Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

What's you favourite away day?

6 minutes ago, baker11 said:

London aways at 3 o'clock used to be the business for our away support.

London trips always used to hold a real buzz for me, but in the PL now Palace is basically the only one left that isn't just a ground full of tourists, I'm in no rush to get back to Arsenal, West Ham or even Chelsea this season, not even sure I should consider going wembley, just seems wrong. And although I will make a visit to the new WHL as soon as I can, once done, I really have lost the buzz for it, maybe if we are upsetting the apple cart again it will come back, but these grounds have just become soul less even more than our place had for years.

Millwall was much better than any of the so called big clubs, yes it ended in a mess but at least it has something about it.

And I missed it off my list, but as mentioned above Orient in L1 was brilliant, part of me longs for those days again, not sure why, but after the last 3/4 seasons L1 was the most enjoyable since MON.

9 hours ago, Hollism said:

I don't normally drink at the football, but that day I was steaming. The one part of the day I remember clearer than any other bit was when Tripathi turned around and the sun shone on his number 23. It was a magical moment with hundreds of Leicester fans- almost giddy with excitement- burst out into Leo's song lol

also vaguely remember one of them getting hit in the shoulder(?) with a fast ball and is all singing 'let him die, let him die'. 

Ohhhhhhh his name is Tripathiiiiiiii

Burnley's Number 23

Yes he cost a fvcking fortune

But he scores runs so that's alright for meeeeeeeee

Pure quality. The poor batsmen were all getting send-offs when they got out. Lads pitch invading to pat them on the back.

Lancashire League is actually a fairly good standard too, that Tripathi went on to play a couple of games for Northamptonshire I think? Away teams must hate playing there during the football season. lol

Barnsley was a great night, Walsall in the snow, Cheltenham in the sun, loved being at Birmingham City the year we went up. Bolton away for Dyer's right foot Championship clincher was great.West Brom has been good fun in recent years

Crystal Palace via London Bridge/Borough Market, Huddersfield was good in the promotion season, Sheffield Utd & Wednesday, Bournemouth if you can get a ticket, went in the home end last time, promotion season again.West Ham and Arsenal were good until they moved. It was nice to go to Stamford Bridge for a change when we won the league. Like going to Newcastle too.

Few from the past

Fulham and charlton( at Upton Park ) purely for the unplanned mass invasion of over 10,000 Leicester fans to London 

sheffield Wednesday in the cup 7-0 down and we scored last minute " you're not singing anymore" ....brilliant 

Guest bss9401

Anfield 1981,

Fulham 1983,

Sunderland LCSF 1999,

Play off semi finals,

Also lots of great days out at older style grounds with covered, terraced away ends.

Always loved going to Forest. Great atmosphere before the game too Also did a few games at Highbury. We always seemed up for it there and created a lot of noise. Those were the days when most of us went by train and marched on masse singing en route to the ground.

Archived