Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

Huge Pearson fan as everybody knows but it's clear now it wasn't just him, Shakespeare and Walsh were just as key to the team.

Can't they just buy the players who are playing for the teams who are top of the table? It seems the key is to find the players who know the league, some guy called  Rocha Miramar is top goal scorer, gerrim in along with all the good players in the league and job done. 

46 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Can't they just buy the players who are playing for the teams who are top of the table? It seems the key is to find the players who know the league, some guy called  Rocha Miramar is top goal scorer, gerrim in along with all the good players in the league and job done. 

No, it's not just about the players. We have the second best selection of players in this league. We're just missing a good striker, an extra defender, and a manager that can get his head out of his ass and actually take Hirst off the team.

Edited by Lizhang

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Failing in the Belgian second tier is a bit of a disaster for Big Nige lets be honest.

I couldn't care less that it's a disaster for him. It's a disaster for US. And the fact that he keeps playing Hirst up front (who again missed in front of an open goal today) shows that Big Nige doesn't give a rat's ass about the team either. Yesterday Top stated he still has confidence in Pearson. After today, we can only hope he'll be making plans for Nigel.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

No, it's not just about the players. We have the second best selection of players in this league. We're just missing a good striker, an extra defender, and a manager that can get his head out of his ass and actually take Hirst off the team.

I do wonder having read this is there is just internal pressure to play him. It seems to be a ‘loan’ in all but name and often in a loan, managers are obliged to pick players. 

Cant overlook the alleged Pearson/Hirsy friendship as well. 

20 hours ago, BrokenRecord said:

Don't know what's happened to Nigel. For all his faults, you could always say he could set up a tidy team good at keeping goals out. Obviously he's had bad runs for us too, but once he had time to sort it, he'd get the team in good shape. Unfortunately I think his time at Leuven, and with King Power is over after tonight. Hope he can find success somewhere again. 

Well we used to buy him great players which helped. He was all about great spirit, never much of a tactician. Problem with that is perhaps what works in England in terms of creating a bond and a spirit might not work elsewhere. There will always be subtle differences in culture between countries, if he can't get to grips with that then the bond that gets the team giving their all might not form.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Our chairman might be going on a sacking spree... 

What are the odds on Puel and Pearson being sacked in the same week?!  Top has got a lot of football thinking to do, to add to all his other business concerns!

Edited by bald reynard
  • Like 1

Yesterday's game was the worst game of this really bad season. The chemistry in the team is completely gone, not only between Nigel and the players, but also between the players themselves. Changes are needed if we want to avoid relegation. Firing Pearson won't be enough. We clearly lack the necessary quality to be a steady team in this league.

Only 18 days until the transfer window closes! Time to act!!!

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

****ing hell Nige, what's gone wrong?!??!!

Losing to the bottom side, getting a sending off and not scoring a single goal last night was pretty piss poor. I’m not sure, but I think Tubize had amassed 8 points all season before last night?

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Losing to the bottom side, getting a sending off and not scoring a single goal last night was pretty piss poor. I’m not sure, but I think Tubize had amassed 8 points all season before last night?

Tubize has 19 points out of 21 games, just like us. We're both in last place.

By the way, Tubize is having a financial crisis. Their players and coaching staff haven't been paid for 2 months. However, they came out and fought like lions, while our players looked like a bunch of sheep!

1 hour ago, bald reynard said:

What are the odds on Puel and Pearson being sacked in the same week?!  Top has got a lot of football thinking to do, to add to all his other business concerns!

I think Top, even with all his concerns, will realise, very soon, that Pearson has to go.  Puel might be given a bit longer - though a (consecutive) defeat against Wolves this Saturday, might hasten that decision.