Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

Dreadful game. Unbelievable that this guy is still in charge. I'm sorry but we've just about hit rock bottom. Just one place to drop left. And at this pace it seems imminent as well as deserved.

4 hours ago, baker11 said:

Has previously said he would never take the job.

Bummer

Edited by Lizhang

3 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Dreadful game. Unbelievable that this guy is still in charge. I'm sorry but we've just about hit rock bottom. Just one place to drop left. And at this pace it seems imminent as well as deserved.

Bummer

Swap ya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20181228_04069229

OHL brought in nine new players in the summer, and they had to help the runner up of last season, win the title.
We regard two of the nine acquisitions as successful transfers, albeit far from magna cum laude. Frédéric Duplus became a regular in the team as right fullback and scored five times, but is part of a shaky defense. Bartosz Kapustka also gets that label from us on the basis of his classy attacking flashes, but for someone who cost five million euros two years ago, his contribution should be more than three goals and one assist.
Chief scout Rob MacKenzie and technical director Wim De Corte bear the responsibility for the failed transfers, but Nigel Pearson, as a real manager, kept things close to his vest, as he confirms himself:

"If you are looking for a person responsible for the transfers, then it is very simple: that's me."

Happy New Year!

Edited by Lizhang

On 31/12/2018 at 01:24, Lizhang said:

And to you too! Maybe we could do swapsies. How would you like a manager who can get you to eighth in the prem?

(And the staunch pearsonites will only take his taking of responsibility, even more than is needed or realistic, as positive, protecting his staff, and proof he is less a manager but more the personification of all that is good and pure in a man in these times of decadence and moral decay.)

On 07/01/2019 at 11:34, grobyfox1990 said:

Going for the game on Friday 1st March, any tips on good pubs and things to do during the day?

Presume it will be easy enough to buy a ticket on the gate?

The game against Beerschot isn't on friday 1st March, but on sunday 3th March.

Buying tickets on the gate won't be a problem.

Finding a pub also won't be a problem Just go to 'de oude markt' (old market square) which hold about 35 pubs.

3 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Finding a pub also won't be a problem Just go to 'de oude markt' (old market square) which hold about 35 pubs.

How do Kaputska and Hirst look? I see hirst only has a couple of goals, a shame as I had high hopes for him. 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

How do Kaputska and Hirst look? I see hirst only has a couple of goals, a shame as I had high hopes for him. 

Kaputska is one of our best players, so I really hope we can keep him for at least next season.

Hirst is simply not good enough. He is still young so maybe he can still make a lot of progress, but at this moment he is (along with our defense) the weakest link of the team.

I hope the club brings in at least a new striker and a good central defender this transferwindow.

Edited by Bonanza

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

Crap! I'm only there on Friday 1 March!  thanks for the other info though

Edited by grobyfox1990
Typo

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Kaputska is one of our best players, so I really hope we can keep him for at least next season.

Hirst is simply not good enough. He is still young so maybe he can still make a lot of progress, but at this moment he is (along with our defense) the weakest link of the team.

I hope the club brings in at least a new striker and a good central defender this transferwindow.

Oh well nevermind about Hirst. We'll just cryogentically freeze Vardy between matches and play him for the next 10 years and give King to his wife and kid as a substitute.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

I assume that means Elliot Moore has also been poor...?

Don't know what's happened to Nigel. For all his faults, you could always say he could set up a tidy team good at keeping goals out. Obviously he's had bad runs for us too, but once he had time to sort it, he'd get the team in good shape. Unfortunately I think his time at Leuven, and with King Power is over after tonight. Hope he can find success somewhere again. 

We had a successful training week in Spain. So good that we are losing 0-2 at home against the only team with less points than us.

After tonight, we are tied for last place.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 1