Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

35 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Lost against the last in the ranking, Roeselare, 3-1. That means Roeselare have almost closed the gap and are only trailing by 1 point. OHL now has 3 points on the (new) last team, Tubize. But Tubize still has to play this weekend.

Hirst hit the post once. An improvement over the past 10 games. Moore was injured in the previous game and didn't play.

Leuven loses 4 out of the last 5 matches.

(Hail Pearson)

I eagerly await the witty rebuttals.

image.thumb.png.d67585eb70523e971108bb9c3aa5a688.png

Pearson out!

• Haha 1

This is very hard to argue against but January is nearly here. I'm sure our academy could supply some excellent if inexperienced players for you to turn it around.

I'm a huge fan of Pearson but maybe this is a case of his leadership not translating to another language? I'm sure this has already  been said so excuse me if I'm flogging a dead horse. I think Pearson's strength is communication and if French isn't his first language, why would  it work?

I hope you guys turn it around.

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Top will have no choice but to let Pearson go. The club is a bit of a mess right now & there is only one person to blame.

Well, there are more people to blame. The transfers this season (including Hirst) were infuriating. And even though Pearson had the ear of Vichai and Top, he wasn't the only one deciding on the transfers.
He is the only one deciding to play knuckleheads though.

1 hour ago, Foxhead said:

This is very hard to argue against but January is nearly here. I'm sure our academy could supply some excellent if inexperienced players for you to turn it around.

I'm a huge fan of Pearson but maybe this is a case of his leadership not translating to another language? I'm sure this has already  been said so excuse me if I'm flogging a dead horse. I think Pearson's strength is communication and if French isn't his first language, why would  it work?

I hope you guys turn it around.

In January, our season is over. Well, as good as. The final match for the (regular) season is March 1st. Chances of us escaping the playdowns are slim to none.

And to be fair, i'm not convinced your academy is where we should look for assets. Currently Libert, a boy from our academy, is handily outperforming guys like Hirst, Sowah and Moore. Our youth teams are kicking the asses of first devision teams youth teams (last week our 12 year olds ridiculed two first division teams 2-13 & 4-11). Like i said before, our development squad and academy is among the best of the country, and i'm not convinced the quality at your academy is much higher. When i look at the two boys from your academy we have on loan currently (Sowah, Moore), i would say it's not. Unless i'm mistaking, Kapustka did not get his schooling at Leicester.

Boys who've never played high stake matches (relegation) are usually not the best solution in these circumstances either.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, blaaklint said:

Admittedly only based on that highlights video, but the Leuven no. 4 had one of the worst games I've ever seen from a defender.

Meet "De Schuur" (Kenneth Schuermans). He is supposed to be our most experienced defender (well, he in fact is) but he is a dumbass first class. The boy next to him (Libert) comes from our academy, is 5 years younger, and 10 times as smart. Libert isn't even a centre back, he's a midfielder playing in defense because Moore was injured. Pearson and the rest of the staff didn't deem it necessary to replace Schuermans in the summer. He was woeful last year as well.

2 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Meet "De Schuur" (Kenneth Schuermans). He is supposed to be our most experienced defender (well, he in fact is) but he is a dumbass first class. The boy next to him (Libert) comes from our academy, is 5 years younger, and 10 times as smart. Libert isn't even a centre back, he's a midfielder playing in defense because Moore was injured. Pearson and the rest of the staff didn't deem it necessary to replace Schuermans in the summer. He was woeful last year as well.

Just saw Pearson's postgame interview. I think they will be bringing in some new defenders in January.

Better late than never I guess...

4 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Just saw Pearson's postgame interview. I think they will be bringing in some new defenders in January.

Better late than never I guess...

Well it remains to be seen if that new batch of defenders is in fact to replace Schuermans (and even Moore) or just to act as backup for when they are injured or suspended (like this weekend Moore and last weekend Schuermans).

Edited by Lizhang

56 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

And to be fair, i'm not convinced your academy is where we should look for assets. Currently Libert, a boy from our academy, is handily outperforming guys like Hirst, Sowah and Moore. Our youth teams are kicking the asses of first devision teams youth teams (last week our 12 year olds ridiculed two first division teams 2-13 & 4-11). Like i said before, our development squad and academy is among the best of the country, and i'm not convinced the quality at your academy is much higher. When i look at the two boys from your academy we have on loan currently (Sowah, Moore), i would say it's not. Unless i'm mistaking, Kapustka did not get his schooling at Leicester.

Sowah isn’t a product of our academy, it looks like he was bought and then loaned directly to you. So it’s just Moore, difficult to say how he compares to the other CBs in our academy. However one of our U23 CBs Sam Hughes is top class, had a loan arranged before an unfortunate injury, if his injury clears up before end of Jan he would be excellent for you guys. We have a really good U23 keeper as well but he’s already out on loan. Don‘t think we have much in the way of midfielders or attackers to offer. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lizhang said:

Lost against the last in the ranking, Roeselare, 3-1. That means Roeselare have almost closed the gap and are only trailing by 1 point. OHL now has 3 points on the (new) last team, Tubize. But Tubize still has to play this weekend.

Hirst hit the post once. An improvement over the past 10 games. Moore was injured in the previous game and didn't play.

Leuven loses 4 out of the last 5 matches.

(Hail Pearson)

I eagerly await the witty Headbuttals.

image.thumb.png.d67585eb70523e971108bb9c3aa5a688.png

19 minutes ago, brucey said:

Sowah isn’t a product of our academy, it looks like he was bought and then loaned directly to you. So it’s just Moore, difficult to say how he compares to the other CBs in our academy. However one of our U23 CBs Sam Hughes is top class, had a loan arranged before an unfortunate injury, if his injury clears up before end of Jan he would be excellent for you guys. We have a really good U23 keeper as well but he’s already out on loan. Don‘t think we have much in the way of midfielders or attackers to offer. 

Ah, i see. Well, our main problem is in attack and centre defense. I'm still not convinced bringing in an unexperienced boy (regardless of quality) is the best sollution, but on the other hand, it's hard to argue that something has got to change. Since Pearson isn't the one that will turn it around, the change will need to come from the players on the pitch, or by putting better players on the pitch.

Pearson clearly doggo in this position. This league format, you don't get time, you don't get a project by the looks of things. There's only 8 teams so you need to be able to beat a good portion of those teams quickly and consistently. Considering they've got the biggest budget or close to, this isn't working. Not like he's been parachuted in, he was there last season.

Feel for him because he took a big hit with leaving us and it's definitely had a knock-on for his whole career really. Very tough decision for King Power to make because obviously they've seen just what he can achieve. But this is very different indeed.

I'd say he needs big investment and of course that will help but he needs the people around him as well definitely, but there's the oncoming reality that he prob won't be the same again after the job he did here.

If there was an obvious appointment for Leuven to make I'd suggest asking him to step down, maybe saying that he'd like to try and get another job over here, and get someone in who can do it in Belgium. With the money KP have going I'm sure they could tempt someone.

And this is me saying it, I love the bloke and he's one of my favourite ever humans after his years with us, but to risk going down from this division, no, they can't risk that.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem is, that even new players coming in January, will hardly have the time to fit in. Like i said, March 1st is the final match of the season. That's only 8 games left starting January. Waiting untill the last minute to sack Peason also isn't the best idea imho. If they want to replace him, it needs to happen now.

32 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Pearson clearly doggo in this position. This league format, you don't get time, you don't get a project by the looks of things. There's only 8 teams so you need to be able to beat a good portion of those teams quickly and consistently. Considering they've got the biggest budget or close to, this isn't working. Not like he's been parachuted in, he was there last season.

Feel for him because he took a big hit with leaving us and it's definitely had a knock-on for his whole career really. Very tough decision for King Power to make because obviously they've seen just what he can achieve. But this is very different indeed.

I'd say he needs big investment and of course that will help but he needs the people around him as well definitely, but there's the oncoming reality that he prob won't be the same again after the job he did here.

If there was an obvious appointment for Leuven to make I'd suggest asking him to step down, maybe saying that he'd like to try and get another job over here, and get someone in who can do it in Belgium. With the money KP have going I'm sure they could tempt someone.

And this is me saying it, I love the bloke and he's one of my favourite ever humans after his years with us, but to risk going down from this division, no, they can't risk that.

I think the biggest problem is that Nigel is overestimating a lot of his players. He keeps giving players that have failed him and the team on multiple occasions chances. I know he is known as a great people manager, but sometimes you just got to get rid of players that are clearly not good enough instead of keep cuddling them.

We need to get 2 central defenders and a decent striker during this transferwindow. After the season we have to get rit of at least 15 players and start from scratch. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

I think the biggest problem is that Nigel is overestimating a lot of his players. He keeps giving players that have failed him and the team on multiple occasions chances. I know he is known as a great people manager, but sometimes you just got to get rid of players that are clearly not good enough instead of keep cuddling them.

We need to get 2 central defenders and a decent striker during this transferwindow. After the season we have to get rit of at least 15 players and start from scratch. 

He's also clearly overestimating himself, and underestimating our league. I've said this multiple times in the past. Pearson and King Power have clearly understimated our league. The fact that he not only brought Hirst in, but is still starting him week after week, one dreadful game after another is proof of that. The boy is helpless, i'm starting to pity the kid. Starting to think Pearson might be ****ing him up permanently if this keeps up. Unless he starts scoring lots and fast in Belgiums tiny league, his confidence is going to take a serious blow. "Couldn't even cut it in a near amateur league in Belgium".

4 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

He's also clearly overestimating himself, and underestimating our league. I've said this multiple times in the past. Pearson and King Power have clearly understimated our league. The fact that he not only brought Hirst in, but is still starting him week after week, one dreadful game after another is proof of that. The boy is helpless, i'm starting to pity the kid. Starting to think Pearson might be ****ing him up permanently if this keeps up. Unless he starts scoring lots and fast in Belgiums tiny league, his confidence is going to take a serious blow. "Couldn't even cut it in a near amateur league in Belgium".

But who should he start instead of Hirst? All our other strikers have shown they aren't good enough either.

I agree with the fact that this isn"t good for Hirst's confidence and that this could be really damaging for his further development.

13 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

But who should he start instead of Hirst? All our other strikers have shown they aren't good enough either.

I agree with the fact that this isn"t good for Hirst's confidence and that this could be really damaging for his further development.

Even two years ago, in the season we nearly relegated, Kostovski en Casagolda each scored 7 times in a team that could not create chances. Yes, they are bad strikers, but they are still two levels above Hirst. Casagolda goes missing 80 minutes, but he scores easily when he shows up. Kostovski, on his bad day, still makes the defenders' life more difficult than Hirst, and scores an occasional goal. Hendriks never got a real shot either. He proved to score easily in Holland's second division, i would still start all of those ahead of Hirst. Heck, i'd even give Vekemans, Bambi and the other kid from the development squad (Keyere?) a shot at this point, he scores with his eyes closed. Just get Hirst out. For his own good as well as ours.

Hirst doesn't score, his linkup play is nearly non existent since he can't hold on to the ball, he doesn't win the bal, he just jogs around 90 minutes. He's slow, clumsy, physically not a threat. Seriously ANYONE is better than Hirst. I'd even give Diedhiou a shot, a guy i could have strangled last year. But at Mouscron the fans were sad to see him leave, so maybe there still is something there.

Edited by Lizhang

Out of interest, what is OHL's "natural" position.

Like it or not, LCFC was a mid to lower table side in the past and our expectations were slightly ahead of that.

What are the "real" expectations for OHL?