 4 good games (out of 17). Life is good, future is looking bright. Greetings from sunny Belgium.

Why are you coming onto a Leicester City Football Forum purely to slate one of our greatest managers? What an oddball 

1 minute ago, walkerleeds said:

Why are you coming onto a Leicester City Football Forum purely to slate one of our greatest managers? What an oddball 

I'm coming here to discuss the goings-on at OH Leuven, my club. I didn't start this topic. Believe me, i wasn't involved in appointing the GOAT manager at OHL.

51 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

We all know why Hirst is playing, unfortunately, it has nothing to do with his abilities and qualities. Yet he is one of the players with the most game time under his belt. The guy plays every match, preferably 90 minutes (not today though) and has gotten even worse than he was. If he were a Belgian kid, he wouldn't even make it off the bench of our development squad

He’s 19. 

21 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

He’s 19. 

So are the other guys of our development squad and yet they aren't playing in the mens squad. He's turning 20 in february as well. He has no place in this squad, he shouldn't be playing more than 10 minutes per game, it's as simple as that. I'm not blaming Hirst, i'm blaming the guy that is putting him on the field every time while he is nothing short of useless currently. He has played most games and most of those nearly full time. He has scored once. Once. One goal. He doesn't make an impact, he doesn't help the team, he doesn't win any balls, he's slow, he's naïve, he's clumsy. I doubt he'll ever become good enough, but even if he will, he simply isn't now -far from it- and OHL isn't a charity. He shouldn't be in the squad, regardless of his age.

You simply aren't grasping how bad he is.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 3

On 03/12/2018 at 14:15, st albans fox said:

I don't think his profile fits their requirement 

I think it really does. They are looking for a people person. Someone who really gets into the players at a 1:1 level. My limited knowledge of the man suggests he might be a good fit for that spec ?? 

16 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

So are the other guys of our development squad and yet they aren't playing in the mens squad. He's turning 20 in february as well. He has no place in this squad, he shouldn't be playing more than 10 minutes per game, it's as simple as that. I'm not blaming Hirst, i'm blaming the guy that is putting him on the field every time while he is nothing short of useless currently. He has played most games and most of those nearly full time. He has scored once. Once. One goal. He doesn't make an impact, he doesn't help the team, he doesn't win any balls, he's slow, he's naïve, he's clumsy. I doubt he'll ever become good enough, but even if he will, he simply isn't now -far from it- and OHL isn't a charity. He shouldn't be in the squad, regardless of his age.

You simply aren't grasping how bad he is.

Appreciate the detailed updates for those of us who are interested to see how OHL are getting on.

Seems Kapustka is the only decent one at the moment?

So, if as it seems inevitable, you'll end up in the bottom half and have to play the relegation play downs, does it matter which position you end in? Any advantage finishing 5th over 8th? 

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Appreciate the detailed updates for those of us who are interested to see how OHL are getting on.

Seems Kapustka is the only decent one at the moment?

So, if as it seems inevitable, you'll end up in the bottom half and have to play the relegation play downs, does it matter which position you end in? Any advantage finishing 5th over 8th? 

Kapustka is currently the only one of your boys that is a real asset. When i first spoke of him maybe two months ago, he was "ok" but usually couldn't help a sinking ship. Since then he has become one of the three players that i would always put on the sheet immediately. (Kapustka, Maertens, Tshimanga). He has grown, he works a lot and he is a threat.

Moore seems like a shadow of the player he was last year. He hasn't been able to confirm last years form. Hirst is, well, i already said that many weeks ago, and the situation hasn't improved one bit. I know Hirst isn't one of your boys, as such, but it has been implied that he was coming to Leuven to move up to Leicester one day. Possibly.

The only thing that matters is that we don't finish last in the play downs. If we are 8th in the regular standings before the play downs, yet don't finish last in the playdowns, it's good. But the playdowns (the bottom 4 teams) start where the regular season ends. It takes the total of points earned during the season, and cuts them in half. So, if we finish the season with 30 points, we will start the playdowns with 15. That means if we are last during the regular season, that the points we are trailing will also effectively be cut in half. But it also means, that if we (as we currently are) finish 4 points ahead of the last team, that the we lose half of our advantage. So as such, it does matter what place we finish in the regular competition. Because it means we'll have more points, a bigger headstart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2