Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

What's you favourite away day?

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Burnley, for the pre-match cricket game.

46 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Burnley during cricket season is a must.

That was brilliant a few seasons back, watching the cricket after, with cheap beers and a tray of chips/curry sauce. Especially with their player, Tripathi, wearing number 23, getting the full Ulloa chant.

Ooooo his name is Tripathi,

Burnley's number 23..... lol 

I don't get to that many now as tickets all go to the members (fair enough) but I really enjoyed Peterborough, loved the old terrace, Norwich is a great place, had a great time in the pub by the river pre-match last time, and in the Div 1 season i really enjoyed Orient away, huge following and a great atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

I don't get to that many now as tickets all go to the members (fair enough) but I really enjoyed Peterborough, loved the old terrace, Norwich is a great place, had a great time in the pub by the river pre-match last time, and in the Div 1 season i really enjoyed Orient away, huge following and a great atmosphere. 

My Avatar is from the Orient away game in 1979, I'm just about to climb the fence.

Manic scenes and a great day out.

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Barnsley

Hillsborough

London Road (before terracing was removed)

Stoke a few years ago on some random 1980's double decker bus after being sent to some dive pub that got trashed.

Got to agree here, but I always tend to enjoy a trip to Oakwell, especially the few in the championship relegation scrap season!

16 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

Got to agree here, but I always tend to enjoy a trip to Oakwell, especially the few in the championship relegation scrap season!

Yeh its quality especially with a packed away stand.

I have been to Oakwell for a few homes games as i have relatives in the area and it was equally as good.

Only downside is the heavy handedness of south yorkshire police and their barbaric 1980's approach to visiting supporters.

In the PL it's Palace. Otherwise, always love Wolves as I can get straight up on the train and my best mate is a ST holder there. Hillsborough and Villa Park are old favourites and Man City is one I enjoy as Manchester is a cracking day/night out.

Notts County in the ZDS Cup in the early 90s.

Pissing it down monsoon style all game on an open, all standing terrace, where even the toilets didn't have a roof. No one moaning at you to sit down, not a clapper in sight, no away priority points needed, and if I remember rightly a goal in extra time to win it. Progress ain't always good. lol

Bristol Rover one Boxing Day ( I think ) The Steward didn't know where we'd be safest with my accent

We were still drunk from the day before   :beer:

Others were Play Off Finals some good, some bad but always had a good time in Paddington Station Pub, it had a great Jukebox at the time.

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

How did I miss this out! What a place.

should be playing come our trip there in mid april.

anything will be better than january, tuesday night, pissing down and losing 1-0 in the last minute to a handball. great times. 

not to mention coming out post match to find molla wague was the only signing we'd made on deadline day. gorgeous. 

One of my favourites was Accrington Stanley. It was like a footballing throwback. Jobber and his drum shirtless in the Pennine drizzle, photographer falling off the gantry, all the good-natured banter with their goalie - who broke a limb not long afterwards and was actually visited in hospital by city fans. It was just a great night but with no frills at all and not much in the way of football either from our lot.        

14 hours ago, Darkon84 said:

That was brilliant a few seasons back, watching the cricket after, with cheap beers and a tray of chips/curry sauce. Especially with their player, Tripathi, wearing number 23, getting the full Ulloa chant.

Ooooo his name is Tripathi,

Burnley's number 23..... lol 

I don't normally drink at the football, but that day I was steaming. The one part of the day I remember clearer than any other bit was when Tripathi turned around and the sun shone on his number 23. It was a magical moment with hundreds of Leicester fans- almost giddy with excitement- burst out into Leo's song lol

also vaguely remember one of them getting hit in the shoulder(?) with a fast ball and is all singing 'let him die, let him die'. 

Archived