Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

What's you favourite away day?

I've never been to a match yet :( I wonder how hard it would be to get a ticket to the Arsenal vs Leicester match?  (At least we're loaded atm. so money isn't an issue! :D (I can't believe I even said that! Definitely come a long way since working at Walkers (pies, not crisps.))

Norwich City. Great City to visit, a short walk to the ground and a decent hotel to stay at (Maids Head)

Also love going to Portman Road, a proper football ground that still has some old features to it.

Hereford was brilliant a few years ago. Took me back 30 years to what football grounds used to be like. 

Don't get excited by the new big grounds. Cov City is like a conference centre, void of any carachter, and Old Trafford (even though it's an old ground) is like Disneyland

Really miss grounds like Roker Park, Ayresome  Park, The Baseball Ground, Highfield Road and Maine Road. These places had so much history and you could feel it as you made your way to the ground. You turned the corner and there was Ayresome Park nestled between houses. It was like a community, an old working mans club, it had a feel to it.

I suppose you only get that feeling these days at Liverpool or Everton, but don't enjoy parking up and going to these two places. 

I don't get to many away games, probably 1 or 2 a season at most. However of the ones I have been to, I prefer older grounds. I really enjoyed Hillsborough. An old ground with bundles of history and character. 

49 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

I've never been to a match yet :( I wonder how hard it would be to get a ticket to the Arsenal vs Leicester match?  (At least we're loaded atm. so money isn't an issue! :D (I can't believe I even said that! Definitely come a long way since working at Walkers (pies, not crisps.))

South Kensington loaded? :ph34r:

Stoke away on the Train.  Terrace Bar and then singing on the 'party' buses that take you to the ground.  Been great the last two seasons after coming back from 2-0 nil down both games.  The party buses back to the station going by the Stoke fans were brilliant.  Also, any London Club away day on the train is a good day out as you can make a good day of it.

Going back a bit but Fulham away division 2 1983 Ian Wilson scoring at the city end we won 1-0 and got promoted that season absolutely mental.Then although we didn't want to be there league 1 was a pretty descent season for away days 

43 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

South Kensington loaded? :ph34r:

Well, maybe not quite THAT loaded, (I think my Mum is, though - she partly owns the company I'm working for, and I know what their accounts look like), but I've had a decent job (£500 p/w+some fairly big bonuses for helping out with their IT/MS Office setup) for the past three (has it really been three already?)  years in London, have no rent/mortgage to pay and haven't spent much...  (I like looking at my bank balance these days :D )

Hereford and Peterborough for the terraces.

Any seaside place for the jolly, any South Yorkshire side for a few scoops in Sheffield.

There's still something about any away involving St Pancras too - regardless of how horrifically boring the ground you end up at is.

6 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Well, maybe not quite THAT loaded, (I think my Mum is, though - she partly owns the company I'm working for, and I know what their accounts look like), but I've had a decent job (£500 p/w+some fairly big bonuses for helping out with their IT/MS Office setup) for the past three (has it really been three already?)  years in London, have no rent/mortgage to pay and haven't spent much...  (I like looking at my bank balance these days :D )

Hi Phillippa, could you please PM me the details of the company?, I may be interested in working for your mother's company if their are vacancies.

In no particular order: Hillsborough, Anfield, Carrow Road, The Hawthorns, Goodison Park. London Road was great, but I can't imagine it's the same now.

There's plenty of good aways that I either haven't done yet or didn't do properly though.

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Hi Phillippa, could you please PM me the details of the company?, I may be interested in working for your mother's company if their are vacancies.

Nope :P  It's a pretty closed shop, only 5 of us and that's enough :P  (The fact we might be all women who like other women is just a coincidence, honest...)

Archived